“In the middle..”

Il Rifugio dei Peccatori
Reserve with
Il Rifugio dei Peccatori is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 98 Restaurants in La Maddalena
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sardinia is an old land. So old that the colors of nature and flavors of the food are fused in a unique and distinctive alchemy. It is difficult to explain, but when one says, "it is Sardinian", everyone understands what it means. We Sardinians have gone and looked everywhere. We went in search for small producers, those that produce fewer barrels of wine, fewer blocks of cheese, fewer varieties of salted meats. We searched for those that are not attracted by quantity because, for them, producing quality food is much more important. Now, their labors of love are on our tables, for you. We found great pleasure in searching out the finest and most authentic products, those that our surrounding lands offer us. We love that we are able to now offer these to you. We will be satisfied if, in the end, you enjoyed the cuisine and atmosphere. This is what we do. Have a wonderful vacation. Il Rifugio Dei Peccatori
Melbourne, Australia
“In the middle..”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My girlfriend and I had dinner here one night as we were told that the restaurant is known for traditional Sardinian dishes. We shared one appetizer and then my girlfriend had one serving of home-made traditional ravioli (culurgiones) and I had the traditional roasted pig (porcetto). The food was overall good, but there were two issues: the ravioli were almost cold inside (the filling was huge, I'm not talking about the quality, I'm just saying that with such big ravioli, one extra minute of cooking to warm the inside is needed) and the serving of porcetto wasn't enough to justify the 25 euro of its cost (the menu said 300g, maybe it was around 300 grams in total, but in my plate I had many pieces with barely any meat attached, if you take out the bones... maybe someone else that night had a much better serving of porcetto).
We didn't complain, quality was there, if the ravioli were warmer and if I there were a couple more pieces of pork, this would have been a 4 star review.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank enricodella

Draper, Virginia
“OK Food, OK atmosphere”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place was recommended by several folks as serving authentic Sardinian fare. It was located behind the Italian Coast Guard barracks and was obviously a place where locals go. We thought everything about it was OK, nothing special.

Visited June 2014
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Going to this resto was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had on a vacation. The best hosts on te island and made us feel like family. They helped us when we were stranded without a phone or a place to stay. They even made food that wasn't on the menu for my gf who can't eat gluten. We feasted and the food was delicious! I would go back to La Madallena just to go see them.

“Ok but slightly overpriced”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The food was good. The local dish was slightly overpriced at €25 for a chicken breast / pork dish. Additionally, a shame there was a tv. Always a minus for atmosphere if you ask me!

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Sebaslicht
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Avoid....”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We've ordered 2 portion of spaghetti all'isolana, the description was saying spaghetti with mussles, clams ect... so you would expect more seafood for 15 euro ?! but unfortunatly we were offered just some bottarga to go with it and that's it.
Service was rushed and nobody check back on us.

• Visited July 2013