Verandah House
The Cedars Hotel(Stowmarket)(Great Value!)
$58
Travelodge Ipswich Stowmarket Hotel(Stowmarket)(Great Value!)
$44
Travelodge
Limes Hotel(Needham Market)
$123
Orbitz.com
$78
$62
Premier Inn Ipswich North Hotel(Claydon)(Great Value!)
$66
$134
$129
$56
$54
All reviewslarge ensuitevisiting friendsguest housewonderful hostssuffolk breakfasttwin roomcooked to perfectionfamily weddinglovely atmospherewonderful staycomfortable bedone night stayshort staycar parktown centrelovely hotelgianfranco
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We received a friendly welcome, when we arrived for our two nights stay. This B&B is very clean and in excellent decorative order. Our room was a good size, with tv, tea / coffee facilities and en suite etc. The breakfast is 1st class and if you leave hungry, it will be your own fault, as there is plenty to choose from. We will definitely stay here again, on our next trip to the town.
Ron & Sue Oct 2011

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ronc785
Neroni, Owner at Verandah House, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2011

Thank you so much for your response it is always helpful to know that we are doing things right. It gives us pleasure to look after our guests and to know they are enjoying their stay.

Suzanne

Reviewed July 7, 2011

Stayed here with friends overnight as attending a wedding nearby. What a lovely surprise this B&B was! Incredibly easy to find, Genuine warm welcome from the lovely owners. Quick and easy check in. Spotlessly clean. Lovely airy room full of character with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! Breakfast was lovely and cooked to perfection with a good choice. A short stroll into Stowmarket with choice of pubs etc. Lovely garden would definitely recommend this hotel and wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank itchyfeetSouthEast
Neroni, Owner at Verandah House, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We try and welcome all our guests into our home as if they are friends and to make them feel relaxed. We have been here five and a half years and have totally refurbished the house in that time, we are proud of what we have achieved and we enjoy the feedback as a result. We made sure that when we renewed the beds they were of a very high standard as everyone enjoys a good night sleep and a good hearty breakfast sourced locally thereafter. We enjoy seeing couples and families that come back time and again, so hopefully we will see you again sometime!

Kindest Regards

Suzanne and Gianfranco

Reviewed June 8, 2011

We selected this B&B as we were partying nearby and needed somewhere within walking distance. The room was newly decorated and there were some last minute renovations going on at the time of our stay which did not bother us but picky people may have complained. The bathroom was huge and had a bath, which is always a deal maker for me. The owners were very friendly and on first name terms with guests. Breakfast was cooked to order and we were given hot cross buns on the Sunday as it was Easter!
We had read a review from a man who complained that the car park was too small and in the event that his wife needed to get to hospital he would be unable to get out!! He then went on to complain that he couldn't get a decent bottle of whisky in Stowmarket [hardly the B&B's fault]. Car parking was tight but good humoured reshuffling of cars was only required once!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jachris
Neroni, Owner at Verandah House, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2011

Thank you so much for the lovely review. We try hard to make everyone comfortable and at ease, we have completed refurbishment of our last bedroom now. It is always good to have feedback inorder to improve the way we do things.

Kindest Regards

Suzanne

Reviewed March 27, 2011

I stayed here recently and will definitely stay again. Nothing was too much for the owner, only slight snag was Suzanne, you need to show your husband how to set the alarm clock! I have to inject myself an hour before breakfast but the owner was kind enough to knock at my door to make sure I was awake. Breakfast was very flexible which suited me because I cannot cope with a full English. The milk for the cereal was kept in a small fridge to stop it getting warm which I really appreciated. Next time my heart throb is across the road I shall be back and I shall look forward to meeting Suzanne. Thank you for making me feel at home.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank oceandeep2305
Neroni, Owner at Verandah House, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2011

Thank you for your kind comments, I'm glad you were very satisfied with everything here at Verandah House. Unfortunately I wasn't available as my daughter was in hospital! I am glad that my husband coped without me!! (apart from the alarm clock - too technical)!!

Reviewed January 29, 2011

What a dreadful little town Stowmarket is!! A high street full of Charity shops and the whole place seems to have lost its way! Trying to buy a decent bottle of Malt Scotch was next to impossible!

The hotel were friendly - they recommended somewhere to eat that was good (a pub in a nearby village - not in Stowmarket!) and showed consideration towards my wife who is disabled. The room was quite large, dark, needed decorating and was cold - the central heating didn't seem to work. The bathroom was carved out of the main room - badly - it was badly designed and, in truth, only just functional.

Breakfast was good - served in a rather anonymous room but it was well cooked (but we could have done without garlic on mushrooms!) and plentiful.

Car parking was a complete nightmare. My wife is on a list of chronically sick people who only have to arrive at an A & E to be automatically admitted. We couldn't have got our car out in an emergency which caused us boith concern.

As is so often the case in England it was overpriced for what you get. Payment had to be in cash - hasn't the 21st century reached Stowmarket yet?

Would we recommend? - No
Would we go back? - No
Was it good value for money? - Not really

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrSL
Neroni, Owner at Verandah House, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2011

Dear Sir

Dear Sir
Finding after 3 months that you decided to write your review. I am somewhat surprised that you did not enjoy your stay. You were disappointed with Stowmarket and that you could not find a decent bottle of Whiskey. I have just put some pictures of our house, inparticular the room you stayed in that you said was dark and needed decorating. As people will see it has been upgraded about a year ago, we obviously cannot suit everyone's taste, which we respect. Because of our house being a Grade II listed building we do have restrictions on en-suites, however all our bathrooms are of a very high standard. It is a southfacing room with big bay windows, one could not get anymore light in there than if it was out in the open. The view of the garden and pond is very impressive, so guests tell me.
The room has three radiators in it which each has individual thermostats which is pointed out to every guest when they arrive in the rooms so that they can put the heating set at what they feel comfortable with.

There is also a picture of the dining room which is equally very sunny and decorated sympathetically of the period of the house (Not hotel!).

Lastly the carpark is big enough for 7 average sized cars, but we do rely on guests to park sensibly in order to allow movement.

As you know having a disabled member of our family we appreciate your concerns of everyday living and our thoughts of with you re health.

I am glad you found us hospitable and warm and that you enjoyed your breakfast, and the cleanliness of our home.

We are sorry you didn't like Stowmarket it is a typical market town, and that you are not able to recommend us for whatever your reasons!

All the best in 2011!