“Chukka Beach Excursion - Great for those on a cruise-ship port-stop.”

Chukka Caribbean Adventures-Good Hope Estate by Horse & Carriage
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Chukka Jamaica Falmouth - something for everyone! Experience the best at our exclusive locations. Adventure - ziplining, river tubing, challenge course; motorized - island buggy, ATV; family - bird aviary, challenge course, pool, horse and carriage, Great House tour; drink and eat - high tea, Jamaica jerk, Appleton Estate Rum, Jablum Coffee house, ice cream and more! Transportation to and from all major hotels and piers. Chukka, offers the best of Jamaica, Belize, Grand Turk and Dominican Republic.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 19, 2013

What a fabulous day at the beach! With the beach facing north there are plenty of shady trees for where to place your beach chair, or place it right in the sunny area. First thing to know is that the guy setting up your beach chairs (price included) won't be around later - be prepared to tip him right on the spot.

Their waterfront area is relatively short, therefore not a "walking beach" so just relax and enjoy. Only a few vendors are evidently allowed to come by, but no hassle, simply signal "no" and they move on. Other vendors at the perimeter's edge will work to catch your attention, signaling for you going to them, but that's your choice. In other words, your stuff on the beach chairs is safe, so go and enjoy the fabulous warm. calm, safe and aqua Caribbean waters! Their bar and lunch prices are very reasonable and make sure to tip the staff.

As an often cruise-ship passenger I despise getting gouged by the ship's "shore excursions" and work to make my own shore excursions when feasible, but I must admit this excursion was a a good value. Others in a larger group may explore making direct arrangements, these guys certainly know about getting you back to the ship on time. Enjoy!

3  Thank rodrigt

Reviewed May 8, 2013

While in Falmouth Jamaica we decided to take the Chukka ride. This is a buggy that holds around a dozen people, and is drawn by 2 horses. The buggy had padded seats and was comfortable. These horses are the cousins to the Clysdales. We passed a Jewish cemetary, went to a church and walked around inside to take pictures. You will get some history as you go along as well. Each person got a bottle of cold water. Lisa the tour director was very educational and taught us about the language among other things.

6  Thank travelqueen1_10
Reviewed May 5, 2013

My Dad, Aunt, Uncle, Mom, and I went on the Chukka River tubing excursion. It was a blast!!!!. The ride to the launching area was alittle bumpy but other than that it was amazing. The staff was funny and amazing. We got to enjoy a relaxing ride while singing some Bob Marley. I would do it again in a heart beat. Must do in Falmouth. RCCL "Oasis of the Seas"

2  Thank Jordan L
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I booked the tubing an zipline through our honeymoon cruise. At the end of the tubing the guide suggested swimming in the river. When I got out my wife noticed my wedding ring missing and was in tears. Our amazing guide Stewart dove for 3 hours while we were on our zipline and somehow found the ring right before we left. We could not believe it. STEWART IS THE BEST!!!!! He went above and beyond to make sure everyone was happy! YEAH MON!!!

4  Thank Brian G
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We went tubing on in April, which happened to be during the dry season. Our experience did not match the literature put out by Chukka. Their promotional information shows individual tubes moving down the river, while we were in a "flotilla" of ten tubes tied together. (Which was needed due to the low water - the guide actually had to paddle to keep the group moving down the river.) We enjoyed our day despite the change.

Our guide was knowledgeable and friendly. We enjoyed our lazy trip down the Martha Brae as well as the jerk chicken lunch when we got back. Often this activity also includes zip lining later in the day, but my children were too young. Be aware that lunch for four was over $50.00 US and jerk chicken was the only option.

2  Thank Liz B

Travelers who viewed Chukka Caribbean Adventures-Good Hope Estate by Horse & Carriage also viewed

Falmouth, Trelawny Parish

Been to Chukka Caribbean Adventures-Good Hope Estate by Horse & Carriage? Share your experiences!