“Best meal in Puerto Roco!”
Review of La Estacion

La Estacion
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Kitchen opens Thursday -Monday at 5pm. Restaurant closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Contemporary Puerto Rican and BBQ fare all cooked over natural charcoal on an outdoor grill. Ingredients locally grown or caught. Outdoor seating and indoor dining room available.
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Yum! I had the shrimp and lobster mofongo, to die for! Didn't make reservations, but should have, although the wait wasn't long. A PR must!

1  Thank NanceYubaCity
There are newer reviews for La Estacion

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We came back after two years and got better. Make sure you make reservations AND bring cash. Mofongo is KING Here. Great for families too.

1  Thank AddyVicens
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Food was excellent! The service was a bit poor. But the bartender was great. Great food great drinks and love the atmosphere.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

The staff at La Estacion graciously honored our reservation after the El Conquistador concierge staff botched it, despite our having booked it weeks earlier. Be sure to make a reservation though, as this place is popular, and on a busy night, you'll have to wait an hour plus to be seated without a reservation.

The "Newyoriquan BBQ" concept is great, and almost everything on the menu is grilled or smoked, but that's a good thing. The BBQ sauce used on several of the meats is out-of-this-world good, and even the grilled hunk of bread that came with our pinchos was amazing and left us wanting a whole basket of it. The churrasco mofongo was one of the best I've ever had, and my mother, despite going it what I thought was a "cop-out" with her cheeseburger, said it was one of the best she's ever had (not in PR...anywhere).

We didn't sit on the patio, and the atmosphere/decor in the small indoor section left a little bit to be desired, but the wait-staff was excellent all night, and the food was just sensational, and a welcome respite from the overpriced resort slop at El Conquistador. It's also, literally, just a few hundred feet from the El Con gates, so there's no reason not to venture over here if you're staying in Fajardo.

Can't wait to go back on our next trip to PR!

2  Thank WinterVesper
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My mouth was watering for some Mofongo with lobster, but not for $36. Its Christmas time and there are a lot of tourists here. So, I went with the BBQ rib and chicken platter coated in a very delicious homemade BBQ sauce. The food was awesome, which only left me wanting more.
Inside was beautiful, yet not over the top, which made me feel comfortable. They even had a pool table and TV with a football game on. I sat at the bar, so I didn't have to wait on a table. They had a good selection of island themed drinks; Bar Rescue would be proud.
It's a small world. The owner was a chef at Cafe Maxx, in Pompano Beach, Fl. My uncle treated me and wife to a Fabulous dinner there about 15 years ago. I wonder if he was the chef then too, since both meals were awesome.
I'm staying at a guest house across from La Estacion, so I can go again. Next, I will try their Mofongo with shrimp.

1  Thank Jenknasty