Suenos del Mar(Fajardo)(Great Value!)
$130
$111
$140
  • Pool
$224
$212
Priceline
  • Pool
The Tarpon's Nest Lodge(Loiza)(Great Value!)
$145
Hacienda Tamarindo(Isla de Vieques)
$201
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
$153
  • Breakfast included
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
7,763 results
All reviewsprivate islandpalomino islandwater parkla marinapuerto ricomarina areachopssplash barferry ridehorseback ridingcable carrented a carwater shoeswalk in closetcafe caribeocean viewlas casitas
Reviewed January 23, 2008

Having stayed at the El Con last year for a convention I was interested in seeing how the renovations had come along when I found out the same convention would be returning this year. I was very impressed. I was in one of the renovated Las Brisas ocean view rooms. Very clean, crisp, bright and modern. The bed was very comfortable and the room as a whole was spacious. No problems at all with anything electrical or water pressure. I arrived back to my room each night to a turned down bed, chocolates on the pillow, and the radio playing. I had a perfect view of the ocean and could hear the singing tree frogs at night.
The new convention area of the hotel is beautiful and there are plenty of different sized rooms for use for whatever size group might attend. The staff was very helpful and attentive during the entire stay. Check in was smooth and quick. Eva was very pleasant and courteous. All of the staff that I encountered said hello and were willing to help.
I tried Stingray Cafe this year. The sea bass was excellent and the waitress was willing to substitute items if asked. The restaurant was busy, but I did not feel rushed and the atmosphere was very nice. There are new stores in the hotel and a Starbucks. I think the hotel is definitely getting better.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Manatee
Reviewed January 21, 2008

We held our wedding at the El Conquistador on 12/8/07. We had 30 guests stay at the resort between 12/5 – 12/9. Everyone loved it. The resort is about 45 minutes away from San Juan Airport, and about an hour from Old San Juan. This was our second time back at the resort. Our first visit was in December 2006 to check out the resort before we booked our wedding there. We fell in love with the place once we saw it. The views are amazing.

My husband and immediate family members had rooms in the Las Brisas wing. We all had newly renovated rooms with ocean views. The rooms had white furniture and colorful linens. We had a good size balcony that had two chairs and table. The bathroom had a step down tub, and double sinks. There is a nice dressing room area. Stepping into the room, you are instantly relaxed due to the décor. There is also an iPod docking station which was very convenient. Most of the other guests stayed at the Las Olas wing which is further down the cliffside. These rooms were also ocean view with balconies and newly renovated.

The drawback in having your room in Las Olas was that you had to take the Funicular (hotel’s tram car – which takes you up and down the cliff). The Funicular is slow and takes about 15 minutes to get back to the main level from the Las Olas wing.

The resort has quite a few pools, great golf course, and various activities. This was important to us, as we wanted guests to have something to do since we were far from Old San Juan. The hotel’s private island – Palomino Island was gorgeous. The island is for hotel guests only. The trip takes about 15 minutes via the ferry on the Marina level. There is a small restaurant and bar at the beach. There are water activities, a volleyball court, basketball court, and mini golf. Additional fees are needed for the water activities.

The casino at the resort is small. I would avoid it. But there is a cool bar and pool table area located inside the casino. They also have a free internet lounge which was convenient.

Food at the resort is expensive. If you choose to rent a car, which we did, we drove out to some local places for dinner. For our rehearsal dinner we ate at Calizo Seafood Restaurant. The food was great, and only about 5 minutes by car from the resort. You can also ask the hotel concierge for recommendations outside of the resort as they have a list with all different price ranges. The restaurants at the resort were good too. I would recommend trying Blossoms and doing the Tappan yaki grill.

The resort is adding a water park which is to be ready early in 2008. Las Vista is the last wing to be renovated. I’m told that all rooms except Las Casitas would be all renovated by early 2008.

The staff at the resort was friendly and great, especially our banquet manager who handled our wedding. It was a terrific weekend. All our guests were raving about the resort and wedding. This is a resort to come to for a relaxing vacation. El Conquistador will be a place that we would be coming back often.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank twinklec28
Reviewed January 20, 2008

I stayed at El Conquistador early this year. First, the service was great. All of the staff members were very helpful. In particular, Marisol Bosque setup my reservation and I could not have been more pleased with her service and her ability to accommodate me in short notice. If anyone is looking to book a vacation with a group they should definitely ask for her. I will absolutely stay at this hotel every time I visit PR. The rooms were spacious and had great views. In addition to Marisol, Diana Cortes was very helpful during my checkout process. The Spa was by far the best that I have ever been to. I could not get enough of the spa treatment. Overall, I had a great time. Thanks for the experience.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank peporican
Reviewed January 17, 2008

If you were to be blindfolded and dropped off at this place the only thing you would know is that you were on an island somewhere.
My husband and I are not golfers and the prettiest part of the hotel IS the golf course.
We stayed in Las Vistas wing in which you were awakened to what seemed like a jack-hammering noise probably due to old water pipes. The elevators were broken since the day we arrived and we were on the fifth floor.
There was no tropical atmosphere in your room whatsoever.
The food was beyond below expectations. Again, being in Puerto Rico a person would expect to have some kind of local foods to sample. If we would have eaten at IHop the food would have been better. We attended a semi-formal event in which we were served hockey-pucks.
Thankfully we were there on a business reward otherwise my review would prabably be worse. I feel bad for the fact that our company had to dish out money to this place where we could have had more fun in South Florida.
The only good point is that the staff is friendly. The worst part of the whole place was the fact that if you wanted to go to San Juan or elsewhere, which YOU wanted to, it was an hour and a half out. We spent half a day on sitting on buses.
There are plenty of hotels within three miles of the airport which are cheaper and better worth your time.
It is truly false advertising for them to state they are a luxury hotel. Whoever owns this hotel is truly milking it for the business events. Two stars at best. This is the type of hotel which makes you not want to returnt to Puerto Rico.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank amasmom
Reviewed January 9, 2008

I am a (25) Year old reviewer and am very blessed/fortunate to have stayed at many caribbean resorts from punta cana and aruba to st johns/thomas, nieves, barbados, turks caicos, cancun and jamaica..I ONLY say this because i have a fairly good grasp on caribbean travelling..So anyways I stayed with my girlfriend in a las casitas guestroom and the room was great and the grounds are very lush and well maintained like a private golf course...The actual golf course was great but very hot, geez was it hot during my stay, bring sunblock. I played as a single golfer and saw monkeys and mammoth iguana on nearly every hole, very cool...So about the resort you know food expensive and service may or may not be sub par, this happens on any resort and this one is huge so get over it.....Palomino island is great for lounging and i mean special/great awesome place/ but def not snorkeling like st john/barbados..I dont snorkel so i always brought my gap wedge and chipped on their chipping/putting surface on Palomino very cool, when i wasnt swimming .Basically for new insight that other reviewers havnt touched on if you want great nightlife go to Cancun, Cabo or Aruba....If you want the best of the best ever go to Sandy Lane Barbados or 4 Seasons Nieves/St Kitts but beside these aforementioned destinations this can not be beat.....I would never stay at a San Juan resort or dominican republic after going here. The Cove at Atlantis is cool but this place is better than that in some ways...BTW Strip House is very good like NYC good and we also went off site at the marina entrance and at local food while drinking beer we bought at convenience store..you can walk wherever you please while drinking from golf to the pool to the island and restaurants...Tip: go offsite and eat where the locals are its funny...TIP: Also i bought couple hundred dollars of tequila/gin at the duty free shop in the san juan airport for dirt cheap and than had top shelf liquor on heavy ice waiting for my signif other and I whenever we wanted TIP: Also for the $65 you pay for the shuttle I filled a duffle bag with about 25 bottles of spring water and had bottles of water on heavy ice during our entire trip for free....

Stayed: January 2008