“MO ..MO...MO ...MOFONGO”

Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kitchen opens Thursday -Monday at 5pm. Restaurant closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Contemporary Puerto Rican and BBQ fare all cooked over natural charcoal on an outdoor grill. Ingredients locally grown or caught. Outdoor seating and indoor dining room available.
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I have to say that the highlight of my recent trip to Puerto Rico was eating at La Estacion. My group ate at the resort the first night, but every night after that we ate at La Estacion. The meals were brillantly prepared with the island in mind. They know who they are and where they come from. There is an excellent blend of true Puerto Rico and the Nuyorican flair. We were made to feel so at home that we ate there a total of 5 nights. The Mofongo is the best i have ever had, but the key is the preperation of all the meats...grilled to perfection. I salivate at the thought of going back and sitting on the deck , laid back in a lounge cair.....and drinking a specialty drink. Cheers to La estacion for making my vacation one to remember.

There are newer reviews for La Estacion

Reviewed August 25, 2009

Today is August 24, and I found this place by accident. The food was outstanding - The "Newyorican Hotdog" as an appetizer was unbelievable - certainly caught me off guard. My wife had the fish special that was so tasty, and the combo churrasco and chicken meal was very nicely done. All meats and fish are cooked over charcoal flame. I would say that this place is worth more than one visit during a vacation.

Reviewed August 12, 2009

Went to La Estacion based on the reviews from Trip Advisor and I was not dissapointed. The food was FABULOUS, the atmoshere was wonderful. It was the best meal we had while in PR. We had mango margaritas, mofongo, fresh grilled captain fish and a tasty apple turnover for dessert.
The owner roams the restaurant ensuring her guests are enjoying their meal and the wait staff was excellent.

Reviewed August 8, 2009

I live in Puerto Rico and like to explore my island and various hotels/restaurants. I stayed at the El Conquistador hotel this week. It is an awesome hotel but the restaurants are very expensive. I had dinner at La Estacion 2 nights and the food was better than what I had at El Conquistador and was less than half the price of similar dishes at the hotel. La Estacion is about 2 minutes from the entrance to the hotel main gate (when exiting the main gate take a right turn and La Estacion is a minute or two down the road on the left). Recommend the pork ribs and potato salad. Everything is fresh right from the smoker. Tip - Don't feed the cats or they will be your friends all evening. Enjoy!

Reviewed July 30, 2009

I love the laid back feeling, the torches lighting the night, the salsa music and dancing space, the varied places to sit and the different ways of experiencing it all... The food is always a surprise, very creative. It's perfect for people looking for something authentic, local, tropical and unforgettable. The service can be a little bit off sometimes, so if you are impatient or picky about the way you are attended at a restaurant, be cautioned. For the rest of us who are ok with waiting or having to personally go and ask for things, La Estacion is paradise.