“Honest restaurent with good food...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ristorante Caprera

Ristorante Caprera
Ranked #19 of 96 Restaurants in La Maddalena
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hong Kong, China
“Honest restaurent with good food...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

During our stay in La Maddalena we ate 2 meals in this restaurant.
Especially the starters (6 different tastes of fish) was brilliant. Furthermore we enjoyed the pastas, fresh fish (price per 100g and weighted before being prepared) and the good wine.

The reastaurant is fairly priced and the servive good.

Furthermore a 10 for honesty, since I forgot my I phone on the table and the waiter has put it behind the bar and returned it to me about an hour later with a smile :)

• Visited July 2012

London, United Kingdom
“It's a con!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

If you want to be ripped off, then come here. Otherwise I suggest you stay well away! You sit down and they come and ask what you would like. Their english is non existent to start with... so we managed to communicate a starter and then asked for lobster. The starters came and were mediocre. The lobster arrived and was very enjoyable until the bill came! These lobsters were more expensive than we have paid for at a 2 michelin starred restaurant! When we argued that that bill was excessive suddenly the owner was able to speak english. They produced a menu (would have been nice to know that there was one to choose from!) and were told that this was the price of lobster in Sardinia! Total rip off merchant taking advantage of tourists! Stay away...

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank foodieflozie
“Great alleyway seafood restaurant!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Ristorante Caprera
Great alleyway seafood restaurant!!!!

We read that this restaurant was rated 3rd..and had to give it a try...before going to n.1 on our last night in Maddalena.
What to say...Caprera restaurant is very good.
We were surprised at first since we were the only guests at 8pm...and the waitress asked us if we wanted anything to drink first without even bringing us menus. After 5 minutes the host greets us and asks us what do we want to eat!!! No menus...nothing!
I'm rather shocked but later I'll realize that this is their method. Many items are not even on the menu so your best pick is to just listen and go with their recommendations. You won't get ripped off. These guys are pros!
We started with their best vermentino on the winelist Terrae. Amazing!!!! Excellent for €25.
2 seafood starters (an assortment of 6 tastings), tuna alla garibaldina, fregola sarda with shrimps and porcini mushrooms, 2 desserts (tiramisu and crema catalana), 2 espressos and a bottle of sparkling water...€85.
if we had more time we'd definitely go back.
No wonder this place was packed when we were leaving at 930...the busiest restaurant so far at La Maddalena....and there is a reason for it!!!!

Tempio Pausania, Italy
“Fresh food for an excellent price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was in La Maddalena on Monday in April, so not so busy. After finding a few places closed I was left with Caprera after quickly consulting tripadvisor with my phone. We were 2 and we shared a mix seafood starters something really fresh and tasty if you like seafood. Then I tried pasta with ricci di mare -sea urchin- which I could not resist to try once again very good. Two glasses of wine we were charged 50 euro which for the area is relatively economical.I would go back.

• Visited April 2012
Aspen, Colorado
“Such a typical Italian splendid meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

I have been craving linguine and claim sauce ( pasta vongole) so the local I am staying with take s us to his friends restaurant, he has a lot of friends that own restaraunts but I am thankful he picked this one. Being on an island makes the seafood so fresh. Starting with calamari, not at all chewy. The vongole was so pure and perfect. I did learn that it is frowned upon to put parm on seafood pasta, or combine butter with tomato sauce. Who knew? Not me, I re ally wanted parm on my pasta!