“A-mazing!”
Review of La Estacion

La Estacion
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Seafood, Barbecue, Spanish, Puerto Rican, International, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Kitchen opens Thursday -Monday at 5pm. Restaurant closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Contemporary Puerto Rican and BBQ fare all cooked over natural charcoal on an outdoor grill. Ingredients locally grown or caught. Outdoor seating and indoor dining room available.
Nashville, Tennessee
“A-mazing!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The food, service, and ambiance were all truly amazing! You must try the mofonga in Puerto Rico! My husband got the Red Snapper which had just been caught an hour beforehand. Everything was very fresh and local. It was pricier than I was expecting but it was worth it for a special vacation. This was a great stop right before our kayaking tour of Bio Bay--just a mile down the road.

Visited August 2013

Tampa
“Awesome Ambiance and Food”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Nestled off the road, we stopped here on the way to the bio-luminescent bay and I'm so glad we did. Mofongo and ribs are all amazing!

• Visited September 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the BEST meals I've ever had!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place is truly something special...My wife and I were on our honeymoon staying at Las Casitas Village nearby and I had read about this place right here on TripAdvisor. Well, it more than exceeded our expectations to say the least! It was a rainy late Saturday afternoon, so we chose to eat inside...and as the name suggests, it's actually an old gas station they converted to a small restaurant.

First off, let me echo what the other reviewers have already gushed over: the food is FRESH! I saw them bring about three live lobsters for the table near us to select from. For the appetizer, we went with a mixture of onion rings, fried okra and something else that escapes me at the moment and that was quite tasty, but nothing could prepare me for the entrée I was about to have: Mofongo Tiburon (Shark Mofongo)...Now, my wife is Dominican so I've had Mofongo before, and we just had an AMAZING Churrasco Mofongo in Old San Juan a few days prior at "El Patio de Sam" (Check it out if you get a chance)...but THIS Mofongo went above and beyond; the presentation was excellent (unlike El Patio, they serve it in the wooden bowl they make it in), and the flavors came together in a way that's just indescribable...seriously one of the best things I've ever eaten in my life; I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! Then the icing on the cake: The desert was this warm banana turnover with Vanilla icecream...heavenly doesn't do it justice...we had planned to go to the bio-luminescent bay next, but the wife and I decided to just go back to the room and crash after all that amazing food!

Look, If for whatever reason you find yourself in Fajardo, don't walk, RUN to La Estacion and get the Shark Mofongo, you won't regret it!!!

• Visited August 2013
Denver
“great start to our vacation”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Marco at Ceiba Country Inn made this recommendation to us our first night in Puerto Rico and we were delighted with it! My husband got their mofongo and I got the Red Snapper. SO GOOD! The restaurant was very nice and intimate. My husband and I were able to enjoy a quiet, romantic dinner with great service and delicious food. What a great introduction to mofongo! We found that we compared every other meal we had during our stay to this one. And, I will say that we never did find better mofongo!

• Visited February 2013
West Jordan, Utah
“Awesome BBQ food, great outdoor dining”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The food here was great. There is some really great BBQ in Puerto Rico, kind of unexpectedly in my opinion. They have some traditional Puerto Rican dishes as well as some of their own special creations. Don't miss this dining experience. All the seating is outdoor which gives the place a great ambience. Also great for families.

Visited December 2012