Review Highlights
Falmouth at its best

I visit my family every year in Falmouth. The last few years the food tours have become a beloved... read more

Reviewed March 20, 2020
jamillah2014
San Francisco, California
Falmouth from the Inside

Sanya was our guide on the Falmouth Walking History/Food Tour. She did an outstanding job of... read more

Reviewed March 19, 2020
Cbunga43
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Recommended experiences in and around Jamaica
from $87.18
from $166.43
from $97.94
from $89.74
More Info
All reviews food tour coconut water coco bread walking tour sugar cane food stops beef patty local fruits cruise ship great tour highly recommend this tour pastry three hours local history authentic food booked this tour jamaican patties
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2015

Our guides were informative and personal, it was like being shown around by friends. The food was tasty and the sights were lovely with interesting historical information mixed in. So glad we did it, highly recommended.

2  Thank bklynlou73
janais2000, Owner at Jamaica Culinary Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2015

Dear bklynlou73,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a Five Star review of our Falmouth Food Tour. We do try to make our guests feel comfortable and at home with us, so it's truly great to hear that your Tour Guides made you feel like you were among friends.

We're so glad you found the food to be tasty and appreciated the visits to the cultural sites and the history that we were able to share with you.

We hope you'll join us again if you return to Falmouth!

Co-Owner/Tour and Creative Experience

Reviewed December 24, 2014

From the time I sent queries to determine if the tour was something I might be interested in to the conclusion of the tour I was very impressed with Janet Crick and her wonderful staff. Prior to booking, all of my queries were answered promptly and with plenty of detail to help me to decide to book the tour. Sonya and Steve met us promptly at the port and detailed our wonderful tour. Of prime importance to Sonya and Steve was a very safe and enjoyable experience, which we all had. Sonya was well informed and made this historical culinary experience one I will remember fondly for a long time. From the Jamaican Patty at the bakery to the desserts (which I was too full to eat) the tour was a wonderful culinary experience. Falmouth is a poor area, however, the people are quite friendly. I specifically enjoyed the joy that Sonya displayed as she explained the food, culture and history of the area. Both Steve and Sonya showed a true joy for their jobs, interaction with their clients and the history of Falmouth. It was also nice that Janet Crick met us during the tour to see how are experience was going. A very nice touch. I was a wonderful experience which I highly recommend.

1  Thank maeplay
janais2000, Owner at Jamaica Culinary Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2014

Dear Maeplay

Thank you so much for your review of the Falmouth Food Tour. We are pleased that we were able to offer you a seamless experience from start to finish, and that you were able to walk away with a wonderful culinary experience and long lasting memories of our food, culture and history.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a review, and for recommending our Tour to others.

I will be sure to convey your very positive comments to Sanya and Steve who will be delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with them!

Reviewed December 22, 2014

While most of the passengers from 'Divina' caught the shuttle to Montego Bay, we did the walking Culinary tour.
This is a very interesting way to see Jamaica and learn about its history and cuisine. We also felt very safe walking through the town.
The food selections were interesting and our guide was informative and pleasant. Although I liked the jerk restaurant, Anne's colonial house for sweets was a real treat.
Make sure to wear a hat and sunscreen as the sun is very strong in Jamaica.
Highly recommended.

Date of experience: November 2014
2  Thank kazganymede

Dear kazganymede,

Thanks so much not only for recommending our Falmouth Food Tour, but for captioning it as the “best way to see Falmouth”! It was our pleasure to introduce you to the history and cuisine of Jamaica, and we are glad that you enjoyed the food selections. Anne will be pleased to hear that you found the stop at her period home to be particularly memorable.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed December 14, 2014

Terrific introduction to Jamaican culture and cuisine. The tour begins within the Royal Caribbean "Disneylandish" seaport and continues outside the gates into the real Jamica. If you have any hesitation to journey out this is a terrific tour.

Jerk chicken was eaten in a courtyard cafe and meat pies were enjoyed a a neighborhood bakery. Pastries were served in the garden of one of the historic homes.

The tour walks on rough surfaces and it may be challenging for people who are not used to long walks. Rest breaks are provided at the bakery and cafe.

Tour groups are small, about 12 people, and the guides do an excellent job explaining the food and culture.

2  Thank Cavydad

Dear Cavydad,

Thank you so much for your five star review of our Falmouth Food Tour. We aim to give our guests an insight into Jamaican cuisine and culture, and are delighted that you encountered the “real Jamaica” through our Tour. We appreciate the helpful tips that you have shared with Trip Advisor readers, and hope that you will find it possible to join us again sometime!

Reviewed December 9, 2014

My kids and I were just aboard Royal Caribbeans Serenade of the Seas, November 22, 2014. On one of our port stops; Falmouth Jamaica… I had read on many forums not to leave the gated area of the port on your own, and since I was traveling with my most precious cargo (my kids ages 15-24) safety was paramount! If I had been with a significant other or friends I would have ventured out into the city no problem, but then again I’m the adventurous, type. So, given I didn’t want to leave the gated area unless on a tour I set out and did my research. I wasn’t thrilled with what Royal had to offer, nor my TA so I looked outside the box and took the road less traveled and found a few reviews on the “Falmouth Food Tour” through Jamaica Culinary Tours, and decided I felt it was a good fit for our family to all enjoy and very reasonable at $55 a person, and most of all wanted that local experience. I have to say I feel our family was blessed to find such a unique tour experience with very lively, smiling, and happy tour guides; Steve and Sonya. They were full of energy upon our arrival which was quite refreshing. Immediately leaving that gate we were in the heart of the city of Falmouth in seconds and our journey began. Our lead guide Steve was quick to remember our names and personally address any of us which made the experience that much more personable. I walk kinda slow sometimes so Sonya kept me company in the back so I didn’t get lost in the shuffle. I suggest cruise visitors who want a real “Jamaica” experience to take the Food Tour to see and hear about the history, and culture behind the rustic city, and at the same time enjoy so many yummy “local” foods. But, be realistic, Falmouth is a very real, but poor town. Enjoy something different. That’s what traveling abroad is all about anyhow, right?! Our guides kept a watchful eye on us so that we could enjoy the experience without being hasseled, it can still potentially happen, but the guides are right there with you. Expect to see many historical and architectural sites along the 2 ½ hour walk and when they say you don’t need to eat lunch before the tour, they mean it (sugar cane, Jamaican patty, coconut desserts, local fruits, breadfruit, coconut water, jerk chicken, yams and many more things…fyi… be careful with those little hot peppers, whew one of them slipped in my mouth, thankfully Steve had some water in his backpack just for people like me that don’t look at everything before it goes in your mouth. If I hadn’t done my little bit of research we would have missed this great little tour. Going forward I will take the path less traveled and not be afraid to go local, and it’s a great way to support the local culture, we are certainly glad we did. Life is about experiences. And, if you are lucky enough to get Steve and Sonya as your guides you will most definitely be in good hands.
Thanks,
Teaster/Pardue Family

Date of experience: November 2014
5  Thank teasterfamily2014

Dear teasterfamily2014,

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our Falmouth Food Tour. We are happy that you opted to take "the road less traveled", and to spend your time in Falmouth with us, enjoying a "real" Jamaican experience.

We appreciate you recommending the Tour to others and are sure that those interested in enjoying something different will be encouraged by your very detailed and positive review.

Many thanks again!