“Sssshhhhhh! Best kept secret in PR!”

Salty Dog Catamaran
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Looking for an adventure? Salty Dog Catamaran offers a beautiful sailing experience to one of Puerto Rico’s best kept secret white sand beaches. Soak up the sun while you snorkel in the crystal clear ocean waters of the Caribbean. Enjoy a great lunch buffet including rum punch, painkillers and soft drinks.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sssshhhhhh! Best kept secret in PR!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We saw other catamarans that were bristling with people, completely over-crowded but we were comfortable and relaxed. The crew was exceedingly polite and continually offered drinks, snacks, and cookies. They were able to communicate the rules in a friendly and humorous way, and were very professional. The snorkeling was fantastic! They stake out beautiful spots where the marine life is abundant. If you're concerned about renting snorkeling gear that someone else has already used, you can take comfort that I noticed one of the crew doing an excellent job of really scrubbing down the gear with anti-bacterial soap. One point to make though, is that they're not snorkeling instructors, you're pretty much left on your own, so if you're a novice you will want to consider that. As an experienced diver, I enjoyed not bring coddled or having had to endure a lecture on how to snorkel. Awesome experience! BOOK IT!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank JamesTDoe

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great day on the water!”
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Well run, great crew. We went based on the recommendation of our hotel concierge, and were not disappointed. Great drinks, good lunch, and we did not feel rushed. Able to spend time on beach and on reefs. Recommend!

1 Thank John B
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Couldn't Be Happier”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were a group of four girls including me and had a blast on the Salty Dog. It was worth every penny of the $80 we spent on it. I was the more cautious one between the group of four and wasn't too sure about using this company because it was not one of the companies that the hotel recommended that we stayed at. We ended up going with Salty Dreams because all the places that hotel wanted us to go with were already booked. But because of the other girls I ended up using them and wasn't disappointed at all. They all leave from the same docking station. They had plenty of food and drinks, since I don't eat meat (besides chicken) i made my self a veggie sandwich for lunch but there was plenty of fruits as well. The staff was really nice and friendly. I even lost one of the snorkeling things in the ocean and one of the guys on the staff just jumped into the ocean and got it back. The one major thing I liked was that there weren't too many people on the boat and wasn't packed like the other boats of the competitors. This was my first time actually snorkeling in the ocean and I couldn't of asked for a better experience.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank CityGirl2008
nwlou
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fun day on the water.”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I took a trip with my wife and two young adult daughters on the Salty Dog for some snorkeling and had a great time.

The crew was outstanding, attentive and spoke English with no problem. We were offered a rum drink right away and often during the trip. Also a nice lunch is offered about mid trip after your first island stop. It had a selection of cold cut meats, cheese,fruit and stuff. It was a tasty treat after you have been in the water for a while.

We hit two snorkeling spots. The first is a shallow reef the help get used to the water and gear and the second is in deeper water about 15 feet over a reef. The crew offer's and encourage the use of a flotation belt that will keep you safe and make it easier to float above the water.

Oh did I say you will see lots of fish.? You will.

On the ride back we had some music and a little dancing going on.

Fun Times. Can't wait to go back and do it again.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank nwlou
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great.... sunday family and friends getaway!:-)”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great experience... My little girls ages 7 n 6 years old loved it! The crew working there were the best ever... that I have experienced in PR. Very attentive and kind. I Recommend it and give them an A+.

1 Thank Gengia