El Conquistador Resort was the selected location for our company's Award of Excellence gathering in mid-April. I cannot imagine a more ideal spot for an award-winning getaway!
My guest and I shared a beautiful room overlooking the marina, which made it an ideal location for a quick excursion to Palomino Island, the resort's exclusive property. A white, well-groomed, sandy beach; beautiful wildlife; stunning flora; and, excellent customer service greeted us on the island, along with opportunities for horseback riding; hiking; jet skiing; and, more than I can remember. Families with children wandered freely on the island, too, enjoying the safety and security of the beach.
On the main resort property we found excellent dining, bargain shopping, opportunities for organized tours, fabulous entertainment and a small casino frequented by resort guests and local residents. And needless to say, there were pools, pools, pools and more pools... each one more refreshing than the next.
Was there a bad experience during the week? Well, beside the need to depart - which was more sad than bad - I had an unfortunate experience in the grill next to the marina, for which the resort management more than compensated me. Slow service was the problem, which caused me to miss the departure time for my planned afternoon group activity.
When I returned to my room, intending to rest and do some shopping instead, I decided to alert the front desk - careful not to make a huge fuss - so that this incident could become a positive, teachable experience for the grill employees. Within 10 minutes, the hotel manager-on-duty called to get the details, and he promised to compensate me for the event. Within another 10 minutes, the manager called to advise me that the hotel had made arrangements with Golden Door Spa for a 25-minute massage at my choice of timeframes that afternoon. It was an unexpected treat, and I would gladly re-visit the Golden Door Spa at any location.
The highest compliment that I can offer is the fact that my guest and I are already discussing a return to El Conquistador Resort next year, even though we will be paying for the trip...not our company. It will be worth every dollar!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning oceanfront resort perched atop a cliff, overlooking Caribbean Sea on one side & Atlantic Ocean on the other. Check out the dramatic views, the private island, relaxing spa golf course or the water park - it's all part of this Caribbean paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct and Hotels.com so you can book your El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Conquistador Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel Fajardo
- Waldorf Astoria Fajardo
- El Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- Conquistador Hotel Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Puerto Rico
- El Conquistador Resort, A Waldorf Astoria Resort Puerto Rico/Fajardo