Our Family of four stayed at this resort over our daughters' spring break. We had a fantastic trip! Before our trip, we had communicated with the helpful Concierge Medalis. Medalis gave us information on food in and near the resort, as well as helping us set up a tour of the Bioluminescent Bay. In addition, once we arrived we visited the Concierge's desk several times for directions, recommendations, etc. Each time they were extremely helpful and polite! They couldn't have been more helpful! All of the resort staff were very courteous and attentive.
Las Brisas, has a full breakfast buffet. The staff there was also extremely polite and friendly. Each morning, Stacy, the hostess greeted us by our first names. In addition to cooked to order omelets, french toast, pancakes, etc. the buffet also includes guava parfaits, mango juice, and other cultural dishes we enjoyed tasting. While the buffet is very expensive, it is better than most resort food and we didn't tire of it throughout the week. We were glad as Hilton Honors Members the room came with two free breakfasts buffets daily. Without that, we would have probably went to Plan B some mornings.
The resort property is spread out. This is nice as you have privacy and you are not on top of all the other guests. The property is picturesque and has lots of beautiful landscaping! We stayed in La Marina Village. Our room was cleaned daily, spacious and had a mini fridge.
Palamino Island is fantastic and was the highlight of our stay! The resort has two shuttle catamarans which run simultaneously throughout the day. It is about a 10 minute ride from the marina to the island which was quick, picturesque and relaxing! Once arriving on the island, it feels like paradise! There were plenty of lounge chairs and fresh towels. There is plenty of space for each group to have their own little piece of paradise! There are also clean restrooms, restaurants, shops, etc. on the island. The water was nice and warm. We rented snorkel equipment and enjoyed snorkeling. The bottom of the ocean floor has lots of coral and water shoes are very helpful.
We are hoping to be able to return to El Conquistador for Spring Break next year! Our first trip to Puerto Rico was fantastic thanks to the resort and staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo