“bamboo rafting down the Martha Brae”

Cruise Shore Excursions Jamaica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cruise Shore Excursions Jamaica offer affordable, hospitable and customer friendly service to all travelers and guests. We are a company committed to provide prompt, efficient and effective transportation and tours in and around Jamaica regardless of your destination. We are in business to serve, and ensure that all of our guests receive the true Jamaican experience. Looking for the best? Look no further, because at Cruise Shore Excursions Jamaica your search ends with us and the journey around Jamaica begins. all our Vehicles are licensed by the Jamaica Tourist Board Association and are fully insured. Your encounter with us will not be forgotten because we understand what all travelers are looking for. Come to Jamaica and feel alright!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Bowser, Canada
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“bamboo rafting down the Martha Brae”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After going to the swamp safari we decided to take a trip down the Martha Brae river. You are taking by bus to the bamboo river trip start where you are greeted with the staff to begin your river raft trip. Of course there is a few market booths up there trying to sell you some stuff. You are also given fruit punch in the bar. then the fun begins. They place two cushions on the seat of the raft for you two sit on (there is only room for two on each raft) and then your captain stands at the front of the raft and with a long pole pushes you down the river. It was very relaxing and pretty. We saw other people with their wares along the river that if you want to stop you can. We also saw birds, pumpkins growing wild, fruit trees and lots and lots of bamboo. It was rather expensive but I know that both my grandaughters really enjoyed it. The captains will try to sell you some of their wares at the end while they are mentioning you can have it with any tip you give but then tell you that some give 30, 40, 50 dollar tips.

Visited January 2013
8 Thank Lorenekimura

Naples, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Zip line with Yardie Tours”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Initially apprehensive about the zip because I hate heights. Tour was listed as 5 hours consisting of an hour and half of travel each way, a fruit drink, herbal lesson from Mama TuTu & 3 zips.

Van driver was on time, friendly & informative. Since only 3 were doing the zip, we were transferred to another driver along the way. Beautiful drive with fantastic new road (I've stayed in Jamaica many times) most of the way until we climbed the bumpy hill to our destination.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by relaxed, attentive, professional staff, given an excellent fruit drink & signed the necessary forms. No herbal Mama, which was fine with us, as Orlando (our main man) explained we'd do 4 zips & a swing. Wow! Bonus! Orlando assured us safety was their main concern & staff would demo & explain each zip. They did a stellar job each time.

We climbed a 30' wooden tower for the first adventure--daunting widely spaced steps for a 5'1" person. After the demo, we (gingerly for 2 of us) did our first zip. Amazing! Each trip was longer but only one other scary climb for our last zip--a 45' pole with staples to reach the platform. We were tethered so if we slipped, we wouldn't plunge to our death. The pole was my biggest challenge but...reach like a monkey & you'll eventually get there. Staff always encouraged us to take our time, etc. Never rushed.

Ahhh, the swing, which held all 3. We thought it would be a relaxing, fun diversion. Total opposite. Do not have a wonky stomach before attempting this!!

Enjoyed a Red Stripe at the well-maintained clean facility after our exhilarating experience then back to Falmouth. Empowering for one who detests heights & yes, I would do this again with Yardie. First rate!!

Note: I recommend hiking boots for traction--had an easier time than my zipmates who wore shoes. Also, wear longer shorts or pants to prevent strap burns. Forget your designer attire.

Visited December 2012
5 Thank ANDIAMOkay
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jamaica!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Our tour Guide Patrice from Patma Tours was excellent. I totally recommend her to anyone that wants to get to know Jamaica. She is friendly, outgoing, and eager to please her clients. The attention,price, and cleanliness of her tour vehicle was excellent. She took her time and showed us many different sites. Check out Patmar Tours if you are planning to have an adventure with the family. Thus, she is excellent with kids.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank yoel r
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun filled”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

We took the Chucka horse treck and beach swim which was pricey! but worth it the guides were so much fun and we had a brilliant ride and tour and was then taken to unsaddle to swim with them on the beach!!! was brilliant

1 Thank charsparkes19
Lynn Haven, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Chukka Good Hope Plantation with Carriage Ride”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We visited the Good Hope Plantation as a shore excursion. We visited Falmouth on the Allure of the Seas. Most of my family chose to visit Dunn's River Falls. My husband and I had visited the falls previously and he wanted to do something different. He picked out this trip. I at first thought it would be OK, but not terribly interesting. I was pleasantly surprised to find it far more interesting than I thought. I credit that completely to our awesome guide Odette. She is a young girl who is as knowledgeable and enthusiastic as they come. She made a point of learning the names of everyone in our group. It wasn't a large group, but still it makes a difference. She really knew the history of the plantation, not just reciting a memorized script. That always makes a trip much more interesting. And she seemed to actually enjoy her job. That can make a HUGE difference. She was very engaging and she and her co-hosts entertained us with spontaneous song. So, would I enjoy this trip as much with another guide? I don't know. But if you can swing the tour with Odette as your guide it will be a good time.

Visited August 2012