“An amazing nite at "La Estacion"”
Review of La Estacion

La Estacion
Ranked #3 of 104 Restaurants in Fajardo
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Kitchen opens Thursday -Monday at 5pm. Restaurant closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Contemporary Puerto Rican and BBQ fare all cooked over natural charcoal on an outdoor grill. Ingredients locally grown or caught. Outdoor seating and indoor dining room available.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Just finished enjoying an amazing dinner at "La Estacion" n had to put up this post as soon as I got back to the hotel. Def the best BBQ food I've ever eaten. Everything was deelish and the smoked flavor imparted to the food from the charcoal is to die for. To top it off the restaurant owner (fam owned business) Magaly and the wait staff made provided excellent service and ambience. Def coming again before heading home to NY on Monday; looking forward to eating here again on Sunday ;). A million thanks to Magaly n thanks for the cocotazo shots....

There are newer reviews for La Estacion

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My wife and I just recently returned from our trip to Puerto Rico. We were staying at the Las Casitas Village and were tired of paying 70 dollars for two crappy sandwiches and a couple of drinks, so we ventured out to find a decent meal. What we found was amazing! La Estacion is a beautiful little quaint place and was truely 1 of only 4 highlights of our trip. The wait staff is awesome and accomodating. After being seated, we were greeted by our waiter, who asked if it was our first time. After replying yes, he sat with us and took the time to explain the whole menu and preparation of the food. We started with shark bites and finished with red snapper. It was all amazing! If you are in Fajardo, I would strongly recommend a visit to La Estacion!

1  Thank Lee R
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband said the barbequed ribs he ate here were the best he'd ever had, and we lived in Texas for 28 years! I had delicious red snapper, grilled to perfection. The meal we had here was the best of our week in Puerto Rico. The accompaniments to the main courses were also delicious. We highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was a great experience! We came to Fajardo not knowing what to expect, but La Estacion showed us that we could have great food at half the price it would have cost elsewhere.

The GOOD: the food was fantastic. My boyfriend and I shared the red snapper, which was perfectly cooked, and it came with one of the best papaya salads I have ever had (total surprise).

The bad: we had to wait for a table because there were so many people from El Conquistador there for a conference. We wish we had made reservations in advance. But it was well worth the wait.

Overall: this was a great find. if you're staying at El Conquistador hotel, it's right around the corner (literally) and is well worth the trip to avoid settling for burgers and fries at the hotel.

1  Thank Kyle I
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was here with a conference and my husband and I took a group of 10 down to the quaint, tropical restaurant. The owner greeted us and worked magic to get us a table to accomidate the size of our group. The food was absolutely wonderful and price worth every bite. Best food on the island with fresh, local food and friendly hospitable service!