This the 2nd stay I have had at El Conquistador. The first was 12 years ago. The first time I was here I thought it was amazing but it has definitely lost its luster. The hotel is in desperate need of renovations. For example the carpets in the hallways is very torn and stained. It's just not what you would expect from a Waldorf Astoria. That being said, the views are still amazing and it is a very nice place to vacation. The hotel restaurants are way overpriced but there are plenty of great restaurants nearby that you can go to for dinner. The other major change is that they have closed the casino and turned it into a game room so it is a much more family oriented resort.
My other complaint is the parking situation. To self park it is $15 a day. I think it should be free based on the size of the resort and you should be able to just swipe your room key to enter the lot. However you have to get a ticket and then every time you want to leave, you have to go to the parking desk and get it validated. It is a real pain. Overall our stay was fine but I don't think we would return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo