“A perfect non-English winter”
other travelers have booked this property
The view from our terrace
7km of sandy beach outside the door! Firm comfy king bed facing French doors out to a sea view and the terrace
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The view from our terrace
7km of sandy beach outside the door!
Firm comfy king bed facing French doors out to a sea view and the terrace
Twin room - beds can be joined to form super-king bed (with separate bedding)
The dock of the bay!
Extendable dining table
Part of the massive pool.
Beautifully maintained private gardens
Sitting room seats 4 in comfort
Fully equipped including dishwasher and washing machine. Sea views while you cook!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“A perfect non-English winter”
Reviewed March 6, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

I came back to this apartment far soon than I expected. I had a bad chest infection just after Christmas and I decided that I couldn't face January in England. Flights to Faro were as cheap as ever so I booked to return for almost the whole of January, and I was very glad that I did. There were very few people about in Isla Canela but that was fine by me. The best of the beach restaurants (and the nearest to the flat!) was open and that was ideal. Ayamonte was, ever full, thriving and delightful.
It was jacket over T-shirt weather - and I had just one rainy day. Even then I was out on the large verandah because about half of it is covered.
The flat was again excellently prepared again for my arrival, and had all the equipment I needed for a longer stay. Was very sorry to leave!

Apr 14, 2017
Thanks so much! I'm really delighted you loved your visit.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Utter bliss”
Reviewed September 27, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

I had a terrific two week stay in this apartment in September 2016. Isla Canela is a new development about three miles from the fascinating town on Ayamonte, and about 50 minutes drive straight along the coast from Faro airport. The beach outside the apartment (and it is right outside the apartment) is utterly perfect, and a quarter of a mile or so to the west there is a good selection of shops (one sells English language papers), bars and restaurants. The furniture and equipment is comprehensive - I was wanting for nothing - and the rooms are light and very pleasant. There's a large balcony/terrace leading off both the sitting room and the larger bedroom, with uninterrupted views of the seat, just a few yards away. There are loungers and a good-sized table and chairs out there too. The wi-fi is free and there's a TV. I was so relaxed that - don't laugh - I forgot to go home. I missed my flight by 24 hours and didn't realise until the car hire company phoned, wanting to know where their car was. I can thoroughly recommend both Isla Canela and this apartment; best spot in town!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Position of the flat within the development.
Liked least: Having to come home!
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Sep 28, 2016
I'm so pleased you had SUCH a relaxing holiday in our apartment...but very sorry that you missed your flight!!!! If all our guests find it so relaxing perhaps I should create some kind of "time to leave" mobile alert system!
Cleethorpes, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Nothing!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Families with young children
Sep 27, 2016
Thank you Steve, I'm so delighted you and your wife had a great holiday! How kind of you to mention the welcome pack - it took me weeks to put together - ha ha! Please come again any time, it's my pleasure to have you there.
Emily M
London
“Unmissable apartment in the heart of the beautiful Spanish coastline”
Reviewed July 14, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

My husband and I have just returned from an absolutely fantastic trip to Isla Canela staying at Sueno del Mar.

Directions from the proprietor were great and it took just 1 hour to get from Faro airport to the apartment, there is safe and secure parking and entrance gates to make you feel totally secure. Everything about the accommodation was amazing, when we arrived the apartment was very clean and there was even some milk in the fridge to make a cuppa after travelling for a fair few hours! It has all the amenities you could think of making it feel like a real home from home. The rooms are all large and spacious and there was plenty of storage for us to unpack and hang up all of our clothes, as well as two large bathrooms with great power showers, which is an absolute must for me when booking a place to stay!

As you can see from the pictures the apartment faces the beautiful beach and sea, there is a great balcony with a table so we were able to have dinner outside watching the sun set. The apartments have a large shared pool that was lovely, plenty of sunbeds, a very friendly life guard and free umbrellas to provide shade, the pool is open in the morning and then closed for a few hours in the afternoon for siesta time but then re-opens until late and this was the best time to go down as the sun was not too hot and the atmosphere great!

Just a short walk away, outside the entrance gate you will find the beach, which was just fabulous, very clean and lots of shops and restaurants which open late, we would definitely recommended walking all the way along the promenade until you get to the El Paradise Beach Bar, which serves amazing tapas and affordable but tasty vino! Bombadill Bar was also a great spot for a nice bottle of wine and some calamares and fries!

During our stay we also drove into Ayamonte and took the ferry to Villa Real in Portugal and at €2 each way it is definitely worth the trip for a walk around the shopping town and stopping for a coffee and cake in one of the many cafes.

So, as you can tell we thoroughly enjoyed our trip and will be booking again for next year, it is so nice to now have found a place where we can escape from the rat race and enter a quiet and idyllic place with few tourists, amazing weather, nice food and wine and even more importantly a truly perfect place to stay for many years to come!

I would personally recommend the apartment to anyone of any age as there is something there for all, whether you want to just get away and chill for the week with a partner or friend, take a your kids for a beach holiday or fancy some alone time looking out to the sea and getting some sun, this is the place to go!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The apartment's location and the ameneties in the apartment
Liked least: Coming home!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Jul 16, 2016
I'm really delighted you enjoyed your holiday...and thank you SO much for such a full and helpful review! I look forward to seeing you again whenever you like.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing