“Best hotel ever”
Review of Castle Durrow

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durrow
Castle Durrow
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Durrow
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Best wedding venue, best food I've ever had at a wedding, charming rooms, friendly staff and drink sensibly priced. Could not say that about any other hotel I've ever stayed at!!
I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank adamsonross

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We enjoyed two days at castle Durrow for a wedding, and we got a super welcome from Louise when we arrived the day before !!

We had a beautiful room overlooking the gardens which are stunning ,only drawback was the lack of shelf space around the sink, easy to fix I'm sure ...

Castle Durrow has beautiful grounds and a trail not to be missed one can walk for hours and its all so interesting .

Dinner that night was very good as was breakfast

The wedding went so well , food ,room and staff all contributed to a very enjoyable day !!!

We would return for a romantic weekend beautiful spot !!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to have good views and its very quiet at night
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paula O
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Helpful and friendly staff along with great food made our castle stay very special. Spent a weekend there and enjoyed browsing local antique shops and taking country walks. An iydllic setting, four-poster bed and my breakfast served in bed two mornings in a row - what more could one girl want?

Room Tip: Although all of the rooms are beautiful, I would say if you can to splash out and go for one of the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dublin23
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I recently stayed here for 2 nights while attending a wedding, and I cant say enough good things about the hotel. The staff are excellent, and incredibly friendly and accomodating. The food was wonderful, and as I suffer from food allergies the wait staff were most helpful in telling me what was suitable for me, and going the extra mile to help. Our room (over the Stables) was very spacious and clean, with a wonderful view over the manicured gardens. We had such a great time, and I cant wait for an excuse to go back!

Room Tip: We found the bedroom to be very warm, so make sure and adjust the thermostat.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carleigh27
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Spent one night at Castle Durrow and wished we could have stayed longer. We booked the bed, breakfast, and dinner rate. The room was in the main part of the hotel on the second floor and over looking the rear garden. Our room was large with high ceilings. All of the common rooms in the Catle were very nice.
The dinner in the restaurant was excellent as was breakfast the next morning. There are a lot of walking trails around the hotel which were very nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rollerboard20
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We were at a wedding in Durrow castle this Summer and I cant say one negative thing about it, The staff, food and over all atmosphere were just amazing. The staff at Durrow castle are the nicest that I have ever come across, Nothing was too much trouble for them.
Would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gharte
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I attended a wedding here recently, so just stayed overnight but I was very impressed. This was an excellent hotel. From arrival, the grounds were beautiful, the lobby was lovely, the room was big and bright with a great view to the back garden, the staff were exceptionally good with every detail looked after, and the breakfast was great. Overall a super wedding venue with very professional staff and a great spot for a break. I'll hopefully be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fitzy2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durrow
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
#3 of 4 in Portlaoise
Kilkenny River Court Hotel

Been to Castle Durrow? Share your experiences!