“Fantastic Vacation”

and 1 more site!
N-Resort All Inclusive For Adults
Reviewed July 9, 2004

My family had a mini reunion at FDR Pebbles from June 25- July 2, 2004. There was a total of 17 with kids ranging from 3 yrs to 15 yrs...young adults, middle agers and seniors in our group.

Wonderful staff, everyone truly knew your name. the resort is the perfect size where you get to know your neighbors.

While the food wasn't the best we certainly did not starve. The kids always found something at the pool side grill.

Loads of activities...my 15 year old son dressed in a toga for the toga party! Daily power walks at 7:30am and water aerobics were my favorites as well as the daily pool games and trivia contest.

Free snorkeling, kayaking, wind surfing...must try it all!

Please keep in mind the beach is small and very rocky, you must use water shoes.

I did not have a Vacation Nanny but my cousin did and they were excellent!! Her 3 yr old twins eagerly awaited their arrival every day.

Do not forget your white T-shirts. We all tie dyed at least 3 each.

There was something for everyone, we all had a blast!

• Stayed: June 2004
8  Thank DoloresD
There are newer reviews for N-Resort All Inclusive For Adults

Galesburg, IL
Reviewed June 24, 2004

Our family of 5 stayed at Pebbles from 6/9-6/16/04 (2 adults, 3 daughters (15,12.& 8). At first we were slightly disappointed, but we wanted to cry when we had to leave. If you're expecting an American Mariott, you won't want to stay here, but you really should try this if you have younger kids. This hotel really has the Jamaican theme & is very clean. The employees really make the hotel special. Everyday is full of activities on site. There are free trips as welll (2 times a week) which are sponsored by the hotel. The poolside grill and swim up bar is open from 11 AM to approx 11 PM. It had good food (great jerk chicken).I especially enjoyed the shark attack drinks! George and the whole staff at the poolside bar make you feel so welcome. The buffet in the oceanside restaurant is served 3 times a day & is full of an abundant amount of food. You never walk away hungry! The menu always has an item or 2 that is Jamaican. The buffet is always open 2-3 hours each meal time so you have plenty of time to plan your activities around meal time. The poolside activites were enjoyable (water basketball, volleyball, triathalon, name that tune & man, many others) were always a good time! Our 15 year old was a little bored the 1st few days, but was more used to the routine by the time we left. She found her place by the pool everyday. Our 12 year old & 8 year old had a ball playing with friends. The nanny is a great concept especially if you have younger children. Our children were a little older and really didn't partake in many activities with the nanny. There is afternoon beach volleyball & t-shirt tye dying everyday (bring white t-shirts from home). The beach is small & a little rocky, but heck your on the caribbean-- it was still great!The entertainment staff was especially enjoyable. Richard was wonderful with our 2 younger kids. My kids have pictures ready to send to him. Karnel was a great teacher for the snorkeling-he was great with the kids too. Don't forget tennis shoes if you want to participate in daily aerobics and the weight room. There is also a nice game room with ping pong, pool tables, fooseball & more. The nightly entertainment was disappointing, but this isn't the Mirage. The staff really went out of their way to always try to keep new activities planned. Medford, NJ is right about the hasseling by the Jamaican's wanting to sell their goods, especially when you go on the free shopping trip to Montego Bay, but I would highly recommend the shopping trip. You get history told along the way & have an enjoyable afternoon with other guests!
Some pointers we didn't think of:
Bring an extra suicase to pack souveniers if you plan to buy some things. Boxes were hard to come by & the front desk really doesn't understand about how baggage handlers at the airport really don't "handle with care". (our items were just placed in the box, not even wrapped--needless to say - many items were damaged when we got home).

If you plan on calling home much, wait & buy a Jamaican phone card in the gift shop. Our American phone cards will not work & it was really hard to get an international operator & charge the call every time.

This is a great place for families. We would like to return, even our 15 year old says she will go back:).
We met alot of great people:other guests & the staff. We wish we would've gotten Medford, NJ's email as we got some great pics we would like to send! We would highly recommend this for families. There were couples there without their children & they said they were really enjoying themselves also.

This was really a great vacation, just have fun and don't be afraid to joke with the staff. For the Money you pay, we rate this hotel 4 Stars.. See you next year Pebbles, we wish we could go back every month.

The Nemeth's, Galesburg Illinois

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Medford, NJ
Reviewed June 18, 2004

My family (son 9 and daughter-almost 15) just returned from a 6 day vacation at Peebles. What a fun time for all of us. Everyone found something they liked to do - as the activity directors try very hard to make sure everyone is having fun, playing games and participating. The staff as extremely attentive and made me feel comfortable when leaving our kids' sides. Food was good, and very readily available - the pool grill.bar was open till almost 12 every night and it came in handy at times. Our nanny/housekeeper was more of a friend to my older daughter - as my son met so many other kids that he hung out with them and joined in all the activities himself. We took her on the trip to alligator safari (very hot but fun) and she gave us alot of info about how they live. We made a lot of friends in both staff and guests and will miss our time there. I would definately return - and even my husband who is not usually a "joiner"or "people meeter" enjoyed himself. Only real down fall was all the peddlers and harrassing from the nearby huts along the beach. Girls - get your hair braided the first day so they will leave you alone!!!!! Guys - don't look interested or they will sell you your shoes!!!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta GA
Reviewed May 29, 2004

What a great week! We stayed at Pebbles for 8 nights toward the end of May 2004. We concur that the food was not the best, this was of no matter to us because--IT'S ALL ABOUT THE NANNY!!! Our 4 year old and 12 month old were kept busy while we relaxed by the pool drinking innumerable Red Stripes and fruity cocktails. The staff was extremely friendly. Our nanny, Nicki, was amazingly sweet and caring. Please be aware that these girls work only a few months a year and, when they work, make only a few dollars a day. Therefore, they appreciate the after hours babysitting ($4 an hour) and tips. What's just a little $ for us, goes a long way for these girls.
Now, about the food--it's local food: curries (including goat), fish, salads and pies and cakes. If you want someone dressed up in a chef's hat carving a roast beef, this is not the place for you. Pebbles seems to keep the costs down by not relying on imported food. It's quite serviceable, however.
The activities can tend to be a little lame, but we were there at a slow time, so there weren't many participants and we got corralled into participating when we weren't really into it.
You may wish to ask for a second floor suite, as the upstairs neighbors can be noisy if kids are present (which is quite likely). Also, the oceanfront suites are nicer than appears on the website--it's worth the extra $$.
Lastly, the bugs were really bad. Make sure you bring not only bug spray, but also calamine lotion and benedryl for the kids.
We're going back again next year!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2004

I was taught that if it is sounds too good to be true then it probably is, but FDR Pebbles blows that theory out of the water! My husband and I and our 2 children (4.5 years and 21 months) just returned last night from a one week stay at Pebbles and we had the BEST time.
Even though the thought of having a Vacation Nanny was the main reason we chose to stay at this resort, we weren't sure if we'd be using her much. My husband and I wanted to go on one tour (Dunn's River Falls), but thought we could deal with our own children while on the property. Our little joke was we'd better take one last picture of the kids before we left since we may never see them again. We not only left the kids in Jodine's care once, but a portion of every day when my husband and I relaxed at the pool, went on tours, etc. We returned after the FREE Montego Bay shopping trip to find our son already bathed ready for bed! Now this is heaven. The nanny became part of our family and the worst part of the Pebbles experience was having to say "goodbye" to her. I would HIGHLY recommend Jodine, and maybe you can request her.

A few pieces of advice:
*Definitely take advantage of your FREE SCUBA lesson. It's a 3 part lesson (teaching, pool practice and ocean dive). I am terribly afraid of fish and don't especially like being underwater, but the SCUBA experience was the highlight of my vacation.
*When taking a look at the prices at the "Tour Desk" keep in mind that the published prices do NOT include admission to the attraction. The prices ONLY include the taxi fee. The prices are expensive and I'd recommend asking around to see if one of the other employees knows of a better deal. We saved over $100 by using an employee's friend as compared with the "Tour Desk".
*Bring plain white shirts for "Tie and Dye" which happens everyday at 2:30 p.m. It is amazing what the nannies can do with a white shirt! We brought 15 shirts with us (family and friends helped in the cause) and we loved to see the results.
*If you're interested in trying a Jamaican pattie, ask at the Pool Grille late in the morning and they will have the chef make one up special for you.

This is one vacation we will NEVER forget!

6  Thank cjmomx2
Canton, OH
Reviewed May 26, 2004

My husband and I wanted a vacation for both us and our two daughters (19 months old and 6 months old) to enjoy. Pebbles was just that. My husband and I felt that Pebbles had everything we wanted. With two babies, we were hoping to be able to enjoy a little time together and a few hot meals. We were able to do that thanks to our wonderful nanny, Ty. Ty was at our door at 9:00 a.m. with a smile and ready to go. Both of my children would get so excited to see her. I was concerned that my 19 month old was not going to be able to do much there (most things I read about were activities for older children). Every activity that was offered my daughter was included in. There is a great play room for the kids, as well as, age appropriate activities. My husband and I were able to enjoy time together, which was much needed. I read many complaints about the food beforehand and was a little concerned. The food was excellent, especially if you like seafood. A new chef come on the beginning of May and he was fabulous. The best meal was at the Italian restaurant. The chicken parm was the best I've ever had. The food at the pool bar/grill was good but the menu never changed. After a few days, I, as well as others, were bored with the menu. The rooms were nice and clean. The two room suites worked great for us with our kids. We were all able to have our own space and privacy. The bugs can be bad but just use the repellant and you'll be fine. The staff was fantastic. Everyone went way beyond to assist you. They remembered everyone's name, which was very nice. If you are looking for a vacation to go and relax and have adult time, as well as, time as a family, this is the place. It was far more than we ever expected. The price, the staff, the food, the rooms, even the other guests are all great.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
anaheim, ca
Reviewed May 12, 2004

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Hedonism II
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to N-Resort All Inclusive For Adults? Share your experiences!