“Ok Expensive Food in a Sketchy Area”
Review of Rosa's Sea Food - CLOSED

Rosa's Sea Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Brooklyn, New York
“Ok Expensive Food in a Sketchy Area”
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We first tried to get to Rosa's from the trip advisor website by clicking on" view on map"....big mistake. That link will take you to the wrong side of town. Luckily, we got stopped by 3 police officers because we were going the wrong way on a one way street. They came at us like we were going to attack them and flee. When we told us them we were trying to get to Rosa's, their moods changed. They were happy to direct us to the the right place. The restaurant is very close to the Ferry's parking lot.

The actual location of the restaurant is probably only a step safer than the our original destination. We were the only customers in the restaurant for dinner, and it was only around 7:30pm. I didn't feel 100% safe there, but my husband was too frustrated to find a new restaurant. I kept checking to make sure my car was okay.

Overall, the food was only okay. The portions were very small. The food was expensive (~$20+) for what we got and for the casual laidback local atmosphere. The service was okay. I didn't like that the tip was included, even though it was just my husband and me. I usually tip more than 15%, but I hate when restaurants make you pay a required tip.

I wouldn't recommend this place, and I'm trying to figure out why my friend recommend this place to me in the first place. Maybe, the restaurant is better during lunch?

• Visited December 2011

Botkins, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Found this by chance..great food! Snapper was excellent! High priced but good food.

• Visited November 2011
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Caribbean Menu”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Great dinner!!! Fantastic selection on Caribbean food. I love their garlic shrimp & lobster!!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank marybeach1969
Flushing, New York
“A Must Go To in Puerto Rico”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Having been here prior to July 2011 I was pleasantly surprised to find a total rehaul of this great place. The decor is now modern and upscale and the food is to die for!! You cannot get fresher seafood than this. Both the new owner and the chef have more than 20 years in the Hotel Industry and it shows in the service, presentation and taste of the food. This has become our "go to" spot when we visit. Love it!!

• Visited July 2011
Atlanta
“Poor experience, poor food , poor atmosphere”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Three mistakes on our order and a 2hr wait before we were able to eat bland food. There was no consideration or compemsation .
Do not waste your time going to this place.