“Great view over the reef”

The Cool Spot Bar & Grill
Ranked #15 of 24 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great view over the reef”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We ate here twice and enjoyed it both times. You have to watch out carefully as you drive along the highway to find the turn into the service road. Our first visit was early on in our holiday and we watched the birds wading in the shallow water at low tide while eating a very tasty soup for lunch. The second time was our last Jamaican lunch before flying home; delicious fresh fish picked straight from the ice tray, and the rice and peas garnished with a vivid yellow Scotch Bonnet chilli. This time the entertainment was provided by a rather expert kite-surfer. Friendly and efficient service, and the opportunity to put a toe in the water. A fitting finale.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Kate B

Bloomington, Illinois, United States
“Generally alright”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

As a restaurant, the food was pretty good. I found the jerk to be a bit spicy, but my husband thought it was great. I thought the beach seating area was nice. Overall, my ranking is based on the food, ambiance, service, and the beach area. If you have a rental car and can make the trip to Greenwood to visit this restaurant, I'd recommend it.

Cons - this place was recommended by our villa as a beach. Hmmm... not really. The beach access was about the size of my front yard. Maybe 50 yards long.
Price with dinner for 2 and 1 alcoholic beverage each - $68. They do accept credit cards.

• Visited July 2012
PHila PA
“The Cool Spot”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

We tried the Cool Spot because we wanted to eat somewhere local but we were not impressed at all. The jerk chicken was better than we had the resort we stayed but the grilled shrimp was overcooked and mushy. The bammies were flavorless. The price wasn't bad, I guess - we paid about $35 US for our lunch (2 of us.) I guess I expected better fare, and by the way, there are two prices ( one for the locals and one for tourists) I definitely didn't like that!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Alberta W
Union City, New Jersey
“Cool Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Nice people, simple place, great view with tables sitting over the ocean

Visited March 2012
Leamington, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“nice place allright food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

we stayed at reef watch and Hubert recomended this place it was slow but overall good time ,great location too.They had dance there that night ,it was fun to watch the local kids dancing.We plan on returning to Salt marsh and we will eat here again.

• Visited April 2011