“Excellant service, food, and location”

N-Resort All Inclusive For Adults
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Our first trip to a clothing optional resort, must say it was a great experiance. The service from all aspects was excellant. Beginning with the staff knowing our name by the end of the day to the food. Hotel was clean rooms were cleaned twice a day. Pool bottom needs a little re-surfacing but that was the only negative we encountered. The other guests were friendly and its was like vacation with old friends. Special kudo's to Geoffery, Martin, Sanchez, in the restaurant. Greg and O'Wayne E.D.'s, and Kadesha, Andre, bar staff, and all the wait staff. Thank You for making our visit a memorable one hope to see you soon.

Room Tip: Any room in block 7 or 8
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank windyn1964
There are newer reviews for N-Resort All Inclusive For Adults

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Another great trip to N. The staff and food were great and again the folks we met were wonderful. A lot of them had been there before and had come back for a return visit. The staff remembered us from last May and it felt like we were all one big family

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
25  Thank Ned H
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We made our first trip to N September 23-30. Friends of ours have been a few times before and highly recommended N Resort. I'm glad they did and we look forward to returning.

The facilities and rooms have been pretty accurately described in previous reviews so I'll try not to repeat that. The curtains are very sheer. Bring a sleep mask unless you want to wake at sunrise. The AC worked fine but housekeeping has a tendency to turn it off after they clean. Go back to the room and turn it on an hour or so before you're ready to return to your room before cleaning up for dinner. Twice we had very little hot water for showers but that's pretty typical of most Carribean locations. We never lacked water pressure. The bugs didn't bother me at night but made a feast of my wife. I found the mosquito netting confining and did not use it. The large gaps beneath the doors and at the ceiling beams easily allow the bugs in.

We arrived at MBJ on Sunday and found our shuttle. That was a bit confusing but my wife figured it out. The bus ride was quick and uneventful. The driver pointed out various sights along the way and shared a bit of history. N was the first stop so we we're only about 35-40 minutes away. Consensus on the bus was to skip the obligatory beer stop, which was nice.

We were quickly checked in by Michael and met Greg the EC at the same time. Antoine took us to our room and showed us everything we needed to know. He also gave us a card to complete so housekeeping would keep our mini-fridge stocked to our liking. We undressed, put on our sunscreen and headed to the beach grill for some lunch. There we met the other two couples that were staying at the resort. The men were wrapped in towels and the ladies in cover ups. So, we figured when in Rome...Actually, that was fine with us because the soup is hot.

At first, I was hesitant with the low census, but it actually worked out great. You had personal service like I've never received before. By Tuesday, two more couples had checked in and one checked out bringing the total population to eight. Saturday three more (all friends) checked in and another checked out bringing our maximum number of guests to 12. If your looking for a lot of activity you'll be disappointed this time of year. If you're perfectly content (as we were) to laze on the beach and read a book, you'll love it.

Obviously, it makes no sense to open three restaurants with such a small crowd but we never felt there was a lack of variety. Jamaican night and Beach Party night were served buffet style. The other 5 nights were somehow themed (Italian, seafood, etc.) and served ala carte from a pretty extensive menu. One couple was staying more than seven nights and did mention repetition of the menus. Of course, if you want something special just ask. Dinner was available from 6:30 to 9:30 and the location would vary. Unplanned, it seemed that everybody showed up to eat at the same time. We usually ended up pushing all of the tables together and having a group dinner which made for a great opportunity to get to know our new friends. Breakfast was from 7:30 to 10:30 and lunch was 11:30 to 2:30. Both of these meals were served in the beach grill from a pretty extensive menu with daily specials. Meals were made to order. Special requests were always taken and a small buffet with soup, salad, cheese and sweets accompanied lunch. For breakfast there was also breads, cereals, fruits, yogurt and what not in addition to the meal you ordered. A cup of Blue Mountain coffee, a short naked walk on the beach and a quick dip with the stingrays is now my favorite way to start the day.

Back to day one. After lunch, we headed to the beach for a bit and then explored the property. We asked one of the housekeepers where the gym was. She walked us over and then turned us over to Greg who showed us the gym and pointed out a few other points of interest like the piano bar & the disco. Then we met Jeffrey, the assistant chef and Geoffrey, the bartender (more on him later). We returned to the beach for a while and decided it was time for a drink. I asked the bartender what he had for vodka and whiskey or bourbon. Pam, the beverage manager immediately stepped in and asked what we liked. Absolut is my wife's preference and Jack Daniels is mine. Pam grabbed her keys and said "I'll be right back". Within minutes there was a brand new bottle of JD and Absolut at the bar just for us. In fact they usually kept them under the bar so if anyone else wanted it they would have to know to ask. Otherwise, you'd get rail liquor. Right now, Pam is my favorite staff member.

I'm not going to give a day by day blow by blow, but I will point out some highlights. On day two we're back in the room after breakfast. I'm on the balcony and housekeeping has come to clean the room. Sorry, but I don't remember the ladies' names. Anyway, they have the front door propped open. I'm coming in from the balcony and the wind and opened doors create a vacuum. The balcony door goes slam and there is glass all over the place. Immediately, the housekeepers & Antoine are cleaning up the mess and helping us pack our things to move to another room. These folks are top notch.

We didn't make it to the Luminescent Lagoon but talked about it. We didn't do the walk to Red Stripe Beach but talked about it. We'll do those on another trip. We went over to Time-n-Place one night but it was already shut down. Again, next trip.

Piano Bar night with Barry & Jamaican night with Geoffrey's band were our big indulgences and a lot of fun. Otherwise, we pretty much shut down after dinner. If you're looking for night life, it's non-existent this time of year with such a small crowd. One night a couple tried to rally the troops for a late night, drunken waterslide competition. Fortunately, my wife, the nurse, allowed common sense to prevail.

Lots of staff to send out kudos to:

Freddie (the manager) - I've read mixed reviews and didn't know what to expect. He's a great guy. He expects the best of his staff because he wants the best for his guests. He'll do anything in his power to ensure that you are happy.

Kadeesha (at the grill & on the beach) - Pregnant and all, Kadeesha kept our drinks full all too often. One morning around 11AM, I'm on the beach reading my book and my wife is in the gym. Kadeesha brings me a Jack Daniels and an Absolut for my wife. I tell her that I'm not ready to start drinking that early in the day. She replies that this is the last of the Jack Daniels & she wanted to make sure I got it. Graciously, I accepted the drink since I didn't want it to go to waste. She's a real sweet heart.

Geoffrey (the bartender) - I can't say enough about this quiet gentleman. At 4 o'clock on the same day when Geoffrey starts his shift, he brings my wife and I drinks and apologizes. "This is Jim Beam, but we'll have Jack Daniels by dinner time". And sure enough we did. During Geoffrey's shift we never wanted for a thing. He'd make sure that we had beverages at the dinner table and even kept shuttling drinks over to us during piano bar night. But there's a whole different side to Geoffrey. Jamaican night he brings his reggae band to the resort and assumes a totally different personae. Strap on the bass guitar and the man I thought was an extreme introvert becomes a strutting showman. Geoffrey is also a medicine man. When he noticed the big welts on my wife's legs from the bug bites, he instructed her to stop by the bar. He had the remedy. After applying a bit of over proof rum, the welts started to shrink. Geoffrey is also quite the pool player.

Alecia, Mehgan & LaShandra (forgive my spelling, she always forgot her name tag) - These three ladies waited tables at breakfast, lunch & dinner. They were always a step ahead and made sure that we never wanted for a thing. They always had smiles on their faces and would do anything to make sure we were happy. Alone, these three make us want to return to N.

Greg (the EC) - I mentioned earlier that Greg was one of the first we met. With so few guests their wasn't much need for entertainment but he sure tried. He took a bunch of us for a morning walk. The TV wasn't working in the gym so Greg would go up and talk to my wife while she walked on the treadmill just to keep her company. Greg ate many of his meals with us and just did his best to keep us happy. He's very mature for 22 years old and a pleasure to be around.

Sanchez (at the beach grill) - Even though he is a poser Yankee fan, I still really enjoyed Sanchez. He always had something good whipped up for breakfast and lunch and his soups are delicious. Sanchez...not much of a pool player. His sidekick Steven wasn't as talkative but sure knows how to cook.

Nadeane (kitchen staff) - This quiet country girl always had a huge smile on her face. We got her to play pool one night. She had never played before. We had a joy with her.

Amando (the bartender) - Amando was always there when Geoffrey was not and made sure our drinks were always filled. He's a quiet young man & opened up a bit more our last couple of days there.

Jeffrey (the assistant chef) - Jeffrey would always stop by after lunch with a big smile on his face. He took pride in telling us what wonderful delicacies he was working on for dinner.

Pam - I've already mentioned Pam but I'll thank her again because she always made sure the bars were properly stocked.

I'll mention a couple of facts but please don't think they're complaints. Phones don't work (didn't need them). There aren't DVD players in the room. Fortunately, my wife brought her portable for her exercise videos. TV service is iffy. Pool water was cloudy, but it was shocked, skimmed and chlorinated daily. Glass bottom boat is beached with no motor. Some folks might be bummed out by these things but they didn't bother us in the least.

We had great weather. One afternoon we had some liquid sunshine with heavy thunder & lightning. We just made the best of it and we all started drinking a little earlier. On departure day it was cloudy which made leaving paradise just a bit easier. The private Lincoln Towncar that Freddie had arranged so we didn't need to fool with the shuttle was icing on the cake.

The staff and service is what sets this place apart. There was discussion of some upcoming changes. I wish everyone the best and do hope the level of charm is retained and we'll keep coming back.

Room Tip: Prefer second floor for quiet. 240 & 237 are primo.
22  Thank Jim R
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were at the N-Resort from Sept 4 to Sept 12. We were in block 10 that had a magnificent view of the sea and beach from the balcony. We were on the second floor and given the lack of insulation the room did not stay cool during the heat of the day but the A/C worked great at night. A ceiling fan would be a welcome addition. We found it very relaxing to listen to the sound of the ocean at night which you could hear even with the A/C on. Our suit was simple, rustic and comfortable enough since we did not spend much time there except to shower and sleep. The shower had great pressure and never ran out of hot water. The only down side were the mosquitoes during the evening so be sure to bring repellent.

The pathways that go throughout the resort are very lush with tropical plants and trees, the grounds are well maintained. We enjoyed the pool and swim up bar. There is limited shade so that may be an issue for some when the occupancy is high. We enjoyed the water slide and volleyball in the pool for which water shoes are needed. The beach has some seaweed which the workers keep under control as best as can be expected. The water was very clear and warm but there were a lot of rocks to avoid so bring water shoes or fins. We snorkeled almost every morning and swam the reef lines which are just rock beds covered in kelp with no coral. There were a few fish to see along with squid, octopi and spotted rays.

The other reviews are spot on in detailing the great service and the friendliness of the staff. The staff is very accommodating. Since the resort was slow all meals were off the menu except for two dinners that were buffet style. For us the food was fine, we always found something to eat that we liked. There were top shelf spirits that ran out during the afternoon and evening. A chat with Freddie, the GM fixed that for the most part.

This resort is a great alternative to other adult resorts in Jamaica. Everyone gets along and has a great time without the open promiscuous behavior. The drinks and the food are better than any of the other comparable priced resorts we have visited. It is true that the resort needs updating. This trip was still a great time and a better bang for the buck. This resort is not smoke free, so don't be surprised if people smoke. Also know that clothing is not required in any of the restaurants or grounds, for meals you only need a towel to sit on. Most couples did cover up some for meals. This is a nude resort so if you want hang out covered up or are offended by someone eating in the buff you would be better off to go somewhere else.

The only down side to our trip was the low attendance which is expected this time of year. During our visit there were only 4 to 5 couples there including us. As long as the prices stay about the same we will return when it is likely there will be more couples there.

Room Tip: Block 10 has the best views but is the most expensive. Try block 8 if you are on a budget.
10  Thank vm09
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We booked a four-night stay in early August. I read many reviews online, and overall they were very positive. This was our first "Nacation" and while we'd gone to a nude beach before, the all-nude resort was something new. The resort is very close (30 min) to Montego Bay airport, in Trelawny. The reception was quick and painless, and while it's not the most elaborate reception area, I thought it was just fine. We were shown to our room, which was an end unit on the second floor. The Resort is setup with a number (12, I think) of large cabin-like buildings that are wood-sided outside and in; this is a big change if you're used to the concrete/cinderblock construction of many Jamaica resorts. My only issue with this was that the walls weren't all that noise-proof.

The room was large, and had a queen bed, a smaller daybed, and a daybed on the balcony as well. The TV worked only intermittently, and the phone was totally non-functional. The bathroom was adequate, with plenty of towels, soap, shampoo, and a hair dryer. We did have several mornings in which the hot water was not working, and needed to be fixed. It seems they use solar water heating, and the booster that brings the water up to temperature was on the fritz. The A/C was individually controlled. There was a small mini-bar, and the staff stock it based on your selection from a drink list. It was basic, but a nice touch; pepsi, sprite, ginger ale, sparkling water, beer, etc. They also provided a small rubbermaid container of water, which was somewhat odd, but better than nothing.

While the bed had an insect netting around it, I'd strongly recommend bug spray, and lots of it. At night, they were brutal, and we suffered for 24 hours before we were able to get some bug spray from the gift shop. The bed was very firm, and not at all to my liking; I ended up spending most nights on the daybed, which was a foam mattress. I'm pretty picky about beds, so this may not be a big deal, but it definitely made the room much less enjoyable for me.

Our time of visit was in the "down" time, and there were only four couples when we arrived, the following day two left, and there were just two couples for a day, followed by an arrival of another couple the day before we were to leave. Some may enjoy having the place to themselves, but I did not. Since all the staff were clothed, it was somewhat odd to be at a naturist resort nearly alone. As an additional issue, the food service started out a bit rocky. Since it was a "down" time, the small bar/grille was where we had breakfast and lunch, and dinner was served either at the pool or on the patio. I was expecting more options, and was somewhat disappointed. The food we did have was well-prepared, though "Italian" night left something to be desired. The literature stated that the grille was open until midnight, but for the first two days I had a hard time getting any food outside of the assigned mealtimes. I had to have a talk with the chef, and then things improved. I didn't really like the feeling of putting the staff out; I would have preferred if we were afforded the same level of service as when the resort was at a higher occupancy.

The beaches are nice, though you do have to be careful of the rocks that dot the beach; the depth is great, and I was able to walk out to water that wal well over 5' deep. There are three separate bathing areas. One thing that was somewhat odd is that on either side of the resort there are public beaches...or at least beaches that are not controlled. On a number of occasions we saw children and teenagers playing on the jetty, and at one point a father and his three or four kids walked right across the beach from one side of the resort to another. I found this to be totally unacceptable.

Our host was Owayne, and he did a good job of helping us find a few things to do here and there, including some tie-dye and trivia, which was fun.

We had a massage, which is done on the jetty in a series of small huts. As Spas go, don't expect much, however the massage near the ocean was nice.

Overall, it was a new experience, and thought we enjoyed it, I think it would have been a bit better if the resort had a higher occupancy. We were told that the time we arrived was the slow season, so we might try it again during a more attended time of the year. The resort, overall, is somewhat old, so don't expect high-luxury, but it definitely has the unique naturist aspect if that's what you're looking for.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank coolcookery
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed at N-Resort from the 31-August to 10-September. Words do not do this place justice. To be fair, we like a laid back environment with the idea of focusing on relaxation and a drink in our hands (my husband prefers sodas). Even the smallest whisper of wants were heard. Our room was literally on the beach where you could walk out in the morning and see the occasional sting ray feeding in the waters. My husband said that this was the longest I have ever stayed still in all of our 30 years!

If you are looking for a 5-star resort with over the top amenities, then you will not be happy. If you are looking for an adult retreat, where you can relax, goof off, and enjoy a naturist environment you will believe you have died and gone to heaven. To be fair, we went on the off-season, which for us - is preferable. The amazing part is that the service never suffered because of this. We still had entertainment, activities and a full service restaurant.

The first positive is that the resort was the first stop on the route. As soon as we got there, we were shown our room and then taken to the poolside restaurant to get us fed. O-Wayne patiently waited while we ate and then promptly gave us a tour of the property. The property is lush, secluded and the buildings have a rustic feel to them. Because we prefer to come during off season, many of the smaller shops and such were closed. We were assured that should we want to use the facilities, they would open for us. While there, one of the guests requested and received a seaside massage (and she did look quite relaxed afterwards!)

The room was cleaned twice daily. In the evening, the mosquito net was opened and from the response of the other guest, sprayed for mosquitoes (no smell was in the room). The food was good and plentiful, and if you wanted something to snack on during the day, the staff was accommodating and willing to help! If you wanted more in the fridge, they would stock to you specific desires. Including extra bottles of your favorite beverage if you so desire. I do not like super sweet drinks and each of the staff members would know not to add the simple syrup to my drink. They remembered what you ordered to drink for lunch and when you sat down - it was there without asking!

As an early riser, the resort would open the exercise room up early so that I could work out and allow my husband to sleep in. Then, when I decided to take an early walk, Greg got up early so that I could walk in the morning (6:30 in the morning!). We were rewarded with seeing two octopi in the grass. We both got to touch one of them!

Some memorable moments: Dancing with Geoffery during the entertainment, knowing that Colette was willing to put sunscreen on my back first thing in the morning and being rewarded with a big hug after her few days off! Sampling all of the different foods that Jeffery had to offer and knowing that whatever I asked in terms of special seasoning or style, he would comply and it would be good. O-Wayne playing volleyball in the pool and his laugh when he hit it over! And best of all - the waterslide! That was a blast!!!!

I disagree wholeheartedly with any of the reviews that talks about Freddy being rude. He is business-like and professional. He demands that the staff caters to the customer and does so well. He never was rude or overly demanding at ANY time.

The property is still in need to fixing up, however, unlike many of the resorts in Jamaica, I believe that N-resort is one that is on it's way up rather than in a state of decline. If you go with the understanding that this is more of a simple design with great staff, good food and great atmosphere, then you will not be disappointed! I cannot wait until next year when we go back!

To see photos of the property - look at my review for N-Resort all inclusive for adults.

Room Tip: “Rooms in bungalow 10 are the best on the property if you want near the beach. Be sure to bring wate...
4  Thank mommydba
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Room Tip: Rooms in bungalow 10 are the best on the property if you want near the beach. Be sure to bring wate...
12  Thank mommydba
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Hedonism II
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to N-Resort All Inclusive For Adults? Share your experiences!