“I would have eaten here every night if I could have”
Review of La Estacion

La Estacion
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Barbecue, Spanish, Puerto Rican, International, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Kitchen opens Thursday -Monday at 5pm. Restaurant closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Contemporary Puerto Rican and BBQ fare all cooked over natural charcoal on an outdoor grill. Ingredients locally grown or caught. Outdoor seating and indoor dining room available.
Scotts, Michigan
“I would have eaten here every night if I could have”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The most disappointing thing about La Estacion is that it is an hour from San Juan. We would have eaten here again if we could have!

My mom & I ate here on our way to see the bio-luminescence with Bio Island (so so cool - do that, too!). Our meal was AMAZING. I love fish - but I've never had a whole fish before, only fillets. My whole fish was delicious and perfectly cooked. It came with a green papaya salad and yummy Puerto Rican fry bread. My mom had the mofongo (spelling?) with shrimp & fish. I had to fight to get her to give me one bite! :) We had two very fancy dinners while we were there (Marmalade & 1919). While those were both very good, we still talk about the dinner at LaEstacion and remember vividly what we had, while we just remember that the other two were good.

We sat inside, which I would recommend. But - the inside is SUPER small. No more than 10 or 12 tables. So, try and get there early so you can sit inside and not have to deal with bugs outside. There are many more seats outside, but you WILL have to deal with bugs. The hostess warned us about the bugs and I had also read that on trip advisor from other people that didn't have a great experience. (They had sat outside and didn't like the bugs.) So - know this...if you don't bring bug spray and can't sit inside, you might want to re-think your dinner location if you don't want to deal with bugs. Also - when I say BUGS - I don't mean bugs because the place is dirty, it is not at all. I mean flying bugs, mosquitos, things the restaurant can't control because you are outside!

All of the staff was nice & friendly. A really, really great find.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank allisuna

Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing Shrimp Mofongo”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Drooling just thinking about the mofongo here. Watermelon mojito was great too. My boyfriend says the steak and potato salad was great too. Nice servers and atmosphere was relaxed. We went here before we went to the bio bay. We sat inside but outside seating is available. Bathrooms were clean and well taken care of.

• Visited May 2014
Maplewood, New Jersey
“Go Off Property”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Excellent Puerto Rican food served in a friendly environment. A very busy place so reservation are suggested but the wait was not too long and made easier by local libation.

Visited April 2014
“We loved it!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

The food was fantastic. I had mofungo with shrimp and some white fish, which was delicious - I don't even like shrimp, but it was so good. My husband had a yellow snapper which was also yummy!
Most of their food comes from local farmers and fisherman. It's nice to know they go the extra mile instead of using a large food distributor. They do ask that you pay with cash if possible, because that is how they pay the locals for their products.

Visited February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Yum”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This place is right outside of Las Casitas Village, and the food is much better. Make a reservation through the hotel if you can, because this place gets really packed. The mofongo was awesome as were the spicy chicken wings. Also, it seems they buy ingredients as needed, so sometimes late in the evening, they run out of things (like lobsters).

Visited March 2014