Review Highlights
Falmouth at its best

I visit my family every year in Falmouth. The last few years the food tours have become a beloved... read more

Reviewed March 20, 2020
jamillah2014
San Francisco, California
Falmouth from the Inside

Sanya was our guide on the Falmouth Walking History/Food Tour. She did an outstanding job of... read more

Reviewed March 19, 2020
Cbunga43
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
from $87.18
from $166.43
from $97.94
from $89.74
More Info
All reviews food tour coconut water coco bread walking tour sugar cane food stops beef patty local fruits cruise ship great tour highly recommend this tour pastry three hours local history authentic food booked this tour jamaican patties
Selected filters
Reviewed November 23, 2015

My wife and I were on the Disney Fantasy last week and had day in Falmouth on Wednesday 18 November. Being a foodie and history buff we decided to do this tour. We are so glad we did. Our tour was led by Sherilyn and she was top notch! Lots of history and a good bit of food. We made several stops but the best were for beef patties and jerk chicken. Sherilyn took us into parts of the city my wife and I would have never ventured into. It was a great time and we learned a lot about history and the food. Anyone wanting a bit of history and good food should consider this. If we ever get back I would do this again without hesitation!!

3  Thank Vharris7859
janais2000, Owner at Jamaica Culinary Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2015

Dear Vharris7859,

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a review for us. We do aim to be much more than a food tour, and we're so happy to hear that we were able to offer you that experience. Our Tour Guides are not only professional, but very passionate and enthusiastic about what they do, and we will be sure to convey your kind comments to Sherillee. We really appreciate you recommending this tour to other travelers, and are happy to hear that you will join us again on a return trip. We certainly look forward to hosting you again!!

Reviewed November 21, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I decided to do this tour after looking at all the shore excursions offered by our cruise lines and didn't find anything we both would enjoy. Plus we both love food and thought this would be the best way to see the "real"Jamaica. Tour guides Steve and Saynia (aka Joe-Anne) were fantastic. Professional, fun and informative, we learned a lot, enjoyed some food and had a great time. I'm originally from Jamaica but had not been to Falmouth. Plus it had been a while since I had visited the country and wanted to enjoy the food while feeling safe. The locals recognize when you are on the tour and will leave you alone. After the tour ended the guides took us back to the local grocery store to buy the famous blue mountain coffee and jerk sauce - supporting the locals instead of buying the items at the port (which is owned by the cruise lines). Highly recommend this tour.

Dear Candace P,

We're so delighted that yourself and your husband chose our tour, and are even more delighted that you found the tour to be an awesome one! We are so glad that we could have welcomed you back home to Jamaica, and introduce you to a part of the island you are not familiar with. We're pleased that you not only learnt a lot from your tour guides, but that you also enjoyed the tastings, and had a chance to take a little bit of Jamaica back with you.

We do hope that you will visit home again soon, and it would be our pleasure to host you again then too!

Best regards

Reviewed November 15, 2015

Since this tour was arranged for me, I incorrectly assumed it would be a sampling of various foods at same location. It was a WALKING tour in on a hot and humid day. “No Problem Mon” (Bring a portable fan and your walking shoes!) I was happy there was no rain as predicted before our cruise. Our group was so large, we were split into two tours. (Maximum group size is 12.)

Before our appointed time, we were met by cheerful Kadain (our second guide) at the “Tours and Information” Booth. She was carrying a “Falmouth Food Tour” sign. We signed our permission for the owner Janet to use any pictures she took. Our primary tour guide Sherillee and Janet joined us. (Janet stayed until our second group tour started.)

We first stopped at Carlos fruit stand to sample papaya, watermelon and sugar cane. The tour guides carry hand sanitizers when you need them. They also carried bottled water if you want it. (Most of us were carrying our own water.) We went through a security gate into the general population. Next stop was at Angela’s push cart for food explanation. The second food sampling was at Spicy Nice. The Beef Patty sandwich was a lunch meal in itself. (I boxed half of it.) Next food sampling was at Winston’s stand for coconut drink in a cup. (These cups or similar cups were offered for purchase at end of tour. I think the tour price should be slightly increased to allow the cups be given after the sampling.) During the walk, we were given an interesting history of the city at various points. Next sampling was at Peppers Jerk Centre Sports Bar & Grill. At this point, we were full but we bought some drinks to go with the roasted chicken. Final sampling was at Elizabeth Somerville House. Dessert items were provided. This is where bug spray would be advisable. Several of us were bitten by unknown fliers.

After the tour, our guides graciously led some of us back into the general population to shop at a grocery store and at some independent booths. The tour was exceptional for the cheerful, informative tour guides, the food and the city outside the secured cruise port. It was definitely an enjoyable three hours.

Date of experience: September 2015
3  Thank Harold H
janais2000, Owner at Jamaica Culinary Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2015

Dear Harold,

A big thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Tour and we are so delighted that we not only met your expectations, but exceeded them!

We are thrilled that you found the tour to be exceptional, and that you thoroughly enjoyed the food and the historical information about the town of Falmouth which the guides shared with you along the way.

Thank you so much for your recommendations and for recommending the tour to others. We do look forward to hosting you again some time!

Best regards

Co-Owner/Tour & Creative Experience Director

Reviewed November 12, 2015 via mobile

Visited Falmouth Nov 9. Booked this tour which was led by Sherilyn. We walked to many interesting locations and learned so much about Falmouth and the history of Jamaica as well as having some very delicious food. You definitely do not need breakfast as we came back absolutely stuffed. Booking the tour was easy with fast communication from Janet and easy to find meeting point.

We went to places we would never have found on our own. This was my 3rd time to Jamaica and the best so far.

Dear Molly2kit,

We're so happy that you took the time to write a review of the Falmouth Food Tour, and we most certainly appreciate the 5 star rating of the Tour. We are even more thrilled that our Tour has helped to make this your best trip to Jamaica so far! We do hope that you will have a chance to visit the island again in the future, and would be delighted to host you and your husband again if you do!

Co-Owner/Tour & Creative Experience Director

Reviewed November 6, 2015

After looking at the reviews on Trip Advisory I decided to book this tour for my family to do once we arrived in Falmouth, Jamaica during our Royal Caribbean Cruise. I am so glad that I booked this tour for us! Sherri, Antoinette and Janet are wonderful tour guides! We learned so much in 3 hours and eat plentiful. Don't worry about eating breakfast the morning of this tour because there is plenty of food to taste and get full off. We were so full by the 2nd stop because we had eaten breakfast before getting of the boat. This tour was above and beyond our expectations. My husband loves jerk chicken and Peppers Jerk Chicken spot that we visited was to die for. The jerk chicken was like no other we have ever tasted. It was really hot this day in September, but overall the ladies did their best to keep us in the shade as long as possible while learning the history of Falmouth. I would recommend this tour to anyone looking for great history and true authentic island food taste.

Date of experience: September 2015
janais2000, Owner at Jamaica Culinary Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2015

Dear Rachelle B,

Thank you so much for your five star review of our Falmouth Food Tour. We are glad that you found it to be an awesome tour and are flattered that it exceeded your expectations! We're also really pleased that you found the experience and the food authentic and really appreciate you recommending the tour to others . We do hope you'll have a chance to join us again sometime!