“Beautiful, Peaceful Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Good Hope Plantation
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Going to the Good Hope Plantation was the perfect activity in Jamaica. Not only, was it educational, it was also spiritual and relaxing. The location is picture-perfect and so beautiful. It was amazing to overlook the plantation grounds and seeing the cockpit mountain region from the Great House. We were so touched that we had to take a moment to meditate there in the front lawn (attached a picture) and take it all in.

Besides the magical views, the highlight of visiting Good Hope was taking part in High Tea in the back of the house, by far, my favorite British tradition. By the way, in the US "High Tea" is usually translated as a time to eat small pastries and cookies with tea. When in actuality, traditional "High Tea" is a lot heavier and usually includes meats and heartier dishes along with the tea. Anyhow, it was a beautiful experience. The service at the Great House was fantastic.

I found the people of Jamaica to be amazing and so friendly. We were also glad that we used CHUKKA as our tour operator to take us to Good Hope. Their drivers were safe and so knowledgeable. Really loved their service.

I highly recommend a trip to the Good Hope Plantation and to the Great House.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Ldominici

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We did a tour of the plantation and the view was mesmerizing. The staff who walked us through the home and explained everything in detail were extremely knowledgeable. We also did a rum tasting and were able to swim in the pool, drink real Jamaican coffee, zip line, and do an obstacle course in the trees. It was a very fun excursion.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank ChristinaMomOf3
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Stayed on the property for the week of Christmas. It was fantastic. The food was excellent. We had our own cook. The beach and beach house are fantastic. The house we stayed in was so comfortable and what a view! Great pool. Horseback riding thru the orange orchards. It's an old sugarcane plantation. Dinner at the Grand House was a memory we will all cherish forever. They provided a car/driver for the week. Great way to experience the REAL Jamaica!

Room Tip: You stay in a house with your own cook and maid.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Morgan S
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We liked everything about this tour. The people are so friendly and shared a lot of interesting facts about Jamaica. The house is in amazing condition for it's age and the climate. Beautiful views from house. We went on the horse and carriage tour, the rum tasting room and a tour of the house. Enjoyed the bus ride back to Falmouth and seeing the countryside along the way. I thought the tour groups were very well managed. There were a lot of people there, and we never felt crowded or rushed.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank usatrvl
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We enjoyed the house and the surroundings. The house, the orange wood floors, and rooms are worth seeing..However..
The lunch was not good. It was part of the excursion we bought with our ship. It was not at the house but close by.
If you can just see the house and eat on your ship, it would be well worth it. We did see the tea set up. which is served at the house,.looked OK..maybe a bit better then the lunch...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Natasha708
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed this excursion not knowing what to do while stopped in Jamaica. So glad we chose this one with a fun bus ride with most personable, John. Loved his jokes and singing. Good Hope was a terrific way to feel the romance which once darned the house and it's gardens. I particularly enjoyed chasing the hummingbirds around with my pocket camera ( be sure you take a good lense, my one regret). The food was very tasty and teas were fresh made from local herbs. The service was homey and our guide was precious! Highly recommend for a taste a Jamaican culture and history,

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Booktersbubbles2013
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This review is going to be dated as our trip was in December of 2010 but it's in response to the previous review regarding "don't buy the pottery". As with any other review, this one is MY experience so I can't comment on any others.

We did not stay at Good Hope Plantation during this trip, although I did have it pegged for a future stay in the River Cottage after we had a private tour by owner Blaise Hart who I had contacted and kindly (VERY kindly- as he was extremely busy getting ready to open up to tours; ziplines, river float, store etc). toured us around this amazing property for about 2 hours. We learned a bit about the history of the plantation and that *gasp!* my favourite store "Anthropologie" had just finished shooting for their upcoming catalogue (March 2011 The first photo upon opening the catalogue is what we saw from the Great House at Good Hope Plantation--what a glorious view! http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/images/030111ecat_preloader.swf)

Surrounded by lush greenery with the quiet only interrupted by bird calls I felt like we were lost in time and away from civilization. During our private tour I became envious of the owner …..to live in this beautiful location on a historic piece of land *sigh*-- what a peaceful and majestic setting!

Regarding the Pottery:

David Pinto of “Jamaica Clay” is the resident potter at Good Hope. As I’m a lover of unique and handmade pieces (especially when travelling as they evoke memories long after the fact), we left with a leather & clay necklace, as well as 4 beautiful & rustic blue mugs. Months after returning home I decided I should have purchased more of these mugs in order to have a larger set. I contacted him via his website and ordered more, 3 years later I have all 10 still alive and kicking (2 had died in transit but foreseeing this possibility I had purchased more than required). These mugs see daily use and are cleaned via the dishwasher –no issues and I still love them.

Both Good Hope Plantation & Jamaica Clay Pottery were positive experiences for us and we recommend at least a visit.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple