“Perfect.”

and up
Luminous Lagoon Night Cruise in Jamaica
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Glistening Waters Hotel, Restaurant & Marina. Situated along the Northcoast of Jamaica, and located in beautiful Famouth, Glistening Waters Luminous Lagoon is known around the world as Jamaica's only night-time attraction! Come out and experience what nature has to show you at this remarkable spot, where you will witness a phenomenon that only occurs in certain parts of the world.
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Me and my fiancé recently spent a week in Jamaica. It was my first time south, however he is a seasoned traveller. On a whim we decided to book a trip to the luminous lagoon to break apart the day, since after a long hours in the sun, we usually retired to our room early. We had some minor complications with the booking, as sun wing needed 6 people to ensure the trip would be a go ahead. Everything turned out fine, and our bus driver to glistening waters was fantastic . We expected only a mild glow from the water, however we were amazingly surprised. Our boat captain, Gerry (the only Gerry in Jamaica) was absolutely awesome. He explained everything very well, was extremely entertaining and. Amicable. I didn't swim the first time we went, and because I regretted it so much, we went back two days later. The entire experience was life changing for both me and my fiancé . It was undoubtedly the most amazing thing I've ever seen. The water lights up like glow sticks have been broken into the water. It was absolutely gorgeous. If you don't go, you are 100% missing out on a world wonder. We are now thinking of getting married at glistening waters, as it was not only a highlight of our trip , but an unbelievably romantic excursion that made our night one to remember .

Write a ReviewReviews (1,801)

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was truly amazing. went on the boat, water was warm and shallow, but very sludgy at the bottom... The water lights up.... fantastic..

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We just returned from Jamaica and we took this tour last week. We booked with JTL and the experience was absolutely not worth our $55US each. We landed at the glistening waters dock, had a complimentary drink offered and then went on a boat out into the lagoon. We stopped and the driver said we had 10min to swim in the waters, but be careful about the very muddy bottom. When I asked him how deep was the water, he said about 3 feet so there was no way I was going to swim. The people who did said the bottom was extremely muddy (including my husband) and was not comfortable for swimming. I assumed that since the driver gave only 10 min to swim then there was more to the tour- perhaps a ride around the lagoon to light up the waters etc. No- he just stopped the boat in another location close by and explained some Jamacian history and the location of Falmouth nearby. Such a disappointment, especially since others I was speaking with at our resort took the tour from the beach of our resort (they utilized a speed boat) and were amazed by the light from the water (speed boat's motor stirred up the water more). Overall complete dissappointment- I was better off just looking at the brochure! Don't waste your money unless you want to listen to bus drivers, tour guides, and boat operators continually ask you for a tip!!

2  Thank busymomCanada
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had a really nice time. It was a beautiful, warm evening as it often is in Jamaica. :) I was taken there by a very nice, private driver. I was staying in Runaway Bay. So I think the drive should have been about an hour. I'm not sure because we made a stop along the way. I went with a local friend; who had worked at Glistening Waters in the past, and was happy to share the experience with me.
The tour guide, was funny and knew his information.
The boat ride through the lagoon was peaceful, yet exciting. As the boat was gliding along the water, every ripple was glowing.
It was really quite pretty!
At some point, the passengers ( me included) slid into the lagoon for a sparkly swim.
The water was warm and shallow. If you chose to stand, the ground beneath you slipped away and surrounded your feet and legs in soft, clay like, earth. It was dark, except for glowing, dust gems, as people splashed in the water. You really must go in the water to thoroughly get the benefits from this special place.
I mostly swam and splashed about with my friend. :) It was an awesome experience! I'm very thankful that my friend shared this with me! :)
It was really quite magical!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I booked this via viator.com, payed about $55 a person which included pick up and drop off. I visted the lagoon on April 3 2013 Some family arrived the same time as I by taxi and only payed $20 per person. First let me warn you if booking via viator they use a car service called holiday service for transportation to the lagoon and back, holiday service sent out and unmarked vechile a honda crv but no need to be alarmed the driver had the uniform on to identify him and he was very nice. It is about a 35-40 ride from Montego bay. When we arrived I was not aware that we were not going to be riding with the glistening waters tour. Instead we drove up in a dark back road which had a dirt parking lot with a bar and locals hanging out. Nothing pretty about the bar but you are not there for the bar any way and you recieve a strong cup of rum punch upon arrival. We went on a small boat that was low the water lit up blue as we touched it it was amazing. When fish jump out the water you see them lit up in blue lights. I would recommend seeing it you will be amazed. Just one word of advice check the moon calendar before going to much moon light makes it impossible to see this happened to me in Puerto Rico.

3  Thank drewv750