“Excellent food and great location - worth a visit”

Delta Hotel Rotterdam
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vlaardingen
Skive, Denmark
“Excellent food and great location - worth a visit”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Wanting to attend to this hotel for a long time, finally the holiday plan was made and 4 grownups was going to Rotterdam for a one night "on the way" stay at Delta. The hotel was just as expected, placed just in/by the river with a great view, rooms were nice and clean, and the breakfast very fine. We decided to spend come extra money trying out the menu of the day in the gourmet restaurant (3 dishes 30 euro), and I tell you, it was so good - the best food I ever tasted. As a plus the male waiter was really friendly, his attitude and charming smile made us all (definitely us girls!) feel welcome. Overall it was a great stay, and it's no joke that we are wanting to come back again already!

• Stayed August 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We stayed at the Delta fo 1 week. The A/C in our room was broke, but the staff quickly upgraded us to a doubleroom with connecting doors! Breakfast was very good with a nice variety to choose from and eggs, sausages and bacon wasn't overdone. Staff was very serviceminded and friendly even at late hours. We will gladly return. Very recommendable.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Scotland
Reviewed July 12, 2010

It has been 2 years since I last stayed at the Delta Hotel in Vlaardingen and I am pleased to be back. The service, rooms, comfort, style and restaurant have not lost any of their high standard during this time. I am more aware of canal traffic this time though, but it's a bit different and not an imposition. I hope I'll be back here again, it is a delightful, charming hotel with lovely staff and a fabulous setting on the Maas within a 10 minute easy walk from Vlaardingen Centrum station, perfect.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank mckaykarenj
United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Lovely hotel, lovely location with friendly and helpful staff. Particularly helpful was Receptionist Cherish who went that "extra mile" if I needed help and advice, and Stefan a waiter who made things happen, as in. we were there for almost 3 weeks and starting to get fed up with the menu. We asked if we could just have fish and chips which he organised for us, and they were lovely. A big thank you to all the staff. Patricia:)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Wetherby
Reviewed March 29, 2010

For me this hotel was good enough, with no reason not to choose to stay again.
The breakfast was very good, and had that been really important to me I would have rated as this hotel very good
My room was comfortable, but I wasabove the car park and was awoken early morning by a revving lorry- probably refuse collection.
The hotel has a nautical theme throughout, right down to the faint "formaldehyde" smell of the sea on entry, but for me it takes it a little too far with "emergency" boxes decorating the bathroom... as if the hotel is trying for boutique, but never quite getting there.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Scotland
Reviewed October 17, 2009

In the past 2 years I have made many trips to Netherlands on business and have generally resigned myself to there being very few pleasant hotels; Delta is one of those little beauties that makes being away from home that little bit less depressing.

I had booked an economy single room but it was unworkably small so I asked for a different room. The cost to upgrade was about 70% of the room price again but well worth it for space, comfort and ever-changing views of the Maas canal. I found it difficult to concentrate on work because the views of the shipping traffic that included cargo boats, speed boats and the Holland-America Line cruise ship were simply fascinating.

The hotel staff were all very friendly and welcoming and were a god laugh when I tried to book a taxi to Hoogvliet but mispronounced it as 'Hoog vlee et' instead of Hawg Flight...it's no wonder they didn't know where I was trying to get to!

I enjoyed a glass of wine on the outside decking, in the sun on both evenings. The meals were lovely and the kitchen were very helpful preparing a meal for me that was meat and pepper free. Bonus points for that!

During my stay there was a large conference in one of the rooms and a large French tour group across the lobby, but even this volume of people did not detract from the presentation and pleasantness (if that's a word?) of the hotel.

If I end up near Rotterdam again I hope to stay at Delta Hotel. The train station is about 5 minutes' walk away so there's no reason why I couldn't stay here and travel into Rotterdam. The hotel is in Vlaardingen, just outside Rotterdam. There are open spaces, fishing, water taxis on the doorstep and the town centre of Vlaardingen within a 10-15 minute walk.

For a 2 night stay in a double room with canal views, bed and breakfast and a meal and a drink on both evenings my bill was about 350 euros so it isn't at the lower end of the price scale - but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank mckaykarenj
London
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We arrived at the Delta to be greeted by a receptionist who told us she had been trying to contact us on the phone numerous times to let us know our 'luxury suite with balcony' room that we had booked was not available. She claimed that booking.com were at fault and that Delta Hotel had been trying to tell them to remove the rooms from their system. Having spoken to booking.com I have been told by them that this is un-true and having read another review on their site have found out that we are not the first people that this has happend to.
We had actually telephoned your hotel about one week before our arrival to confirm that we had the luxury suite with balcony and this was confirmed by the hotel. When we mentioned this to the receptionist she said that it was a trainee that had told us this and was incorrect to do so.
The receptionist was very apologetic and said we could have another 'river view' room (the small and basic nautilis room), VIP package of champagne/chocolates, free dinner in the restaurant and two free drinks at the bar and even offered us the room for free without even having to ask. We even asked if this would be okay with her manager to which she then stated that she was the manager.
We said we would take a look at the room. We went up to the very small room and as it was nothing like the suite we had booked we were very disappointed. Realising that even with all the 'free' stuff, this was not going to be the relaxing break we wanted we connected to the internet and booked a suite with a sauna in the bathroom in another hotel and left.
So as I said if you are prepared to take your chances, you could stay for free.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bif1800
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vlaardingen
Ibis Rotterdam Vlaardingen
SS Rotterdam
#9 of 52 in Rotterdam
Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen
#3 of 4 in Vlaardingen

Been to Delta Hotel Rotterdam? Share your experiences!