We stayed over spring break at the El Con and had a terrific time. We came with the expectation that it would be a relaxing family vacation, but did not expect to be pampered. W also rented a car and ate most meals out or in the room, so I cannot comment too much on the hotel food, other than one lunch at Ballyhoo and lunches on Palimino island.
When we were there my daughter ran into 3 friends from her school, which may sounds like a terrible thing, but ended up being the best thing ever. The kids had a terrific time and the parents got family time and the opportunity to relax with happy kids.
W stayed in the Marina section on the second floor that looked over the dock and Ballyhoo. The back of the room was actually very close to where the funicular stop, when getting off on the opposite side of the crowd. We didn't hear any funicular noises and it was really convenient. The room was nice with a large balcony. Downsides were that everything was a little moist, though this is what happens when you are 20 feet from the water. Also, there isn't a pool on the marina level. However, the middle level pool we often had to ourselves or with just one or two other families. The pools are open 24/7 and the kids would meet after dinner and play pool volleyball, having the whole pool to themselves. The water park is $5 after 4 which is a good deal when there are three water slides. That said, we spent one full day at the watermark and had a good relaxing time. The water is really warm at he water park which meant my son could spend hours in the lazy river.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo