“Fun but Beware”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fun but Beware”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

It was very fun and enjoyable with one big catch... The guides who take you up the falls are great. They misled you by stopping along the way to take pictures and videos of your group. We bought the video for $40.00 and when we got home, it was a video of the history of Jamica!! There wasn't any pictures of us or our group. Take your own camera!!!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank vicki n

Bronx, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

This attraction its beautiful to see. You have the option of climbing the whole fall, a portion of it or just partake in viewing it by the side. Its definitely breath taking. A must see.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Beautiful Dunns River Falls in Jamaica MON!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

While with RCI and on a stop in Falmouth I wanted to do this tour with my family. First off it is a long way from Falmouth to Dunns and this took all day as we went to the Dolphin Park also. The bus ride was fun as our tour guide talked about the various places we passed along the way, that made the trip over fun. When we finally got there it was in a beautiful, lush tropical grounds, lots of places for pictures. DO NOT take those cheap disposable water cameras as the place is in a rain forest type of place and it was way too dark for our pictures to come out, lesson learned. The tour started literally in the ocean and we walked in a long chain up from there. Out tour guide was helpful and helped some of the older people along at some of the more difficult climbs, this is NOT for the weak of heart and older as the water can get deep and strong currents are throughout the tour. You have to rent water shoes OR take your own, which we did and gave them to them after the tour for future use. They supposedly video your group but who knows what was on the video, did not want to give them $30 for it, oh well. We even got baptized Jamaican style during the climb. My wife decided it was not in her book to perform the difficult climb as her knees were not up to the task, but do not worry as there is a cement path with rails to climb along during the trip if you deem yourself not able to climb. The scenery was well worth it as she put it, but you still have to pay entrance fee. The only downfall were the pushy vendors there, I stopped to ask about a Bob Marley wood carved art work and it was too much, the vendor followed us WAY back to our meeting area, UGH, no is NO! This is not ruin the wonderful time we had there, if we ever get to Jamaica again we will definitely head over to Dunns!!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank TravelFaninNM
Edinburgh
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Breathtaking Water Falls-a must see”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We booked the Dunns Falls and Tubing excursions with Peat via internet before we got to Jamaica on our cruise.

I emailed Peat several times re excursions as we had 3 kids aged 5& under so I wanted to make sure what I was booking suited all of us. Peat was very honest with me.

He was there when we got off ship and him and his son Ainsworth made us very welcome and had us singing songs within minutes.

We got free time at falls (we did not walk them due to children) and it was beautiful. The falls were out of this world and Ainsworth tools lots of our group. We had about 2hrs in total here.

We went from there to the White River Tubing. The small kids sat in the rubber ring with the adults. If you have never done tubing you MUST, it was fantastic. It was such a good laff. Sunshine, Jamaican beer and good times with friends, what more do you need.

A great way to spend a few hrs of your day

Peat and Ainsworth were great hosts and I would definitely use them again and recommend them.

Furthermore I discovered when I got back on cruise ship we had been over charged by $140. I emailed Peat and he is sending me the money back. Great guy!

Thanks guys for making our experience in Jamaica a good one.

2 Thank EdinburghNix
Aliso Viejo, California
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great Attraction”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Climbing the falls was amazing! We had so much fun and the memories will last a life time. Highly reccommend for anyone visiting Jamaica!

Visited February 2013