“Funky place with excellent food”
Review of La Estacion

La Estacion
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Kitchen opens Thursday -Monday at 5pm. Restaurant closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Contemporary Puerto Rican and BBQ fare all cooked over natural charcoal on an outdoor grill. Ingredients locally grown or caught. Outdoor seating and indoor dining room available.
Reviewed August 7, 2014

If you like barbecue, you'll want to stop here while in the Fajardo area. We had to eat early to catch a bioluminescence bay kayaking outing - which was probably a good thing because I'm sure this place gets crowded. The restaurant has some funky decor, but really delicious food. The grilled snapper was wonderful and served with a green papaya salad and arepas (local fried yeast bread). The fish was just right and the salad had kind of an Asian twist thanks to the ginger in the dressing. This was my first arepas in Puerto Rico - and what a treat! We also had ribs, which were my personal favorite. They were served with grilled garlic bread and a side of potato salad - all very good with very generous serving sizes. I would make time to come here twice.

1  Thank Eluhy
There are newer reviews for La Estacion

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We decided to get away from the expensive, so-so restaurants at our resort. We saw a review and pictures of this restaurant online and made reservations. We stopped at the ATM on the way as they only accept cash. From the moment we walked in to the restaurant we were happy with our choice. The décor is cool, the restaurant is clean and the smell of the outdoor kitchen is enough to make your mouth water. I would suggest sitting outside only because of the surroundings and décor. It is a very unique restaurant with very, very good food and a friendly staff. My fiancée had the steak and I had the red snapper (which we could have shared!) My fish came with a papaya salad which was amazing, a mango salsa with avocado, and two huge fried breads. Like I said we could have shared, but glad I got to taste the steak, as well, which was perfect and tasty! We did not have enough room for dessert, but I wish we would have! This is one of our favorite restaurants now, not only in Fajardo, but anywhere!!!!

3  Thank EWheeler2014
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were staying close to the bio bay in Fajardo and drove past this location multiple times. The concept is fun, set in an old gas station and the decor reflects a mashup of Route 66 and the Carribean.

The food was consistently good for all four of us. These folks know how to use a smoker and a grill. My 18-year-old son had the ribs and considered it a "quest" to finish them. He failed. The portions were enormous.

Like most places on the island, the service is a little slow, but very friendly, from the hostess to our server. The prices were on the high end, but were warranted given the quality of the food compared to the rest of Fajardo area. The high rankings of this spot are warranted.

Make sure and make reservations and give yourself enough time to find parking. There's not a lot of space.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Let me say that this restaurant has a very cool decor, good drinks and friendly staff. The food options are countless. I will return many times to try different option on the menu.

1  Thank Victor B
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a great meal here, great service, really good drinks, lots of fun. Kids enjoyed it too. We had BBQ, pinchos, and mojitos.

1  Thank Matt J