7,765 results
All reviewsprivate islandpalomino islandwater parkla marinapuerto ricomarina areachopssplash barferry ridehorseback ridingcable carrented a carwater shoeswalk in closetcafe caribeocean viewlas casitas
Reviewed April 13, 2011

We spent a week here with our 2 sons, 5 and 3. We had a great time.
The service was spectacular. The views are amazing. The pools are spacious and very kid-friendly. The water park is a great addition as well. Go for the half-day @ 1:30.
Advice for families. When dining, portions are large, kids can share.
Great place for causal dining is Ballyhoo's Bar and Grill at the Marina!.
Mojitos and Margartias at the Main pool are potent!

Room Tip: Ocean View!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Buffal09
Reviewed April 13, 2011

The best part of this property is certainly the sweeping ocean views that the cliff-top setting provide. I would recommend paying the premium for an oceanfront or oceanview room as they are fantastic. We spent lots of time in the morning and evenings having coffee or a cocktail and really enjoyed the view and ocean breeze. While this was a romantic trip for us, this resort is very family-friendly with lots of kids activiites, pools, evening movies pool-side, and the water park. Kids (and adults!) will also enjoy the funicular ride to the marina and the catamarn ride to the beach on the private Palomino Island. The beach on the island is fantastic. Gorgeous water and plenty of space on the beach to relax. I would recommend you skip the pools and spend your entire time on the island which feels like a slice of paradise. The food on the resort was good but not great for the prices charged. The best bargain for the price on the property is the burger at the steakhouse. If you are cost conscious I would definitely recommend stocking up on snacks, sodas and water off the resort. There are a few local places for food that are a short walk from the marina which were very good and reasonably priced for very fresh fish. This resort's setting can't be beat - but a rental car is a must for at least one day to explore the rain forest or Old San Juan. Carla at the Enterprise desk on the property was amazing and extremely helpful - offering us rides to the ferry (to Culebra - which is also a must-do) and back. Diana and the rest of the guys at the beach bar were fantastic and lots of fun. Generally speaking the service was excellent on the resort - we were constantly greeted and warmly welcomed. The one exception was at the check-in desk which actually tried to convince us that we would not be allowed to carry anything on to the island that we couldn't carry in our hands and that we should apply sunscreen before we left - and of course anything we needed during the day could be bought at the island shop. Complete nonsense of course, you can bring anything you like with you on the catamaran to the island, but definitely left a bad taste in our mouth. The rooms were recently renovated and very clean, with low-profile furniture to not obstruct the views. The only odd aspect of the rooms were that the closets are in the bathroom.
Overall this was a wonderful resort with such a unique location! If you prefer early morning or late night strolls on the beach - you won't have access as the catamarans don't run all day - but this was not a problem for us and the island is well worth the inconvenience. Enjoy your stay, the beach and the views!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoveTaxidia
Reviewed April 12, 2011

My company treated me and my wife to 4 days in St. Thomas, after which we took the short flight to Puerto Rico to stay at this resort. Let me first say that as an avid business traveler I was able to get the room for free, so maybe that does help with my review, but this resort was awesome.

This place has it all in my eyes. 4 different pools to choose from, and 4 hot tubs as well. During our stay they said they were busy, but at no point did we think it was even crowded.

The private beach was sensational. Sure you have to take a boat over there, but once you get their you won't want to leave. It is great. So many activities to do. They have all of your basic beach things, jet ski's, kayaks, wind surfing. They can all be rented. But what I was impressed with was the other things on this island. you get beach chairs for no charge, and they have hiking, soccer, baskeball, croquet, mini-golf, pretty much everything you would want to keep your kids entertained. And the water was just perfect. Very small waves, meaning you can keep your children out there without the worry of the current or undertoe. It was like a huge infinity pool.

We didn't use the water park, but it looked really cool.

The food onsite was good. I have read a lot about high prices, but the prices were slightly less than what we paid in St. Thomas and was just as good if not better. I understand people complaining about the prices, but I am not sure what people expect. Remember, you are going to one of the top luxury resorts in the caribbean, you have to pay a premium for some things.

To get away from the resort food, you can take a short 5-10 minute walk down a side road to a little area where they start the bio-bay tours. Take the kayak tour if possible. And their are quite a few restaurants down there as well.

We went with just myself and my wife, but are already making plans to take our 3 children, ages 5, 3, and 11 months. This place has everything you need at a resort. I found it absolutely perfect for a trip with just my wife, but think it will be the perfect vacation with my children.

Lastly, the room we had was great. We stayed at La Marina, and it was a very nice modern room. I can't speak for the other rooms.

I have no idea if you can respond or if you can ask questions, but if you have any please feel free to reach out.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bjk1025
Reviewed April 10, 2011

The resort was much much better than reviews here led me to believe. Beautiful setting, gardens, beach, etc.. Food was not so great but the breakfast buffet was the best.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I reconfirmed my two connecting rooms two days before the trip only to arrive and find out they were not available. It took more than 30 min at check in to straighten that out. No apology and we get the farthest rooms from any activity. We found either hotel employees were friendly and professional or took forever to get anything done and seemed not to care. At the bar you would either get your drink right away or wait 30 min. The beach is not located at the hotel but on a nearby island It is a=a hike -- our rooms were at the far end of the resort so a 15 min walk, elevator ride down the hill to the funicular then a ferry ride so don't forget anything or it is a hike back! THe last night we ordered room service for the kids and went to La Piccola Fontana restaurant at the resort -- we waited 30 min and could not order. I called the waiter over and he said we have to wait to order with the captain Desiree. I said we have children waiting could she please come over we waited a total of 45 min and she never came. We had already ordered our wine so had to wait for the check another ten minutes and then went back and ordered room service which was quite good and served from professionally. Strip House restaurant was very good great food and service. Bio Bay was fun. Not worth the money! Very uneven service.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the funicular
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family