“Fantastic!!”

Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Kitchen opens Thursday -Monday at 5pm. Restaurant closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Contemporary Puerto Rican and BBQ fare all cooked over natural charcoal on an outdoor grill. Ingredients locally grown or caught. Outdoor seating and indoor dining room available.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We ate at La Estacion as we exhausted our dining options at our hotel. I'm so glad we did. My husband had the fish of the day which was a red snapper. It was beautifully prepared, and he said it was delicious. I had the skirt steak which was accompanied with a green banana salad. Again, delicious! And dessert, but of course..my husband had the warm banana turnover that was served with vanilla ice cream. Amazing! I had the cheese flan which was delicious. We were out the door for $85, not including tip. Considering we had three alcoholic drinks, two meals, and two desserts, I thought that was reasonable for vacation dining.

Menu is very limited, but something for everyone. Loved the funky ambiance. Warm, friendly, and inviting. Service and staff were wonderful. We enjoyed it so much we made a reservation for our last night in PR. Each time we come back to this island, the food seems better and better!

There are newer reviews for La Estacion

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We went to La Estacion on our recent vacation to Puerto Rico. The restaurant is really cool, a converted gas station into a restaurant. The staff was great, the food DELICIOUS, and the drinks were good. My wife enjoyed it because she is a vegeterian and they had a huge vegetarian platter. The only issue we had was parking, it was hard to find a spot to park, but we just parked around the corner. Tip: Get the Mofongo!!!!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My Husband and step-son ate at this restaurant on 2/26/13 after reading the reviews. It was better than we could have imagined! My husband had the yellow tail snapper (whole fish) with green papaya salad. (fish special changes daily and everything is local) I had mofongo with skirt steak and my step-son had it with chicken. (if you have never tried mofongo its a must. It is delicious!!!!!) We raved about how good it was with every bite. I know someone on this site mentioned getting sick from the fish but we had no issues. My husband is actually in the seafood procurement business and did not hesitate ordering the fish. We travel to PR once a year. We will definitely make this one of our regular stops on our trip. Note: It opens at 5 during the week. We lucked out and it was not busy but they did say reservations are recommended.

1  Thank karmarsal
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Awesome Mofango and skirt steak and the banana dessert brought me back for a second time! loved the casual outdoor atmosphere.

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

The fresh grilled whole snapper is outstanding. We are repeat customers and our second experience was better than the first. A quirky and upbeat atmosphere. Highly recammended and you will not be disappointed.