“Not that enjoyable. We were glad when it ended.”
Review of Braco Stables

Braco Stables
Book In Advance
More Info
$150.00*
and up
Braco Stables Hiking and Biking Tour Tour from Falmouth
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have been horseback riding on many of our vacations. This tour was not fun. We were told CONSTANTLY to keep the nose of the horse right up to the horse in front and given a switch (from a plant) to hit the horse. So the entire ride consisted of walk, trot for a few seconds, walk. This left both my teenage daughter & I very sore. The rest of our family who rode at the end fared better. We had 2 other people in our tour who were separated but wanted to ride next to each other but their request was ignored.
There was very little narration. It would have been nice to be offered some free refreshments at the area where we took a long break before riding in the sea. You could purchase beer or other soft drinks on your own but the selection was limited as they were out of stock plus others had left their money back at the ranch. It was very hot so the swimming was the only enjoyable part which lasted a short time. I dreaded the ride back. Finally at the end you were given some drink out of a gallon jug. The guides work very hard but I would do your research on a better tour as there are many choices available.

2  Thank Travelers5GA
There are newer reviews for Braco Stables

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The guides were very attentive and made this a very pleasant family experience. They went over and beyond to accommodate families with small children. Swimming with the horses was incredible. I would recommend this for anyone visiting Jamaica. Not to mention it was an added bonus that the horses were stunning.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My 6 year old daughter and I went on an unforgettable ride as part of her 6th birthday. All she ever wanted was to swim with horses. When we arrived we were greeted with warm smiles and before we knew it we were whisked onto our horses and off to the beach we headed with Ghandee, a very friendly guide who seems to know everything about the beautiful Braco property. He pointed to and explained everything along our ride. The horses are well taken care of with long manes which are used to hold on while swimming with the horses. The swim itself was so refreshing, and they seemed to enjoy it themselves too! It was great to shower off in the clean changing room and shower after. We had a cold drink and then we headed back to camp....when we arrived we were received by a fresh cold drink. After my daughter asked, we were also shown the new Braco foal... Too sweet. All in all, I would recommend everyone do this ride at least once! It's extremely memorable and I commend the management on how smoothly it all went! Thank you!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

During our recent family vacation in Montego Bay, my riding daughter voted for a visit to Braco Stables. Not having been in a saddle for 40 odd years, I figured this could be an interesting morning. We weren't disappointed, as she got the ride she wanted, and I got a ride I could survive. The admin went smoothly, with everything handled on line, and one local phone call. I opted for the private ride, and the package included pick up and return from our hotel. Our guide, Linford (Gandhi), was great and I'd certainly recommend him. The horses were very good, the ride was interesting, and the swim in the sea, albeit brief, was good fun, including Dad taking a header into the sea trying to get on his horse. Good value for the money, and we'd go again, if the opportunity comes around.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Visited in July / August 2013 with my wife and 6 year old. The latter a bit frightened at first (full sized horses not ponies). The instructors took great care of us and all was well. We were novices and the horses pretty much knew the route and followed each other at gentle pace. The worst was that some of the horses tried to eat some of the vegetation as you went through the countryside, this got one lady screaming (literally) and my daughter cried because she had been spooked and her arm hurt being tense in holding the reigns, however, on the the latter 3/4 of the trip and the swim in the sea she loved it. Lasted 2 hours on the horses, saw some local houses, goats and countryside (crossed a busy road with people stopping the traffic - no problem) stopped at a cove where we got to ride the horses in the sea in the protected cove for a couple of laps. The horses seemed to like it and seemed happy and well cared for, the stables were in good shape. The trip from Montego Bay was around 40 minutes and we got some good info from our driver and saw some stuff on the way.

When we reached the cove on the beach it was beautiful and they had toilets and a hut selling cold drinks and snacks at slightly inflated prices but not too bad and a really really nice spot. My greatest WARNING which is why it gets 4 stars and not 5 is the complete rip off on the photos and video. I really hate it when that happens and it does leave a bitter taste in the mouth when you feel like you are being fleeced. They will take a number of photos and some video which they put on a CD at the end and will sell it to you for a remarkable $80 US. I offered $40 but they wouldn't go down below $60. I already had my video and photos so I didn't bother. Despite the bad feeling I have on the rip -off I would recommend this trip it was nice. Take long trousers / shorts and shoes that enclose your toes (not flip flops), have swimming kit underneath and a towel to take with you; you can take water with you in your pocket too, which I would recommend as it was hot for 2 hours in the sun, but you'll be holding on to your reigns. For the uninitiated in horse riding (like me) nothing to be afraid of, a nice trip!