“Lovin it lovin it lovin it!”

The Finningham White Horse
Ranked #41 of 58 Restaurants in Stowmarket
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
“Lovin it lovin it lovin it!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Recently ate here and well, I think I summed it up in my opening sentence, every aspect was fantastic! Best steak I have EVER had anywhere, the rest of the party didn't have a single thing to complain about either! Great staff, great atmosphere, great locals! Can't wait to go for another visit! Brilliant....

Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Superb, the best steaks for miles around”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Superb steaks, cooked to perfection, the best I have eaten in the UK, with home made chunky chips..............fantastic. Well worth a visit!

• Visited August 2012
Norfolk
“Fantastic food and top service with great value prices”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Hello
my brother has just moved to the area and has been to this pub for food about 6 times now and he said the food was wonderful, so we all went for a meal Friday night. My Mum was staying with me from Overseas too so we all met at the pub. A table was booked for 7.30pm and we decided to sit in an area with sofas for a while with our drinks before going to our table as we arrived early. The pub was first built in the 15th Century and is cozy and has wooden beams and is very traditional looking. The staff were very friendly and kind and the owners were there too and were chatty and very nice. At 7.30pm we ordered our food and was then shown to our table. The restaurant area is cozy too with wooden tables and chairs, it is basic but nice, traditional village pub style.
The pub was busy and had a nice atmosphere. I ordered a starter of chicken strips in bread crumbs with salad and chilli dip for £4.95 which was just the right size and very tasty. My brother had the same. My mother shared a starter which I believe was warm bread with olive oil and olives and cold meats of some sort, which she enjoyed. The starters were all just the right size.
For my main I ordered 10oz Rump steak- Char-grilled to your liking, served with thick chips, homemade onion rings and fresh salad for £12.95. I asked to have new potatoes instead of chips which was no problem at all. My steak was juicy and very tasty and cooked perfectly. The onion rings were home made and tasty and the salad and everything else was really nice. I really enjoyed the meal. My Mum had fish pie with veggies(£8.95) which she really enjoyed and hubby had pie of the week( steak and ale) and so did my brother and his partner had a fish platter with battered fish such as scampi and it came with chunky chips and it looked amazing. The food was all home made and very tasty and everyone loved their meals. The portion sizes were not small or huge but just right. We decided to wait about 20 minutes before ordering dessert to let our meal go down.

After 20 minutes we asked about desserts and was bought the dessert board which listed some lovely sounding desserts. Spotted dick, treacle sponge pudding, rocky road cake, Eton mess cheesecake etc, all home made. I went for the Eton mess cheesecake and I think it was £3.95. 2 other people had this too and it came with either ice cream or cream. I really enjoyed mine but the other 2 people said theirs was nice, but frozen in the middle. Think it must of been made and then frozen and then taken out of freezer to defrost but it had not quite defrosted fully in the middle. It just needed longer to defrost then it would of been perfect. My brother had treacle sponge which looked really nice and he really enjoyed that and his partner had spotted dick with custard which looked fab too.

So we really enjoyed the entire meal and thought the hearty home made food was very tasty and great value and quality. Only tiny neg was the slightly frozen cheesecake. The staff and owners were warm and welcoming and the owners chatted with us and we felt relaxed and at home. All the food is made fresh and from scratch and it shows. I loved my entire meal. The menu choice is small and simple but there is enough on it to keep everyone happy. The prices are very good. Drinks were sensible prices too. This pub is a down to earth family run village pub which does simple honest home made hearty pub food. I give the entire experience 9.5 out of 10. I cannot wait to go back as I had a great meal and night. I also met the owners dog which was only let into the pub after people had finished eating later that night and it was a small dog which was well mannered and did not trouble anyone. It was very sweet and very well behaved indeed. The people who run this pub have got everything right. The food, service and prices and atmosphere are all spot on. Looking forward to many more meals here in future.

• Visited June 2012
16 Thank RachNorfolk
Stafford, United Kingdom
“wonderfull”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

the service was great all staff though young were very polite and efficient and the food was wonderfull and plentyfull

Visited April 2012
1 Thank tony w
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very enjoyable fresh sunday roast”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Nice warm welcome, very polite staff.
All had starters which were nice, especiall the hot thick veg soup and cheesey bread.
All had roast beef for main, not on over sized plates, but filled with two nice slicers of rib beef that melted in your mouth, along with hot fresh roast potatoes(3) 1 new boiled, again fresh cooked to perfection sweed, brocoli, cauliflower, baby brussels, parnips, topped with a home made crispy yorkshire pudding & gravy.
Then we had nice desserts, spotty dick and custard was lovely as was the strawberry cheesecake and cream. A really nice enjoyable sunday roast with good service, And, all this lovely food for just £12.00 for three courses, only regret i wish i would of took my mums advise and had sunday lunch there sooner. Well done and thank you.We will be back soon

• Visited March 2012