“Great Experience!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My first dive since I got certified over 30 years ago. I didn't realize I was nervous until we started to submerge. Tito was very patient and did not pressure me. Within a minute, I was in a beautiful underwater world and my fear was gone.
Dove 2 days in a row, first day with Tito who was laid back, professional and patient. Next day with Luis who was very knowledgeable of the area, professional and fun.
Saw so many fish, many different types of coral and lots of cool creatures. We saw several green sea turtles who didn't mind us swimming along with them. We saw a ray, a puffer fish, a barracuda and a nurse shark. We saw a few spiny lobsters, a tiny spider crab, and so many other amazing sights.
Yil the manager was friendly and very helpful the entire time. The whole staff made us feel welcome and comfortable. Not sure if we will visit Puerto Rico again but there is no doubt we will dive Seaventures if we do!

Chicago, Illinois
“Gotta be the friendliest crew on the island”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Dove 2 days. Got my kids certified as open water divers without a hitch. Dive sites were perfect - good wildlife. Gotta be the friendliest staff around - from the office staff to the dive instructors to the captain. Go for it

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The best place to go for your certification dives!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've been diving for 23 years, and this is where I bring my loved ones for training and certification dives.

Last year, when my 12-year old niece and 40-year old brother-in-law expressed an interest in learning to dive, I brought them to Luis and Jill at Sea Ventures. The Sea Ventures staff are wonderfully patient, caring, fun, and experienced. Luis took such good care of my niece and brother, that I returned here this year with my girlfriend.

On a prior trip to Nassau, she had a bad experience with trying to learn to dive, but (just as he had done with my niece and brother) Luis took great care of her. He was attentive and created a safe and low-pressure environment... and pretty soon, she was diving like one of the many sea turtles that we saw on nearly every dive with Sea Ventures.

Speaking of sea life, in addition to countless sea turtles and the usual variety of Caribbean fish, we saw the rays, lobsters, sea slugs, cuttlefish, dolphins, and even a pair of humpback whales. What wonderful dives!

Not only are the Sea Ventures staff great on the water, they gave amazing recommendations regarding the places to eat and drink and things to do while in PR. Jill and Luis feel like family. I've gone back 3 years in a row, and we'll be back next year (and the year after, and the year after...)

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Seth R
Flowery Branch, Georgia
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 179 helpful votes
“New Boat”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Earlier in the year, Sea Ventures put into service their fully refurbished dive boat. I finally had a chance to experience it last week. The “Coral Queen II” is a 46-ft Newton that is ideally outfitted to accommodate divers. Its lower, aft deck is open and spacious allowing lots of elbow room when geared up. The wide beam and deep hull provide the stable platform divers are looking for. An upper deck accommodates ten passengers who can soak up the sun and view surrounding waters from a higher perspective. Located in the center of the fore-deck is a fixed table on top of which fruits and snacks are presented between dives and where underneath soft weights are housed in bins identified by the pound. Lots of dry storage forward, a clean head, a self-inflating life raft pod launched by rail and an EPIRB round out some of the features the Coral Queen II has to offer. Also, the first aid kit is located on deck in its own holder making it readily available if needed. Almost forgot to mention, the dive platform configuration and ladder system facilitate giant strides and re-entry into the boat.

Having made the trips out of Fajardo many times on older boats, I was impressed with the ride and the speed of this new one. While the Coral Queen II may not be available for all future dives, the standby Culebra Diver or Coqui II will be brought in.

Along with the new boat, a new instructor joined the Sea Ventures Team. Welcome Tito! It was a pleasure to dive with you. Of course, Jill, Luis and Tony are always there with smiles and stories to make a day of diving more fun. Thank you all for a great Fourth of July dive.

2 Thank 10-FT-STOP
Fairfax, Virginia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Excellent staff, neat dives”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went diving twice with Sea Ventures last week, and I would recommend them to anyone who wants to dive the northeast coast of Puerto Rico. We dove around a tiny island called Palomonito and saw several green sea turtles, a spotted eagle ray, large sea fans and gorgonians, barracuda, conch, yellow tail snapper, lion fish...the usual Caribbean fish.

Our crew on both days included Luis, Tito, Raneil, and Jose. These guys are very friendly and helpful, and I always felt safe with them. A spinal cord injury left me paralyzed 15 years ago, so I rely heavily on the help of others to dive. The entire Sea Ventures outfit - from the reservations staff to the crew on the boat - took great care of me, my mom, both of my brothers, and my 11 year old nephew.

In addition to the cool dive sites, each day we were treated to fresh fruit (pineapple, bananas, watermelon), water and sodas during our surface interval. I have nothing but positive feedback and tons of gratitude for the staff at Sea Ventures.

1 Thank Kris G