7,765 results
All reviewsprivate islandpalomino islandwater parkla marinapuerto ricomarina areachopssplash barferry ridehorseback ridingcable carrented a carwater shoeswalk in closetcafe caribeocean viewlas casitas
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I thought the hotel was very nice but its extremely overrated the prices were crazy $50 just for burgers and fries $100 just to get to airport and that's one way... The resort is so far away from everything you can't even enjoy the island of PR. The waterpark is overrated they charge you just to use it and it only has 3 rides but you can go after 4pm and pay only $5 verses the $25. The views were amazing but that was about it! Also with the resort being so secluded they don't Have much to do you can't even be on the beach after 5pm because there is no beach!!! only at the private island Save you're money extremely overrated.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Rclemons21
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This property has the potential to be so much more. Although there is no direct beach access it is a great view. Unfortunately, the property is run down with bad cosmetic updates. The addition of mostly poor service make for an undesirable experience.
We checked in very late due to a delayed flight. The desk staff was aloof, cold and seems to always be short staffed or on the phone.
Once we made it too our room we were overwhelmed with a horrible smell. We realized the shower curtain reeked of mold. We removed it and placed it outside in the hall and called the desk to advise them. Exhausted we were ready to fall into bed but found stained sheets. It was so late we decided to sleep on top of the sheets with the extra blanket from the closet. Disgustingly, the blanked also smelled of mildew. The lamp switch was broken, window curtains had holes in them and the sink stopper didn't work. Needless to say the first night was a bit restless as I was grossed out by the whole mildew experience. When I called to request a new blanket I was asked it I wanted my room to be deep cleaned tomorrow. I inquired as to what this involved because my husband had some sensitivity to cleaning product smells I was told "I don't know. You can call housekeeping in the morning." Wow, thanks for your help!
So the next morning we went to the surly front desk to make sure we were going to get a new shower curtain."Oh yes, they will go do it now." So while we ate lunch at the breakfast buffet that was swarming with kids and took 20 minutes to have an omlet we expected our room to be cleaned and get a shower curtain. Nope.
Called again, while we went to the gym. Hurray! came back from the gym and we had a shower curtain but, that smell was back! new shower curtain reeked as well. Took it down and walked it to the front desk. I had been very polite and nice and it wasn't getting us anywhere so I greeted the front desk with the smelly shower curtain and was asked if I wanted to speak to the housekeeping supervisor. "Well, I think I need to talk with him to get this fixed.". Surprsingly, the housekeeping supervisor was the first decent customer service we had encountered. He met me at the room with a new shower curtain. He adjusted the air and said he wanted to have the room re-cleaned because it felt musty.
The room was much better after that but there is nothing about these rooms that are luxurious. They have attempted a cosmetic update but the work is messy. New tile laid down on top of old tile with grout stains along the walls, crooked switch plates, old tubs and shower faucets with calcification build up, cottage cheese ceilings. I have been in much nicer Hampton Inn's.
The food here was mediocre at best and the pool bars are slow to service and over priced.
One of the service kickers was we got a call two days in a row to see if our floor lamp had been fixed, which it had not. After the second call I get a knock on the door. The gentleman standing there says nothing, doesn't introduce himself or ask if he can enter but just barges into my room. Thank goodness my husband was dressed. He then says "you got a broken lamp?". To which I say it functions but the switch is broken. He goes back out to the hall and brings in a new lamp, takes the old one and then leaves. I just don't understand how any hotel wouldn't train the staff to have better manners when interacting with customers.
This property is obviously trying to cater to families with a water park and changing the casino into a family fun zone. I could see coming here with kids as there is a lot to keep them entertained if you could deal with the poor service and rooms and it was better priced.
Warning if you are at all prone to motion sickness the ferry ride to the island can be very bumpy. It is also over 45 minutes (mostly decent roads) to get from the San Jaun airport to El Conquistador.
I hope Waldorf Asoria will consider putting some money into this resort and updating the rooms and training the staff. So sad, It has so much potential.

Room Tip: If your room is at the marina you will have to ride the funicular to get to the main restaurants, shops and lobby. This is a big property and if you have trouble walking this probably isn't the place for you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelsnobmom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

would not recommend this to people trying to get away with loved one. Location is so pretty but hotel is old and worn and service was poor. The people were good but seemed understaffed at front desk and bars.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed for two nights at the Marina facility at this massive property. The hotel grounds are beautiful and the scenery is stunning. The beach on their private island is also spectacular.

On the downside, the rooms were nothing special and need updating. Also, due to a hotel error, I was locked out of my room for a 1/2 hour on one evening, and the front desk responsiveness was disappointing.

Overall, a mixed experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The resport is really run down and the rooms are filthy. When we got to our room we were in shock to see the poor condition. So we went back to the check-in desk to see what could be done about the room. The solution was to offer us another room that was in worse condition than the first. We finally decided to stay in the third room they offered because we were just tired of running around the resort looking for a room. This room had four hairs in the tub, two were still there when we checked out five days later. My wife wanted to take advantage of the spa deal and was exactly one minute late and was told "so sorry" special ended at 3:00. Food is over priced and bland. It seemed everything was broken including movie kiosk and hot tub. We heard the people next door to us all day and all night. Finally shoved a towel under the door to attempt to muffle the sound of the coughing kid. The a/c never shut off but it never got cool in the room. Pillows and beds are not comfortable at all. We both were sick with allergies when we checked out...prob due to the mold in the bathroom. The only recommendation would be for families with young children...even that would be a far reach. Bring your own bleach wipes and pillows. Plus check your bill as they tried to add some extra charges to ours. Another quick note...don't let your electronic out of your site...a family had a bag swiped and they were told "so sorry". Waldorf Astoria needs to take their name off this resort!

• Stayed: April 2013