“Absolutely fantastic”
Review of Castle Durrow

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durrow
Castle Durrow
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Durrow
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here recently for a wedding. I was with my children & got a family room. The room was great & had a separate little room with bunkbeds. I cannot fault this hotel. Upon arrival, I was greeted at reception by a very friendly hotel, helped to my room. I could go on & on, but it is by far one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. I would highly recommend this hotel for a wedding. Or for any break. I will definitely be returning. I fell in love with castle Durrow. The staff are so friendly, a very well run hotel. Faultless .

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank wexfordkiki
There are newer reviews for Castle Durrow

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed here recently, as guests at a wedding. The rooms are stunning, even the less expensive rooms. They are all top class, with Molton Brown toiletries and very generous bathrooms. Beds are turned down, which is always a nice touch. The food is wonderful, as are the staff. They could not be more helpful or friendly. My husband and I said both said would love to come back here for a special occasion.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. I liked the castleyard rooms as they open out onto a lovely garden and walk...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank runnergirl25
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I attending a wedding reception in Castle Durrow and when I booked my hotel room I asked how much it would be and if there was a single rate ( most of the time there isn't) I was told the price of the room would be halved ! The lady who I spoke to said it was a small double but that she would give me a half price rate. The room was gorgegous ! Not too small, in fact it was perfect !
The hotel staff overall are so helpful and charming and the hotel itself is spectacular.
The fact that I was able to stay there for a single rate made a HUGE difference to me and I will continue to recommend this hotel to others.
Thank you Castle Durrow.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank olga m
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here had a family wedding , the room we got was amazing four poster bed and so comfortable, staff were so helpful and so friendly , definately one of the best I have been in , food was amazing , excellent service ,

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Miriam210
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Myself and my husband got married and had our reception in Castle Durrow in July this year. From beginning to end the day was perfect! The Hotel setting was amazing, we had our reception drinks overlooking the beautiful gardens. The thing that differs with Castle Durrow and other venues we'd seen was the little touches that make all the difference.Our pre- reception drinks were overlooking the beautiful gardens and our guests were offered a choice of drinks on arrival, the food and service was top notch and all the staff were so warm and friendly yet so professional they just couldn't have done more for us. Some many of our guest commented on how superb the food and service was.

Many guest enjoyed walks along the beautiful and gardens and hidden trails surrounding the castle and they were beautiful backdropts for our photographer to take amazing pics. My husband is from Mauritus so we had a Hindu cermony on the 20th July in the banqueting hall of the Castle the next day. This was beautifully set up with flowers and plants from Lawlors (the local florest in Durrow), The banqueting hall was transformed into an exotic and magical place, it was like we were transported to India itself.Rose petals and candle lanterns led my walkway to ceremony spot, it was just magical and all organised by Marie (our wedding co-ordinator).

The chef in Castle Durrow put together tasty indian bites and canapes followed by indian inspired cusine that evening.Our reception this night was in Pavillion area (some weddings have a bbq here the day after weddings for family and friends). It was a beautiful setting for the reception that night positioned in the middle of surrounding Castle gardens with fairy lights running along the walls and outdoor woodburners lit. My husbands family and friends we so impressed how at how they made the Hindu wedding so authentic and special. Everyone commented on how tasty the food again was that evening.We had set up the Pavillion area to allow Indian (Bangra) dancers perform by the nearby tennis court and again we dined danced and enjoyed another evening long into the night. Marie in paticular (the wedding co-ordinator) and all the staff from the bar, restaurant, room service,chef made our 2 weddings in Castle Durrow days we will treasure forever!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hazel r
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We got married on 24th November 2011 in Castle Durrow and I really cannot say enough good things about the place. The hotel is absolutely amazing and all the staff were exceptional not just on the day but also in the run up to the big day. It really was an amazing day and all our guests commented on the food, service and how beautiful the place.. We are coming up to our anniversary and are even going back for a 2 night stay as we loved the place so much

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zoe C
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed for one night at castle durrow we enjoyed our time here, room was big and comfortable, food in the resturant was excellent! Gardens are well maintained and a delight to walk. Staff are very friendly and helpful, overall we had a wonderful experience in this delightful hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fiona c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durrow
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
#3 of 19 in Kilkenny
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
#3 of 4 in Portlaoise

Been to Castle Durrow? Share your experiences!