Suenos del Mar(Fajardo)(Great Value!)
$130
$111
$140
  • Pool
Luquillo Sunrise Beach Inn(Luquillo)(Great Value!)
$117
$111
$224
$212
Priceline
  • Pool
The Tarpon's Nest Lodge(Loiza)(Great Value!)
$145
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
$201
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)(Great Value!)
$153
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
7,761 results
All reviewsprivate islandpalomino islandwater parkla marinapuerto ricomarina areachopssplash barferry ridehorseback ridingcable carrented a carwater shoeswalk in closetcafe caribeocean viewlas casitas
Reviewed January 12, 2013

You cannot feel more at paradise than when you visit El Conquistador in Fajardo PR.
I stayed at "Las Casitas", the villas at the resort. Each room was spacious, laid out well with tropical decor. The ocean view was simply breath taking. Las Casitas has a private area for swimming, it was not crowded and surrounded by the ocean. The resort is located along a cliff that views the ocean. The resort owns a private island which guests can take an elevator (down the cliff) to a boat that is a 15 minute ride to the island. Nothing spectacular here…horse riding, swimming, cafe…relaxation. The golf course is nice, I am not the biggest fan so really cannot say.
This is a place you stay when you want to enjoy the sun and just relax. Fajardo is not close to the city life of El Viejo San Juan so if you are looking for that type of atmosphere, this is really not the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Good venue for a conference, yet traveling to get there was not easy.
Turned this trip into a long weekend with my husband after the conference.
Very enjoyable stay. Beautiful area and the coquis (tree frogs) lull you to sleep at night.
Several places to eat at the resort, lunches & dinners delicious, could use better breakfast options with improved breakfast cuisine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This hotel was taken over by Hilton a couple of years ago. It is very expansive and takes a while to soak in everything there is to do. The catamaran over to their private island was the best!! There are a lot of fun activities on the island, or you can just completely relax. Our family rented a small sailboat catamaran twice. All four of us sailed it (son-9yrs, daughter 7)and love it! We sailed over to a tiny island right aside of us. My daughter and I got out and ran around that island in a couple of minutes. She found a washed up sea sponge which she took home to show her class. Once back on the private island, I took a walk up to the top mtn. of the island and enjoyed the views from there. Our family stayed in the marina rooms which were very nice and looked right over the marina. We could see when the motorized catamarans came in to pick up those wanting to go over to the private island beach (there is no beach on the coast of this hotel, so the private island is it).
New Year's Eve we enjoyed the poolside 80's band and then saw an awesome fireworks show from our room balcony!! New year's day on our way to the beach island, my son spotted a rainbow and on a walk, my daughter found a recently felled coconut which my husband cracked open. We drank the milk and ate the flesh YUM!! These are just a few special memories of the trip. The second last day, a group of children introduced our children to the hotel's scout about program. Children (and adults:)) follow a map to find factual information kiosks around the hotel and on the island. They can read about the fact and then help themselves to a colorful bracelet. The 10 or so colorful bracelets can then be traded in for a prize bracelet if they want...
Our children really loved this!!
My husband referred to the hotel as a cruise ship on land b/c it was so big and a lot to do, although it never seemed too crowded. It did not get the best rating b/c there are still some areas that need refreshing make-overs. I think it's a great Family place and resort to bring groups of friends with children. It is not a resort my husband and I would go to by ourselves for a getaway.
Enjoy!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank beverlymlj
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I were part of a group of approximately 200 people staying at the resort. We were spread all over the facility and all had different rooms, views and experiences. The service and food were exceptional in all cases but the consensus of the rooms were marginal to exceptional. We had a very basic room in building 4 it had a wonderful view of the pool, marina and islands. No balcony, no coffee pot and not very clean (bits of trash or paper under and behind everything). The food at all restaurants and evening events was delicious exceeding expectations, pricing is high so discount travelers beware. If you have the opportunity to preview your room there are many types to choose from so stay in the one that best suits your expectations. The spa experience was terrific as was the golf and the beach must be one of the regions best.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here over the new year's holiday. It is a huge property surrounded by golf course and of course water. No beach right by the hotel. You have to take the fery over to palomino island for that, but it is really easy, and the beach there is great.
Our rooms were large with tile floors that looked new and really comfortable beds, balcony, huge closets and bathroom. Very nice. The rooms we had seemed recently redone.
Food is very expensive, but mostly good. We ate at the Bella vista outdoor pizza place (excellent), Blossums ( pretty good overpriced oriental food), stingray (nice seafood, appropriately priced for amount and quality), and the Italian restaurant which was probably the best of all but very cold temp wise and expensive. Actually the public areas of the hotel were way over air conditioned, so much so that it was very uncomfortable. We would have spent more time at the bars and game room (and thus more money) had they not been so uncomfortably cold.
The cafe caribe looked terrible. Not very clean and did not fit with the rest of the resort. We did not eat there.
Food at the outdoor restaurant on palomino island was just ok, drinks were ridiculously expensive $3 for a watered down fountain coke in a 12 oz cup.
Spa was outstanding and really worth the prices. The masseuse was very knowledgeable and thorough. I highly recommend.

All staff we encountered were helpful and nice. I recommend just using the hotel valet for parking. It is only a few dollars more than self park (which should be free IMO, but isn't--who is going to park there besides hotel guests. It isn't like the place is in the middle of town). Too much hassle to have to park your own car and have to walk up the hill every time.

Fireworks on new year were outstanding, some of the best I have seen anywhere.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family