“Exceptional !”
Review of The Tempest Arms

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elslack
The Tempest Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Elslack
preston
“Exceptional !”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this review on behalf of my inlaws who were so impressed they wanted to leave a review but are totally computer illiterate ! They loved everything about the tempest from the really friendly and helpful staff, the delicious food and the gorgeous bedrooms! They liked it so much they are already planning their return visit! Having stayed here myself on several occasions all I could say to them was "I told you so!"

• Stayed September 2013
nitramYorkshire, Manager at The Tempest Arms, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
What a wonderful review !! THANK YOU we are so pleased the 'in laws' had a great time! We look forward to seeing them and again soon! And your selves too hopefully! Lots of best wishes the Tempest !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Cheshire
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We returned to the Tempest for I think what must be our 12th visit in the last 5 years, like other people have commented although we live just over an hours drive away its our 'local'.
After a very stressful two weeks we needed to just get away from it all and the Tempest was the only option! We booked a suite (22) and had a lovely afternoon and evening, felt like we had been away for days. As always a warm welcome with home cake and coffee on arrival. We had a beautiful meal on Sunday evening and as always too full to sample the gorg desserts! The breakfast never fails to please and sets you up for the day.......A BIG THANKYOU again to all the staff at the Tempest for making our stay so relaxing and enjoyable.
Mr & Mrs Mullen, Cheshire.

Room Tip: All rooms are of a very good standard, the club rooms are 4 star but if you want an extra special tr...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
THANK YOU Mr and Mrs Mullen it is our pleasure we are so thrilled you like the Tempest we do too! And once again thank you we are always here when you need that chill out! Lots of love from Team Tempest!
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Booked a meal and a stay overnight to celebrate our wedding anniversary and had a brilliant time, could not find fault with anything, the food, the rooms, the service even the prices were reasonable. The breakfast was excellent and a good choice, only niggle was the parking! You need a bigger car park but that's only because you are so popular! Seriously had an excellent time and looking forward to going back again and again

Room Tip: We had a room with a terrace and hot tub - a perfect escape
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
nitramYorkshire, Owner at The Tempest Arms, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
If only we could get a little more land for a carpark! If only! But please do keep trying to park its well worth it once you are in as you well know! Thank you for you FAB review!
Bretherton
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Visited lunchtime 21/09/13
Everything a country inn should be -
warm welcome, attentive service and great food.
They have gluten free bread that suits my wife who is wheat intolerant.
Can't comment on the puddings as I have never managed one. However my wife had raspberries, meringues and cream which was described as a small portion. I was massive!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely review i am so pleased the Tempest fits the bill, once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Cycled here on a Thursday night for a drink with my family. The bar was reasonably busy, however, there was only one member of staff serving.
People were getting cross with the wait and accusing each other of pushing in.
Another more senior member of staff came into the bar saw how busy it was and then left again!!!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Trombonemalone
nitramYorkshire, Manager at The Tempest Arms, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Thanks for the review our pricing is no different to any in the area and of that in the market place we sell quality Ales, wines and soft drinks at fair & competitive prices.

And usually couple this with a friendly efficient service as for the the 'senior' member of staff I shall have to look into this? I am sure it looked far worse than it was and he himself was tending to other customers in the busy dining room also.

But In our defence we usually have two members of staff on behind the bar on this evening one had rung in sick at short notice. And at this time of year it is difficult to get some one quickly to cover at short notice! So if you know of any one that wants a part itme job in a lovely country Inn serving great food and drink give us a call?

I do hope that you cycle by again and stop to give us another chance! im sure all will back to our usual standard.

The Tempest Arms
blackburn
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed at the tempest arms 20 th September in room11 with hot tub. It was lush, the room was equipped with fridge, CD player, telephone, television, iron and ironing board and hair dryer and a well stocked tea and coffee pot. These were just the essentials. There was also a freestanding extra large bath in the bedroom, lovely 3 piece leather suite , comfy towels and bath robes, box of complimentary choccies, bath salts, tea lights and wonderful steaming hot tub on the decking outside. Now I have stayed in some wonderful hotels in Lancashire and Yorkshire and I have got to say this room was absolutely fantastic.

When we checked in there is a lovely little cake stand with freshly baked cakes and cookies all complimentary for guests, what a lovely touch that was. We took a piece back to our room and demolished it with a cup of Yorkshire tea, mmm.

We ate in the restaurant at night time and the food was in abundance and well priced, it's not Michelin starred but doesn't pretend to be either. I had flat iron steak with a mountain of chips and peppercorn sauce. SSTAY CLEAR OF THE PEPPERCORN SAUCE. It could have been a disaster had I tipped it over my steak, it truly was like nothing I have tasted before.... And not in a good way. The hubby had the duck plank and had no complaints washing it down with a nice bottle of not over priced red wine. The night was a great success and the menu is gigantic.

Breakfast was good, dippy eggs and soldiers and full English with nice toast and plenty if fresh tea.

We had a fantastic time and will definitely be returning (I won't let the peppercorn sauce keep me away from this little gem). Go and see for yourself I. Sure you won't be disappointed

1 Thank robbiewilliiams1000
nitramYorkshire, Owner at The Tempest Arms, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
I will go right now and check the fiery sauce out!! It must be the winter version !!

But seriously thank you so much for your review we are so pleased all was to your liking and we made your stay so memorable (if not hot!!) We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Best wishes Martin & Veronica
Sheffield
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Husband and I recently had a very relaxing stay at the Tempest Arms, which is a lovely old inn surrounded by nothing but countryside.

The rooms are located in a separate building, just steps from a dedicated hotel reception in the main inn, which has access through to the inn's bar/restaurant.

We stayed in Hot Tub Suite 11, which is a tastefully decorated, very large room containing a seating area (sofa and two armchairs) in front of a fire place and TV. There is also a large, deep, freestanding bathtub in the room. Usefully, there is a fridge a large cupboard, which also contains the drinks facilities, and can be shut away out of sight, blocking any annoying fridge hum. The bathroom is has a huge walk-in shower, and large bottles of quality shower gel and liquid soap rather than the usual small bottles that are just enough for one wash.

French doors open out on to the garden/decked area where the hot tub is located. The garden overlooks a stream at the back but is enclosed by fencing to the sides, plus the hot tub is also covered, so the whole area is very private and not overlooked.

We managed to drag ourselves out of the hot tub just long enough to eat in the inn's restaurant, which was nice, with a decent wine menu. If they did room service I don't think we'd have left the room at all because it was so comfortable. Actually, room service would be a very good addition I think.

It might just have been me, but I couldn't get a phone signal and I didn't see any info about wifi availability, but I didn't enquire about it either so if it's important to you it might be worth checking. Personally, I found it nice to be cut off from the world so I just turned off my phone and relaxed!

Lots of thought has gone into guests' needs, making for a highly comfortable stay, plus there were thoughtful extra touches like bath salts and candles next to the bath tub, a box of chocolate truffles on the bed, flapjacks on the drinks tray, water in the fridge, and thick fluffy bathrobes - ideal for trips to and from the hot tub.

We only stayed one night but it was so relaxing we returned to reality feeling like we'd had a much longer break. Can't wait to return!

Tip - Bring plenty of tealights/candles for putting in the lanterns outside at night. These weren't provided but luckily we'd brought some along and it was so nice to have them all lit up.

1 Thank JusG
Thank you so much for your FAB review we are so pleased all was to your liking and that you had the most wonderful stay. it is so great to receive such kind words best wishes The T Team!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elslack
Rendezvous Hotel
Premier Inn Skipton North (Gargrave) Hotel
Woodlands Hotel Leeds
Woodlands Hotel Leeds
#1 of 1 in Gildersome

Been to The Tempest Arms? Share your experiences!