Tudor Farmhouse B&B
The Cedars Hotel(Stowmarket)(Great Value!)
$58
Travelodge Ipswich Stowmarket Hotel(Stowmarket)(Great Value!)
$44
Travelodge
Limes Hotel(Needham Market)
$123
Hotels.com
$73
$62
Premier Inn Ipswich North Hotel(Claydon)(Great Value!)
$62
PremierInn.com
$87
$77
Hintlesham Hall(Hintlesham)
$135
$129
$55
All reviewstea and cakeon arrivalbreakfast was freshly cookedfour poster bedstayed for nightswould stay againfresh fruitbed was very comfortableone night stayhome made cakessuesuffolkfacilitiesloungecereal
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed in this lovely farmhouse for the weekend for a friends birthday and had a fantastic time. Lovely cozy bedrooms, huge spacious living room perfect for a lively gathering, and a gorgeous garden. The owners were super sweet too and accomodated us perfectly. We couldn't have chosen a better place to have a fun weekend party.

2  Thank LaylaHLdn
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just had the best weekend of my life at Brickwall Farmhouse. The house was beautiful and charming, I loved the interesting layout and the kitchen. The lawn was perfect for the sunny days and the Maypole down the road couldn't have gone out of their way more to make sure our friend's birthday was absolutely perfect.

Not too sure why the other reviewers say what they say but don't be put off! I thought the house was everything I needed it to be.

2  Thank Tessa T
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Brilliant place! If you're looking for a pristine, designer hotel, its not really. If you're looking for a beautiful, spacious, charming, relaxing place with heaps of character and set in idyllic countryside then this is for you. The owners are brilliant, super friendly and made us feel totally at home. We went with friends but it'd be great for big families too. I could imagine children would love the space and all the exciting things there - trampoline, pond, big garden, lots of games and pingpong room. Definitely consider going back soon.

2  Thank Markrichardsmith1
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just back from an amazing weekend at Brickwall Farm. After reading the previous reviews on here we were not expecting much but were totally blown away. Whilst it is not a 5* hotel (as some of the previous reviewers seem to have been expecting)- it is a beautiful tudor farmhouse with lots of character! Lovely warm living room, spacious bedrooms, comfortable beds and a brilliant garden. Thanks to the owners for accommodating us. Also check out the excellent Maypole Inn down the road- highly recommended!

2  Thank Isabel N
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I think that the previous reviews say it all but I have a few things to add. I stayed recently with my family (including 2 small children). We were not told however when booking that the 4 bed attic room was not suitable for small children. The stairs are very dangerous but we had no choice but to use it as the other option was for my heavily pregnant sister in law to use the room. I agree that the website which we booked through does not comply with the trade description act. The games/gym room is a joke, the table tennis table is falling apart, as is the gym equipment. None of these facilities were useable. There were no glasses or wine glasses (only plastic) so if you do stay here you might like to bring your own. You can only use one shower at a time (which is a problem when there are 12 of you staying in one house) and even then they are far from powerful. There is no outside lighting to the rear of the property which, again, we found to be very dangerous when going out or coming in with the children after dark. I must admit that we didn't find holes in the walls as the other reviewers had described but the carpets are very dirty and most of us did feel like we needed a good bath when we got home. The 5th bedroom is actually the downstairs drawing room with a small sofa bed. The room had a terrible smell which meant that the occupants had to constantly have the windows open. One last thing... We were asked to pay for heating and electricity on top of the price we were quoted for the stay. This wasn't explained at the time of booking and is something to be aware of. All in all not a great property but its in a lovely area and we did still have a brilliant weekend! I have to say also that the owners of the property were very friendly and made us feel welcome.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family