“TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT! Not worth the money!” 1 of 5 bubbles

and up
Luminous Lagoon Night Cruise in Jamaica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Glistening Waters Hotel, Restaurant & Marina. Situated along the Northcoast of Jamaica, and located in beautiful Famouth, Glistening Waters Luminous Lagoon is known around the world as Jamaica's only night-time attraction! Come out and experience what nature has to show you at this remarkable spot, where you will witness a phenomenon that only occurs in certain parts of the world.
West Palm Beach, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT! Not worth the money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Nothing like the advertisement! So...I took my girls along with two of my friends. I am so glad that I got a good deal because I would have been truly upset! The boat we went on was flooded and messy. I felt dirty. The water does glow but not excessively. It's too dark and truly muddy. yuk! standing in the mud was not fun at all. I couldn't wait to get back on land. My girls had to go straight back to the hotel to shower. Oh, they don't mention this but if you don't have a special lighting camera you can forget taking pictures. Definitely not worth any money at all so save yours!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Aj C

• Polish first
arima
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“highly recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

The photos do not do it justice. The tour was one of the highlights of my trip. We did the tour in September and the bio luminescence was so bright it was surreal. It was amazing to experience this natural phenomenon.When asked if we wanted to swim in the lagoon I had to jump at the opportunity although I am not a strong swimmer. But there were life jackets available to those that wanted it.

The water was surprisingly warm with pockets of cold (from the river). It was amazing the see the sparkles around you as you moved in the water.

My only con was that the tour could have been longer and persons should have been allowed to stay in the water longer.

Also important tip....the waiting area behind the restaurant is mosquito infested, no fault of the establishment. This was due to the location. They tried to light candles etc but I would high recommend that all visitors walk with insect repellent. Please apply liberally. Once you start the tour the mosquitoes dont bother you and you should be fine.

1 Thank bluwaters17
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“January not the best time of year for seeing the "glow".. but still a great adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We "got the glow" as our boat captain kept telling us, but unfortunately January is not the "strongest" time of the year to experience the glowing phenomenon. Due to rain and temperature the luminous glow wasn't very bright. We saw it but it was very faint. More like little sparkles in the water. We still had a really good time on the ride on the boat and time in the lagoon. The moonlight off the lagoon is beautiful. Getting in the water in the dark was scary, lol but fun! Be prepared to get muddy! The bottom of the lagoon is very think gooey silt. And listen to your boat captain.. DON'T dive in! LOL You will get stuck. All in all even though we didn't get the full effect of the Luminous Lagoon we still had a good time checking it out.

Visited January 2013
Kitchener, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Glistening Waters/Luminous Lagoon....WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

My mom and I travelled to Jamaica from September 1-8 and went to see the Luminous Lagoon/Glistening Water. From what i've heard, this is the best place to see this natural phenomenon (as it only happens in Bahamas, Indonesia, Puerto Rico and Jamaica). It seems it's a hit or miss type thing since it can't be rainy (or rained during the day), and it can't be a full moon...darker the better to see it. When we got into the boat (about 20 in our group), the motor in the boat "disturbed" the water...big time, and created such a blue light in the water it was amazing. Unfortunately our pictures didn't work. We had a few swimmers in our boat and when they jumped in, their body's glowed, mostly a yellow light, but it was probably the coolest thing i've ever seen. Truly amazing. If you can book this...do it the day of the tour to ensure you can go on a day it doesn't rain. Highly recommended, the staff were very informative and wonderful!

1 Thank Linsie
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Nature's Beauty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We happened to be there after some heavy rain, but could still see the glow in the lagoon. The tour is about 45 minutes to an hour and swimming is optional. Those swimming will probably see it better because as you stir up the salt water the microorganisms living below are disturbed. We were offered a complimentary rum punch on arrival. There are only three places on earth to see the phosphorescent effect in the water. Some cameras may not be able to capture it, but they do offer you the chance to buy photographs after the tour. We were staying in Montego Bay so for us the drive was less than a half hour.

1 Thank belle82375