“Great Dive Operators!”

$150.00*
2-Tank Discover Scuba Diving in Fajardo
Ranked #5 of 56 Tours in Fajardo
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We dove with Sea Ventures one day during our 5 day stay in PR. Sunday, Oct 20, 2013. My husband and I usually try to dive at least 3 days, but this time around we opted to dive one day only. This decision was based on previous reviews from previous divers that the visibility was not that great. They were right! Visibility was only about 20 ft and we did not see an abundance of sea life. Unfortunately, we dove with some new ocean divers. They stirred up the sand at the bottom often which made visibility even worse. We had a small group of 7 divers plus our dive master and captain. These guys were superb! Well knowledgeable of diving, the sites, the boat, and they were very laid back! My husband and I were the only ones who were diving with their own equipment and I thank them from the bottom of my heart that they did not harass us about setting up our gear for us. We've had that in the past and the dive masters were very rough with our equipment. So, thank you Sea Ventures for being respectful of our gear! We felt safe the entire time we were under water. The dive master was always looking out for all of us, especially the new ocean divers.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Some of the best diving in 15 years as Dive Master Tony and Captain Luis brought us into contact with at least five sea turtles during our two tank dive out of Fajardo. Tony has incredible technical skills, loads of experience, and was incredibly patient and supportive of one of the new divers in our party, and he made sure everyone had a great time! Best yet is that Sea Ventures can arrange to pick you up at your San Juan hotel and drop you back off after your dive is over. THAT MADE THIS INCREDIBLY CONVENIENT!!! Their boat and gear were top notch, and it was a great time. I would highly recommend this group, and Tony as Dive Master in particular.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I had a 2-tank dive with them and really enjoyed it! It's a knowledgeable and very friendly team, which makes sure that you have a great time! The boat they use is very nice and the gear they provide is in very good condition. I chose them based on the reviews I read on TripAdvisor and I can now confirm that Sea Ventures is an excellent choice!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We booked our dive trip thru our hotel which was a bit more expensive than just booking it thru alvin at paradiseseekerspr.com- highly recommend calling him directly. He picked us up in ssn juan, drove us to fajardo and was so helpful in all of the tips and advice for a great trip. The dive company was very professional and kind. The equipment was the best I've used when renting, the boat was awesome and the guides were great! The two tank dive was the perfect length and alvin was an excellent dive guide for my husband and me. He knew right where the wildlife would be and took photos of us to remember the experience. All in all, highly recommended, GREAT EXPERIENCE!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I just came back from a business trip to San Juan. My colleagues and I decided to stay over the weekend and go on the morning dive trip out of Fajardo with Seaventures (http://www.divepuertorico.com). I thought I’d provide this review in case any of you find yourselves in the area.

Here’s the short review.

We had a great time. Seaventures was fantastic. The visibility was ok, but not great. We would definitely dive with them again.

Now for the longer review.

I called the shop to place the reservations. The woman who answered was very helpful. She asked to me provide a credit card number in advance and said that we could cancel up to 6pm the day before. She told us where to go on the web site for directions and that the check in time was 7:45am with a 9am departure. She suggested we bring our own masks and snorkels but that they would provide them if needed. The total cost for the two-dive trip *including equipment* was $119 plus tax. I thought that was very reasonable for the area.

The directions on the web site were very thorough and include pictures as well as GPS coordinates. The web site said to allow one hour from San Juan. I thought that was a little odd because my previous trip from San Juan to Fajardo with another dive shop took an hour and a half. The new toll road extension (get the toll option on your rental car at the airport) cuts the time down a lot. We left San Juan at 6:15 and made it to the shop at 7:05. Only 50 minutes!
A few miscellaneous driving tips. I suggest you bring a good pair of sunglasses. The sun rises in the east and you will be staring straight into the sun in the morning. Driving without sunglasses would be a mistake. Also, do not speed in Puerto Rico.

The shop is located in a strip mall at the Puerto del Rey marina complex at the southern end of Fajardo. When we arrived at the shop, we were asked to sign the standard waivers. We also had to present our certification cards. We were then told to drive down the hill to the boat dock where we would receive our equipment. We went to the dive boat and then taken by one of the staff members to the equipment room and provided with whatever we needed. The BCD and fins were in good shape.

Prior to departure, we were given a safety briefing about the boat in accordance with US Coast Guard regulations. The boat was equipped with radio, oxygen unit, life jackets, and EPIR locator. The boat is 46 feet long and had plenty of room. There is a marine head as well. There were six divers and a few snorkelers. There were two divemasters and a divemaster trainee.

We then left for the first site which was a 25 minute ride away. Upon arrival we were given a site briefing. We were asked to put on our gear and walk to the back platform where they helped us with our fins. Entry was via a giant stride. We were told to wait at the safety line until everyone was in the water.

We then descended and began the trip. There was very little current. The visibility was 30-40 feet. The fish life was pretty good. We saw lobster, trumpet fish and many of the fish that you see in the Caribbean. At this site, the last part of the dive was at 15-20 feet so that served as our safety stop. The dive time was 45-50 minutes. The water temperature was 86F.

During the surface interval, the shop provided fruit, chips, salsa, water and soft drinks. We then proceeded to the next site and repeated the process. The second site offered better visibility (I’d estimate 80 feet). That dive lasted about 55 minutes.

On the way back to the shop we were given additional refreshments, which now included sandwiches! The shop took care of rinsing all of the rental gear.

Overall I was very pleased with Seaventures. The staff members were all great. The service was fantastic. I would definitely dive with Seaventures again.

1  Thank ElGringoViajero
Sea Ventures P, General Manager at Sea Ventures Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Hi Gringo Viajero,

Thank you so much for contacting us. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience, we greatly appreciated the review. Please remember to let us know if you ever come back to Puerto Rico so we can help you book other dive excursions to Vieques or Culebra island in our 46 foot Newton Dive boat. Happy Diving!

Yilmalia Suarez