“fabulous dining near El Conquistador Resort”
Review of La Estacion

La Estacion
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Kitchen opens Thursday -Monday at 5pm. Restaurant closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Contemporary Puerto Rican and BBQ fare all cooked over natural charcoal on an outdoor grill. Ingredients locally grown or caught. Outdoor seating and indoor dining room available.
Gainesville, Florida
“fabulous dining near El Conquistador Resort”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We ate at La Estacion twice during our stay at El Conquistador in Fajardo. The first night, we had reservations at 5:30 and were promptly seated inside. The outdoor seating area is eclectic and looked more exciting, but we were advised that bugs are more bothersome before the sun goes down, so we ate inside.

The kids had pinchos (chicken and pork) off the appetizer menu and split an order of rice and beans. We had an appetizer special of grilled chorizo with arugula and manchego cheese (fantastic), and then had mofongo relleno for our entrees. My husband had the skirt steak mofongo, and I'm pretty sure he would have eaten a second serving if he could have. I had the lobster mofongo, and it was heavenly. My children declared that they LOVE lobster after trying a bite of mine. All of the meats were grilled (barbecued), and everything was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. Total bill, with tip, was about $100 (including drinks).

Because we loved our first experience at La Estacion, we returned around 8pm the next night, and this time, we sat outside. Since we had no reservation, we were told there would be a wait of maybe 30 minutes. We waited only about 10 and were seated. Bugs didn't bother us at all and, during our meal, we were serenaded by frogs from the surrounding greenery. The dinner again was spectacular.

If you're staying at El Conquistador or elsewhere in Fajardo, put La Estacion on your dining itinerary. Make reservations, though, so that you're guaranteed a time you want, and keep in mind that parking is VERY scarce. Parking at 5:30 was much easier than parking at 8pm.

New York City, New York
“great food and environment!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was a great roadside restaurant. The food and service was great! I liked that they used produce from local farmers and that the food was mostly prepared on the grill. Also, with the daily specials the menu offered different choices alongside the classic meals like the mofongo. I had the monfongo with the guava glazed barbecue chicken and it was one of the best monfongo dishes I have tried on the island.

If I ever visit PR again I would definitely return to this place. For those travelers on a tight budget this may be a little overpriced (comparing it to similar dishes in old San Juan). However, if you can afford it definitely go!

Miami
“Our top restaurant in all Puerto Rico”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

On our second trip to Fajardo we were happy to know this restaurant was not only there, but doing extremely well. My husband and I took our parents on our trip and they LOVED the food! My mother and I had the yucca and pana (bread fruit) mofongo with lobster. DELICIOUS!!! My father in law had the fish. He said it was the best he's had (we are from Florida ad eat a lot of fish)!

The next day we went back...that's how much we enjoyed this restaurant! We ordered other items on the menu. The BBQ ribs and hamburgers were amazing!

We stayed at Ceiba Country Inn B&B and we were happy to know that the staff there say that this place a favorite of theirs too. While in Fajardo, this is a must do for dinning!

Visited June 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Nice place... but expensive food”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The atmosfere was really good. When we arrive the waiter was really nice , we order for appetizer a chicken and pork kabbob and as drink a mojito , then we order the combination ( ribs & chicken with fried plantains). The mojito have a great taste. The food arrive and the apetizer never came, we have to ask the waiter about it , and he forgot it eventhough the place wasn't full. So we don't understand why they forget it. The ribs were only 2 of them ,a little piece of chicken breast and 3 fried plantains. The ribs andvthe chicken have a great parilla taste, but was expensive for the portion.

1 Thank CFReyes
New York City, New York
“Must try red snapper”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Best fish I've ever had. It took a while to get the dish out but it was totally worth it. And arepas were amazing.

Visited May 2013