“Disappointing - failed my expectations”
Review of Oriental Fountain - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Oriental Fountain
Cuisines: Chinese
Stowmarket, United Kingdom
“Disappointing - failed my expectations”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Recently changed hands, so thought would try out. However there was a
Group of 30 in the restaurant. The service was very slow with only one waitress serving. For the starter we had crispy duck which was plentiful but only one small dish of the usual vegetables and one small dish of sauce, clearly not enough for a table of six. No hand wash towels so had sticky fingers all meal. The main dish portions are small and some of the dishes were nondescript and lacked flavour. In fairness we were was asked if we needed more food, however one helping was more than enough. Disappointing !

Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
“Disgusted!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We booked a table for 15 people for a works night out. The lady who greeted us when we arrived was very moody and seemed like she really didn't want to be there.

We ordered our food and had a large variety of choice. The food took quite a while to arrive but wasn't bad at all (apart from some undercooked chicken balls that we had to send back).

However, and this is a massive however, we booked for 15 but on the night we ate it was very cold, icy and snowing therefore one of our party couldn't make the evening. The 'moody' lady INSISTED, to the point of getting abusive, that we had to pay £20 because one of our party didn't arrive.

I've never heard of this before and couldn't quite believe it. I will now make it the worst £20 this restaurant has ever earned by telling everyone I know about this experience.

Talk about customer service, I've never ever witnessed anything like this in 35 years of visiting restaurants, disgusting.

1 Thank Dainese27muk
uk
“Hit or miss”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Had a few good meals here but we had not such a nice one not so long ago has put me off going here and did put me off chinese for a while. Meals in are normally better than take aways.