“Great Mofongo!”

Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Kitchen opens Thursday -Monday at 5pm. Restaurant closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Contemporary Puerto Rican and BBQ fare all cooked over natural charcoal on an outdoor grill. Ingredients locally grown or caught. Outdoor seating and indoor dining room available.
Tampa, Florida
“Great Mofongo!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I agree with the description by atstpier "a charming roadside restaurant". My family of five thoroughly enjoyed it! The kids and I had Mofongo and my husband had the churrasco. I also had a coconut and frangelico drink that was to-die-for! The kids liked it so much that they are asking to go back.

Worthington, Ohio
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is a charming roadside restaurant with casual outdoor dining. The parking is very limited so go early or get a ride there. I ordered the Mahi Mahi and shrimp Mofongo, which was outstanding. My wife really enjoyed her skirt steak Mofongo. We finished it with a banana turnover with ice cream-again fantastic.

1 Thank atstpier
Isla de Vieques, Puerto Rico
“Amazing!!!!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Had a great experience and ate the most delicious churrasco in a long time! Appetizer was absolutely creative and the presentation like in fine dinning. Met Idalia, the owner, such a wonderful person, and showed me the kitchen and introduced me to the chef......The puertorrican way to host clients. Definitely I'll be back soon!!!! Gracias por una cena espectacular!!

1 Thank reviews147326
“Amazing! The best!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was amazing! There was 8 of us and every single dish, including appetizers and dessert was outstanding!!! What are the chances of that? Simply the best! The waiter was outstanding as well. I highly reccomend this restaurant! It's a must!!!!

Alexandria, Virginia
“Best food and atmosphere in Fajardo area”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We truly enjoyed this open air restaurant. The bartender was terrific both times we went, and the food was so fresh and tasty. Great Puerto Rican specialties. Not cheap but certainly not as expensive as at the hotel resorts, which were overpriced and not as fresh. We ate here twice for dinner in our 6 night stay. Favorites were the grilled mahi mahi filet (cooked just right), the shrimp skewer appetizer (pinchos), and the grilled yellow snapper with green papaya salad. Also liked their mofungo (our kids tried beef and chicken and loved them). Seafood is their specialty--chef is a transplant from New York. Just a very welcoming place all around. Parking is a pain but worth the trouble. Can bring whole family. Also has a pool table in bar area (small space but kids seemed to like it). We ate late (after 9) both times and only waited 10 min for a table.

Visited May 2013