“Wanted to go again but Closed Aug 4 - Oct 3”

N-Resort All Inclusive For Adults
Roseville, California
“Wanted to go again but Closed Aug 4 - Oct 3”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Was in the process of planning a return to N for a birthday but unfortunately we are going to have to go elsewhere. I was just informed that N is closing for the hurricane season Aug 4 and will reopen Oct 4. This fits with a previous visit of our where we arrived in early October to find out that they had just reopened and we were the only guests for a couple of days. I understand closing due to low occupancy, hurricane season, and giving the staff some time off, it is just unfortunate that it precludes a return for us and showing that great resort like N continues to struggle with occupancy (though Sept is low everywhere).

I still want to go back and will at some point. This is a wonderful resort, and they did go back to management to see if they might somehow accommodate us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Travel_4_Relax_N_Fun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Bay Shore, New York
Reviewed July 14, 2013

You will experience exceptional service, top notch treatment at ‘N’. My fiancée and I just returned from our first visit to the N Resort. Having visited many C/O resorts, we like to continue to explore new options. After the initial ‘shock’ of the non-Caribbean architecture that must have been inspired by Paul Bunyan’s Pocono log cabin, we found the resort to meet and exceed our expectations. The staff and service was phenomenal, they went above and beyond. My fiancée is gluten and diary intolerant and as soon we questioned the food ingredients the head chef came out to assure her that everything she ordered would meet her dietary requirements. Even with the quiet slow pace of the ‘low season’ light guest attendance, there’s plenty to do, besides the oceanfront beach, the pool, and daily entertainment, you can enjoy a nude game of billiards or ping pong (with the obvious pleasant distraction), play on the swing set, nude beach walk, hot tub, pool slide, fish at the end of the pier, or just hang out to drink and eat to your heart’s desire. The evening theme nights with fine dining of lobster and other delicious menu options, and constant staff attention to service, while musicians were playing, was great. We would certainly recommend ‘N’, and after meeting some of the other friendly guests who were on their multiple return visits validates the resorts commitment to consistent great service.

Room Tip: Oceanfront 2nd floor rooms are the best
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank pkw0410
Fort Rucker, Alabama, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Where to start. This place is AMAZING!!!! My wife and I just returned from N, Jun 10-21, 2013. This was our first time in Jamaica and at N-Resort. First off, if your looking for the party L/S environment this is not the resort for you. If your looking for marble and granite and bling, you will not find I here. What you will find is rustic, natural accommodations, rooms with natural hard wood floors, beautiful well maintained landscaped grounds. IF, however you want a VERY relaxing quiet vacation this is a must on your list of places to stay! N is about a 30 minute shuttle ride from Montego Bay Airport (MBJ). Upon arrival, the staff greeted us as if we where returning guests. Since this was the "off season", counting us there was 6 guests-3 couples! It's was great having the whole resort to ourselves. A few guests came and went while we were there and the max number of guests at one time during our stay was 20 - 10 couples. The resort has 96 rooms total. If we needed or wanted something the staff made sure we where taken care of. To include a trip into town to the pharmacy. This is a "all inclusive" couples resort (no kids) and is a nude resort, meaning that if you wish you can be nude 24/7, even while dinning. Next time we are only packing a tooth brush and maybe one or two changes of clothes. There are fresh towels available to sit on the chairs and on the lounge chairs by the pool. The pool and main hot tub are cleaned and maintained everyday. There are 3 hot tubs on the grounds but only one was filled since there was so few guests. The swim up bar is great, all the drinks are included, just be careful with the Bob Marley shots (thanks Jeffery). The entertainment staff has something planned every hour of every day. Beach walks, trivia, aquasize in the pool, theme nights, pool water volleyball, body painting, local shopping, local bands and a fire eater. The entertainment staff even took us and another couple to the club Margaretville in Montego Bay to party one night. The beach is great and cleaned every morning of seaweed blown in from the north easterly winds. The food is wonderful with great presentation, fresh fruits, fresh fish and Jamaican cuisine. The portions are perfect and they will bring more if your still hungry. The rooms are beautiful and well maintained. The cleaning staff was perfect, they made sure our towels where fresh, room was cleaned and that the bed was turned down every night. You can take pictures on the resort as long as the other guests are not in them without prior approval of course from the guests. We took over 300 pictures on our trip. We can not say enough wonderful things about "N-Resort". Thank you Freddie (GM) and your entire staff for making our stay with you unforgettable. We will be back!!!!!
Brian and Melanie

Room Tip: Bring water shoes for the ocean, there are sea urchins.
10 Thank Brian_Melanie_13
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I just got back from the most relaxing vacation we've had in years. We stayed in an oceanfront room. The Carribean was 20 feet from the back porch. The room was spacious, well maintained and comfortable. The beach was wide and kept clean by the staff, in spite of the North wind that blew in seaweed every night. Snorkel gear, kayaks, tennis courts, a 100 foot spiral pool slide, swim up bar, pool volleyball court and a friendly and enthusiastic activities staff kept us as busy and entertained as we wanted. The kitchen and wait staffs were excellent, as was the cuisine. Plenty of fresh fruit, fresh fish, and Jamacian goodies. Serving sizes were ideal. We never left hungry. Never asked for seconds. The grounds, buildings and facilities were well maintained. There is no doubt that we will go back.

Room Tip: Go for beachfront. The waves lull you to sleep.
3 Thank trpon
Pt. Pleasant NJ
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Returned early last mo. from our first trip to N resort in Trelawny,Jamaica. I expected rustic and laid back but did not expect the beautiful landscaping and garden upkeep. Another positive at this resort was the food and bar service. I've always been a champagne girl and thought I would miss the free flowing bubbly available at every other all-inclusive we've been to. But the house white here at "N" was quite nice and our gracious bar manageress kept me well supplied throughout our week's stay. My husband also has many food "issues" and both "Geoffrys" went out of their way to accomodate his desires. He had not one complaint re: food on our vacation-unheard of!! Unfortunately, the trip started off on a wrong foot when we were refused the rm we booked due to"impending upkeep/construction" As we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary(we got married at Grand Lido Braco) we were disappointed that our rm. choice was changed upon arrival. But I became furious after management placed 2 more couples in "our block".3 days into our stay. Freddie the resort mangr. was on holiday that week-of course!! so we really did not get the service we expected for the price we paid with lotsa rooms available that week for our special celebration. Also the hot tub situation was unacceptable for what we paid. I felt sorry for the Europeans who were there for 2 wks and could not enjoy any of the 3 hot tubs on site-then do NOT advertise such amenities please. But we do plan on returning at some point because it is always the staff and scenery that bring us back to our "home away from home" in Trelawny. Beautiful beach here!!

Room Tip: Blocks 10 & 12 are away from the pool area and bar/restaurant if you like to sleep in and want a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JKE11
Townsend,de
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We just returned from our 3rd visit to N and met old friends from previous trips and made some new friends. The wonderful staff at this naturist resort welcomed us back and many of them are like family to us. The weather before we left called for a rain almost every day but as usual in the carribean, it was always somewhere else. The weather was perfect,the people were great, the food was excellent and the rooms were clean. What more could you ask for. We will be back

2 Thank Ned H
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2013

To save me the time, I will refer you to a report written by RickW04. Just about everything he has written goes for me as well. There are a couple of items of which he may not be aware. They did get another hot tub going, but the following morning, it was on the disabled list again. Trouble with hot tubs seems to be a problem in Jamaica. Braco had their fill of them.
Because of the low occupancy during our stay, there was only one restaurant open at any given time. I am a meat and potatoes guy and the gourmet presentations are not always welcome. I was looking forward to a pizza on Italian night, but it was not on the menu.
Another issue at Jamaican resorts always appears to be water (i.e pressure); the lack thereof or the lack of hot water. The rooms we always had plenty of both. My wife and I always take two rooms and the room she had had very low pressure on only on occasion, The temperature was fine, but the pressure was almost zero on one day. By taking two rooms, we have our own back-up so this is seldom an issue.
Wifi appeared to be an issue with some guests. For us, this was never a problem. My computer was always on and seldom required reattaching.
None of the in room phones were working while we were there. This could be a problem if there was ever an emergency in a room requiring a call to the office or elsewhere. N should address this ASAP.
Something else that N should address is their web site. There are a number of items listed that either do not exist or are unavailable. The glass bottom boat has been out of service for over a year, but it is still listed as an amenity. In addition, there are no DVD players in any of the rooms (I think).
We always go in May for a couple of reasons; lower occupancy of both people and bugs. This year, with one day's exception, the bugs were not an issue. The day they were an issue, the flying critters were of the non biting variety.
My biggest complaint while staying at N is something the resort has no control over. N Resort is right next door to a popular spot called A Time and Place. There was one night that the noise that that resort generated made having a decent conversation near the pool next to impossible. Time and Place should have been more respectful of their neighbours. The noise (about 100 decibels) continued from 4:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. the next morning.
I took plenty of photos (the proper type) and I am trying to get them out to everyone for whom I have a E-Mail address. Rick, I don't have yours, but I thing I can get it from Denise.
I have tried to post a few on this site, but each time I do, the site crashes. I will submit this without photos then come back and try to attach a few.
Many who have been to Braco will probably remember the painted rocks. One of our activities was to pain our own. I was a lot of fun.
If any of you plan to go and if you plan to have a massage don't use the hut out on the pier. The best place is among the palms between blocks 7 and 10.
Hope to see a few of you next year at the same time.

Room Tip: Each block has two room on each floor that are adjoining. For the little extra, booking adjoining r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LPOJIBWA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Mangos Jamaica
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall

Been to N-Resort All Inclusive For Adults? Share your experiences!