We love to travel and try new places and this year it was Puerto Rico for spring break. We really liked El Conquistador overall. When we arrived on Easter Sunday we did feel as though we were overrun by families with young children which we had not anticipated nor did we desire. The resort is quite large and has a wide variety of activities, pools, restaurants, etc. We enjoyed going to Palomino Island and my son and husband went scuba diving two days.
The resort itself seemed 'dated' and worn in some areas as in the building in which we were staying. I think we would stay in Las Casitas next time or in another of their many buildings; this time we were in building #4. We did expect more upscale amenities from a resort attached to the Waldorf Astoria name.
We felt that having a rental car was important and cost as much as getting shuttle service to/from the airport. It took us one hour to drive from San Juan to Fajardo. We also used the rental to tour Old San Juan and to go off the resort for dinner at La Pasion.
We were hesitant to stay outside of the San Juan area but are glad that we did as overall it was very relaxing and enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo