All reviews fresh fruit salad a great place to stay nice view good size steep steps business trip the owner noise town
Selected filters
Reviewed November 4, 2018

I did not choose this hotel myself but was delighted with the lovely location on the grand canal of Harlingen. The reception and restaurant area is nice and the bar is pleasant. To reach the room I was allocated first, I had to leave the hotel and walk two buildings up the street. I then had to climb the steep steps to the attic where my dark and depressing room was located. I do not really like hotels where you can hear your neighbor in the room next door snoring.

We were staying on Half Board basis and must say that the three course dinner was fine but the breakfast was below average.

On the question if I am going to stay here again, the answer is: no.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed October 7, 2018

The Anna Casparii isn't just a GREAT HOTEL in a GREAT LOCATION. What takes it up a notch are the TOP SHELF PROPRIETORS@HotelAnnaCasparii. Last week, five cousins and I joined together for a Frisian-Dutch Genealogy Tour. Our home-away from home proprietors propelled us to the next level in our genealogical search--just by listening to our stories and connecting us with experts behind the scenes of Harlingen and the Province of Friesland. The proprietors and their friendly crew listened, understood, and projected helpfulness to us. The meals are so good, we had a hard time justifying eating anywhere else! The self-service, bountiful breakfast buffet satisfied our group, even those who are NOT morning people and/or have food allergies. We will return to the Hotel Anna Casparii every time we visit Friesland. Thank you!

Room tip: Room 25 is wonderful. The top floor has beautiful views, too.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank DeborahDustman
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Booked a Superior room with city view, incl breakfast for 3nights
Its an easy walk of about 10 minutes flat walk from Harlingen Haven train station to the hotel.
We were a little early for check in but could leave our luggage. We were offered a town map and directions. Also booked a table for the restaurant.
On our return we were shown to our Room 25 on the first floor. The stairs are steep so just take your time. Its a lovely spacious airy room overlooking the canal with 3 large windows, a seating area with table and a desk and chair. There is a mini bar with welcome Prosecco and complementary bottled water. The water is replenished each day. There is a tv and the wifi is free and fast. There was tea/coffee making with a Nespresso machine and electric kettle.Our room overlooked the canal.
Our beds were comfortable and the area is quiet with little noise from the hotel as well as the surrounding area.
The ensuite is provided with a rain shower and normal shower head. serviceable with the towels being replenished every day.
Dinner in the restaurant on the ground floor was excellent. A good choice with gratis bread and spreads. The portions were a good size too.
Breakfast was excellent too. Good quality cold meats and cheeses and the iffer of a cooked egg-fried or scrambled. There was also boiled eggs. We particularly enjoyed the orange juice machine. Beautiful breads and fresh fruit salad. The coffee machine was good too.
This is a great place to stay. The staff are very good to deal with, the food was excellent and our room had a nice ambience and individual feel to it.
We enjoyed staying here and recommend it for those that can manage steep steps.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2018

I stayed in the hotel Anna Casparii three nights during my business trip in Harlingen. It is directly located in the city centre close to he railway station. I recommend it due to its equipment and very good location.

Room tip: a room of the view of the North Sea
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank tatry
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

The service is top notch, nothing is too much to ask. Very warm friendly staff at the reception and breakfast.
Room is cosy, clean, nice view.
Breakfast was simple but good.

All in all, this is a very good hotel for its 3* category.
If returning to Harlingen I would stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2018