“Love the Personable and Knowledgeable Staff!!!”

Sea Ventures Dive Center
2-Tank Discover Scuba Diving in Fajardo
Ranked #7 of 54 Tours in Fajardo
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Love the Personable and Knowledgeable Staff!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I am in the service industry and deal with people's vacations on a daily basis. The staff at Sea Ventures is top of the line. The lady I dealt with in the dive shop was professional and knowledgeable in this busy, fast paced environment.
The Dive Masters were all friendly and answered many visitors inquiries about diving and area attractions. I was in for my open water certification and the first day I was nervous but both my better half and the staff made me feel more at ease.
Day 2 was much better and I received a round of applause for becoming a new certified scuba diver. A special thanks to Tony for his patience and dedication to us new divers. He does a great job with Discover Scuba divers and the referrals.
Also Alvin, Paul, Matt, Luis, and James - you guys are all a hoot. Thanks for great memories in Puerto Rico. Now I can save face back in Wisconsin!!!

2 Thank RMCIIV

“Professional, friendly and diverse group of experienced Divemasters ready to show you the best locations around Fajardo, P.R.!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My first open water dive experience was with SeaVentures and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is considering diving or snorkeling in Puerto Rico. My 13 year old niece and I both got our open water certification done here. Luis took us through the proper PADI skills tests and made us very comfortable with the required skills and equipment usage. Very friendly crew from all around the world and it was obvious they were well trained and had a passion for diving. The locations they took us to were different each day (we took three two-tank dives over three days), the water was warm and the visibility unbelievable! James was our captain for two of the days and his experience and professionalism was obvious as well. Tony dove with my sister-in-law Carla (giving her a refresher as she had not dove in over 2 years but was PADI certified). She told me she was a bit uncomfortable in the water at first, but Tony helped her acclamate very well. Yill was their manager (or as I refer to her, El Jefe Bonita) and handled the paperwork and booking. Although I didn't personally dive with her, I could tell that her divers and snorkelers were pleased. She was also very good with the younger kids on the boat. Paul was very experienced in dive excursions and other adventure sports around the world. Dives 5 and 6 were with divemaster Matt from California. He was very helpful in getting me a new BCD right away when a leak was discovered in my BCD inflator hose. Very relaxed, California style mentality/attitude that made for a great day diving. By this time I was experiencing trouble equalizing the pressure in my ears due to repeated dives and ear inflammation. Matt patiently got me fixed up at a shallower point and we continued the dive as normal. Chips and salsa along with a variety of tropical fruits were served in between dives. Altogether a great experience from a surprisingly well rounded crew of professionals! Highly recommend it. Thanks to all of you guys at SeaVentures!

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“STAY AWAY!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

This company is a joke... Rude staff and very poor customer service. Unorganized. The lady in the office has no ideo how to treat people. As a Diving lover I suggest you stay away from these guys. Absolutely redicilous people.Small boat,many people. Dive was terribble too. I learned my lesson Fajardo is not the place to dive.Save your money and time. One of the funniest part was light lunch... Its was chips that was about it. I wonder how they survived up to this point. They have the mentality of '' These people are here for only two days they go back to their home, who gives a thing about their satisfaction we are only two dive shop here anyways...'' STAY AWAY

1 Thank Scuba M
Sea Ventures P, General Manager at Sea Ventures Dive Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Scuba M.,

Greetings from Puerto Rico. While we truly are very sorry you didn't find your experience with Sea Ventures enjoyable, we hope the rest of your stay on the island was.

I've shared your review with the staff. It was, of course, disconcerting. While we all have bad days, we can't imagine how being 'rude' and exercising 'very poor customer service' crept into the perception of our operation. We truly make every attempt to provide our guests with safe and fun diving experiences. It's a hallmark of Puerto Rico to be friendly and helpful. Hence, despite our best efforts, we seemed to have failed in your case and for that we apologize.

Rest assured, we don't view our guests as "people are here for only two days they go back to their home, who gives a thing about their satisfaction we are only two dive shop here anyways...". We want our guests to remember their experience with us fondly, talk about it to friends and family, and come back often. As such, we actively try to make sure guest feel AT home.

Finally, regarding the refreshments, we do provide chips and salsa, fruit, a variety of sodas and ample water (always hydrate!). The emphasis here is to provide a snack that staves off hunger but doesn't feel heavy in the stomach, which is not something you want while diving.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We will definitely take it as constructive criticism and hope that you'll give us a chance if you return to Puerto Rico to demonstrate what Sea Ventures it truly all about.

Best regards,
Yil S.
Columbia City, IN
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Nice Staff but Not Great Diving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My DH and I booked for dive trip for 2/13. Staff were very nice, but the scenery diving was not great. I wasn't able to get down due to ears not equalizing, but DH did. Said he saw a lot more fish snorkeling the next day than he did on this trip diving.

Visited February 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best Scuba/Snorkel Day Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our family had such a good time on this trip. The crew was the nicest you will find so make sure you add them to your Puerto Rico fun list. They even let the snorkelers off on Palomanito Island so we could do a little beach combing or snorkel more if we wanted during the scuba divers 2nd dive. I really liked this part of the trip. I love beautiful beaches and this one is beautiful!! Jill was our guide that stayed with us and we really enjoyed getting to know her. What a sweet person! When we go back to PR we are definitely doing this trip again.