“Relaxing Vacation at Pebbles”

N-Resort All Inclusive For Adults
New York
“Relaxing Vacation at Pebbles”
Reviewed December 15, 2005

We had a relaxing stay at FDR Pebbles and found the staff exceptionally FRIENDLY and HELPFUL. I went in knowing that it wasn't a 4-5 star hotel and they surpassed my expecations. The staff and service really impressed me and made my trip fun and memorable.

Upon arriving we found fresh flowers in the room and beautiful displays on the bed made of towels and flowers.

The weather was beautiful and though we had anticipated rain for the week, it only sprinkled once for about 10 mins. The rest of the time was sunny and beautiful.

There were many activities at the resort to keep us busy: kayaking, glass bottom boating, snorkeling, sailing, windsurfing. Thanks to Renny, Skinny and Ron for taking care of us on the waters and for the sea shells!

We did go on a few excursions: the Luminous Lagoon was definitely worth $25, it was beautiful to see the waters light up at night, the horseback riding was an adventure as well as we rode the horses barebacked into the ocean

Part of the all inclusive packaged was the historical tour of Falmouth. Though Jamaica is still very much a developing country, visiting the local school children and receiving welcoming waves and hugs definitely made my experience memorable.

With regards to food: The main dining room was well decorated and we found the food to be above average. There wasn't a great deal of variety, but I was able to find something I liked at every meal. The food was healthy and offered lots of steamed vegetables and tropical fruit. The service was EXCEPTIONAL (both at the dining room and all around the resort). My water was never empty, they would immediately refill if my glass was half empty. Upon leaving the buffet line, a staff member would come help carry my plate back to my table. People remember your name and went out of their way to say Hello and ask how you are enjoying your trip.

The Italian restaurant on premise is only open Tues & Thurs, you can tell that they really do try to make your stay enjoyable and comfortable. Though it wasn't the best italian food I've had, it left me pleasantly satiated.

The Grill by the pool tied us over in between meals and offered hamburgers, hotdogs, fries, and jerk chicken.

The beach itself was nice, but not as large as I had anticipated. There are three sections, but two of the three had rocks wasn't suitable for swimming. The property next door has a famous bar and tikki hut area which has been featured in "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" as well as covers of Vogue & Conde Nast Traveler. On our last day, an English singer named Skye was shooting her music video there.

Downsides: dark rooms & mosquitos. Make sure you bring bug repellant, or better yet a mosquito net (i'm not kidding). We noticed that many of the kids had bites on their arms and legs.

Had a great time, now back to our snowy reality.

• Stayed December 2005
22 Thank NYCDi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Reviewed November 29, 2005

Having just returned from a week at FDR Pebbles, I have to say that it wasn’t exactly what I was expecting. The good: The pool is nice, the beach is small but clean, there are plenty of chairs and towels around the pool (of course, there were only about 25 families there, so you may not find this to be true), the rooms are fairly large, and most of the nannies were pretty attentive to the kids. The bad: There is no soundproofing so you hear every sneeze from your neighbors’ rooms, many of the advertised activities never took place (no games by the pool, no sand castle building for the kids, etc.), the beach grill closed the bar at 7 pm not 11 as advertised, the nurse’s station is filthy, there is a nasty sewer smell on the south end of the resort, the petting zoo is 2 goats and a rabbit and guinea pig that kids can’t pet because they bite, the kid’s activities are poorly run when they actually are run, the food is about school cafeteria quality and your kids will get sick of PB and J after 4 or 5 days, and you’ll need an umbrella because you have to walk outside to get any where (including dinner) and when it rains it POURS!

Oh, yes, and don’t let me forget to mention the mosquitoes. Whatever you do, do not go outside after dusk without a liberal coating of bug spray and take something to spray your room since there are cracks around the door frame large enough to allow insects in even if you keep all the doors and windows closed. Many of the kids ended up with literally DOZENS of bites!

We did manage to have a fairly nice vacation (met some great people), but I can honestly say that I would never even consider going back. There have to be better places for the money!

• Stayed November 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 29, 2005

we stayed at FDR Pebbles for 10 days, and it was the BEST time of our lives, nothing like it, ever! the food is outstanding, the staff even better. our nanny for our 4 yr old daughter (Tina) was supurb! The teen co-ordinators Francis, Glasses, and Leon were sooo funny and enjoyable to be around! The cooks are amazingly talanted with the things they cooked!! The dico for our 16 yr old was a blast for her, everything was perfect. We would reccomend this resort to anyone who has kids, because they will have the best time, and never want to leave, we didnt! This resort is better than a 5 star resort! :) We love you guys!! thanks!

24 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lewes,De
Reviewed August 10, 2005

I had heard many great things about FDR Pebbles and was not disappointed.. The grounds are beautiful and well kept . The rooms are clean and in good shape . They kept the fridge stocked with everything we checked on the list. We had an ocean front balcony which always had a breeze. The entire staff went out of their way to be friendly and make us feel at home. Our 12 and 15 y.o. boys got right in with the group and teen counselors and had a great time . They were evrywhere together ( pool , waterslide, snorleling ,kyacking, game room , disco , even ate together) We setup a trip to Rose Hall great House thru the tour desk in the front.They set us right up with a taxi as opposed to paying per person on a tour bus. This was our 3rd trip to Jamaica and by far the best family stay..

• Stayed August 2005
21 Thank Beached_boy
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed July 18, 2005

My husband, I, and our two sons, ages 10 and 13, just came back from FDR Pebbles on July 15. We'd been there twice before, and i'm happy to say that it's better than ever. The service was flawless, the place is beautiful and immaculately kept, they even cleared a large section of the beach of rocks, so now there's a nice , smooth, sandy beach, which is a big improvement. Moved the exercise equipment to a new location with AC, everything was working, too.

Breakfast and lunch buffets excellent, always plentiful, great fruit and salad bar, the jerk chicken at the beach grill amazing as ever! The dinner choices could be a little more upscale, and that would be my only complaint about the food. At least it's Jamaican style as opposed to bland American hotel food. My 10 year old loved the new pool slide, must have gone up and down it 100 times in the first couple of days. And where else do you get scuba diving included in the price every day? i'm telling you, this place is hard to beat, especially for families. Our kids are too old for a nanny, but if you've got little ones, you'd love it. I can't recommend it highly enough, and we're already looking forward to next year!

27 Thank Parksloperr
Reviewed July 5, 2005

Additional suggestion I can say about our stay in FDR Pebbles last week will be bring at least 2 bottles of mosquito repellant because its mosquito time when we were there,they even run out of repellants in their duty free shop.But FDR will provide you one if you probably ask. They usually spray in and out of your room.But of course at night,before you head out to dinner, spray first and bring it with you anywhere especially if you're going to Luminous Lagoon.You really have to visit this place because it's worth it.And also don't bring a lot of nice clothes because when we head out in the morning ,we're already in our bathing suits till lunch and before dinner.Then took a shower put some nice comfortable clothes or or sandals,no one will care because you're there to have a great time,not the way you look,there they treat everybody like celebrities and one big happy family.Thanks again to FDR Pebbles for giving us the greatest vacation this summer......

26 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 3, 2005

We just came back last night.We were in FDR Pebbles for 5 days and 4nights from June 29-July 3,2005. What an awesome place to stay especially for my teenage children 13 and 12 years old.They met Francis who's the teen coordinator and they have fun the whole day.Fun never stops.My husband and I had a wonderful time too especailly keeping us also busy with the games and entertainment given by Steam and Leon.The food was really great.Did not go to Sabbia Italian Restaurant because we always eat Italian food in NY.You go to Jamaica to eat and try Jamaican food.What I can say was Jamaican meal is very healthy like Jerk Chicken was the best,Braised liver and steamed vegetables for breakfast,fresh and sweet papayas and mangoes.They always have a lot of vegetables more than the meat. If you want to taste the best bread like croissant,ask for a buttered bread.Yummy!!!Vegetarians will love this place.My whole family love this place because everyone knows what you want and what you need.They even know your name.You don't get that in a 5 star hotel.You feel really at home. Guests were very friendly and we made a lot of friends.We stayed in Block 8 room 231.I definitely recommend block 8 because it's in the middle of everything.We have the view of the ocean too.Hearing the sound of the waves in the morning is always my husband's dream. We didn't get the nanny because we don't really need it.My children was always with the teen group and Francis.Thanks also to Glister who's the cook and prepared us some akee saltfish as I requested for my family to taste before we left that day.Akee is one of their famous Jamaican food.Thanks also to Vanessa who takes care of us during breakfast and lunch.She always takes care of my whipped papaya and mango fruitshake.Yummy!!Look for Troy and Carrie when you want to go diving lessons and Sally and husband to go jetskiing.Very nice people....All I can say we had the greatest time of our life for 5 days.Too many things to do but very short time we spent.We will definitely going back next year........

• Stayed June 2005
25 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Mangos Jamaica
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Royalton White Sands Resort
Royalton White Sands Resort
#16 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to N-Resort All Inclusive For Adults? Share your experiences!