I have stayed in literally hundreds of different hotel rooms across many hotel chains. By far I prefer the Hilton group as their properties are generally well kept, good amenities and value for my $. I was really excited to stay at this resort as the Waldorf hotels are supposed to be cream of the crop. Well I this case, that cream has turned sour and moldy.
I agree with Manu of the others this resort has a couple things going for it.
1. The staff is great and most are eager to give you any help they can.
2. The views are amazing, especially if you get a ocean view room.
That is about it for the positives.
First thing I ran into is the check in. As I mentioned earlier I stay at a lot of Hilton properties so I was able to check in using the Hilton honors desk. I give the manager my name and he pulls up the reservation. My reservation is supposed to come with a guaranteed ocean view upgrade but I am informed that they do to have any available. I asked if they could fix the problem later in the week as this trip was for our wedding anniversary and he told me no the hotel was completely booked. I also asked him what would be done as I paid extra to get into the ocean view room that he does not have available. He tells me he will look into a 70ish motel 6 theme. We get up to the room and by gosh the room matches the hall ways. Faded, ripped, mildew carpets, old vinyl couch, dated tile bathroom complete with a broken shower head. Called that into maintenance but a week later we are leaving and I hill billy fixed it with a wash rag. At least with he wash rag in place it does not spray water out everywhere.
We tried to eat at a few Restraunts but we did not care for the food especially the high prices. After a couple bad experiences we ate exclusively at off property. The food in the area is amazing and not to be missed.
Overall I would suggest coming to the area but check out some of the less expensive accommodations and I think you would be much happier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo